Neil Young / Peace Trail

peacetrail

Neil Young will release Peace Trail, his 38th solo album in December.

The album has been produced by Young and John Hanlon and like The Monsanto Years deals with global issues and humanitarian concerns. Jim Keltner (drums), Paul Bushnell (bass) and Joe Yanke (electric harp and pump organ) join Young on this largely acoustic record.

The CD version of Peace Trail is available next month, but the vinyl isn’t expected until 2017. If you want, you can order both via Young’s online store bundled with a “100% Organic Hat” (I kid you not).

Peace Trail is released on 9 December 2016.

Neil Young

7 John Oaks
8 My Pledge
9 Glass Accident
10 My New Robot

21 responses to Neil Young / Peace Trail

1. Alex says:

This has to win the prize for laziest album cover of all time.

• Paul Murphy says:

If you look at it upside down, you can see The Beatles in a tree. Unless you have the vinyl version, when you can see your broken LP on the floor.

2. Justin Isbell says:

Wow…that’s an expensive hat, an extra £28 over the cost of the CD alone. Wonder how much a non-organic hat would be…?

3. jim says:

I left a peace trail once after relieving myself on a wall after a nights’ drinking.

4. Carlo says:

Just a small note: “Joe Yankee” is one of Neil’s own aliases. It first appeared on Graham Nash’s “Songs For Beginners” LP in 1971, and has since appeared on several of his own albums.

5. Brian says:

It amazes me how prolific this man is.

6. Jim says:

Gotta love Neil. But this CD looks like the very antithesis of ‘Super Deluxe’.

7. Anyone knows anything about the three digital singles that are included in the bundle on the Neil Young site linked to in the article? Are there more songs on those I wonder?

8. David M says:

Hopefully Neil took longer writing the songs than the album’s duration.

9. DaveM says:

I for one have enjoyed Neil’s recent albums, apart from the SQ on A Letter Home (yeah I knew before I bought it what to expect) so am looking forward to this.

Given his u-turn on allowing his back catalogue to reappear on streaming services lets hope he does another u-turn on CD releases for the current vinyl only remasters, including Time Fades Away. Fingers crossed.

10. Dustin Soper says:

Amyone notice the similarities between this cover and the Bon Jovi “Burning Bridges” cover?

11. Paul Murphy says:

NB, my ‘haha….’ post was a reply to Gwynogue’s “Hat…” post, it came up in the wrong place.

12. Greg Viner says:

I noticed a big announcement today that Neil’s catalogue is now streaming ! So you can listen for now til your pocketbook can keep up with this prolific guy. Been listening on Spotify.

13. Jan Spring says:

Alex says:
    November 8, 2016 at 18:26
    This has to win the prize for laziest album cover of all time.

But then you have never seen the cover of ” Faithfull ” from Todd Rundgren

14. “Terrorist Suicide Hang Gliders” sounds like it should be a Half Man Half Biscuit parody of the Manic Street Preachers.

15. Randy Metro says:

I watched the DVD version of The Monsanto Years last week and thoroughly enjoyed it; just as much as I enjoyed After the Gold Rush when it was first released. Neil, I hope this one is a keeper.