Nick Drake’s seminal third and final album Pink Moon (1972) is now available in remastered vinyl form as a limited edition deluxe box from Universal Music Strategic Marketing (UMSM).
The album has been remastered by the original co-producer and engineer; John Wood at Abbey Road and pressed on audiophile virgin vinyl with the original gatefold sleeve, inner sleeve, paper labels, the promotional shop-poster and a facsimile of Nick’s handwritten lyrics to four of the songs, all gathered together in a box showing the original master tape box from which the vinyl was mastered.
This set also comes with a card with a code for a 24-bit download. Interestingly you get the album in three different file formats – hi-res FLAC files and standard MP3 (both of the remastered version) or ‘dubbed from disc’ MP3s – in other words a vinyl rip – of Nick Drake’s own copy of Pink Moon “played on a period record player for added authenticity”. Remarkably, as well as Pink Moon, the download code provides all three of Nick’s albums in digital form. So you get FIVE LEAVES LEFT, BRYTER LAYTER and PINK MOON as 24/96 FLAC, MP3 derived from 24/96 and the “dubbed from disc” MP3 sets!
This box set release will be followed in next year by Bryter Layter and Five Leaves Left in much the same formats.
- • Audiophile virgin vinyl
- • Gatefold sleeve, inner sleeve, paper labels
- • Original promotional shop-poster
- • Facsimile of Nick’s handwritten lyrics to four of the songs
- • Box showing the original master tape box from which the vinyl was mastered
- • Digital download card
- • Original Engineer/Producer John Wood
- • Mastered from original 40 year old analogue master tapes