Oasis / Be Here Now reissue due in 2016

beherenow_deluxe

Oasis‘ third album, 1997’s Be Here Now, will be re-released in October, the third in the ‘Chasing The Sun’ reissued series…

beherenow_boxThe album has been remastered from the original tapes and formats are similar to the previous reissues. They include a three-CD deluxe edition, a 2LP vinyl reissue and the super deluxe edition box set which includes the 2LP vinyl, 3CD set, a book, a bonus 12” white label and various other items of memorabilia.

All but the single CD remaster will feature a bevy of B-sides, rarities and demos, including a whole disc of the latter recorded in 1996 on the Caribbean Island of Mustique (the vinyl comes with a download code for this extra material). The reissue also features a 2016 Noel Gallagher remix of D’You Know What I Mean?

Be Here Now will be reissued on 7 October 2016.

Oasis

D
1. All Around The World (Remastered) 09:19
2. It’s Gettin’ Better (Man!!) (Remastered) 07:03
3. All Around The World (Reprise) (Remasterd) 02:04

51 responses to Oasis / Be Here Now reissue due in 2016

1. WeeSluggy says:

Was just thinking its been ages since the last reissue , and finally its arrived…nothing like keeping the fans waiting eh ??

2. JasonC says:

Bought BHN on the day it came out and was sooo disappointed. That 2016 mix of DYKWIM is a little revelation however. I wonder if NG had considered remixing the whole album – it might have changed BHN’s general critical perception.

I love this quote from Noel about the remix. It’s why I still like him… “As the years went by I’d started to accept that the songs on ‘Be Here Now’ were in fact insanely long… too long! Someone (I can’t remember who) had the idea that we re-visit, re-edit the entire album for posterity’s sake. We got as far as the first track before we couldn’t be arsed any more and gave up… It does sound fucking mega though!”

3. Paul W says:

Just put my order in thanks paul

4. Craig Williams says:

Where’s their version of Bowie’s Heroes (b-side to DYKWIM)

5. Horslips says:

And presumably the “Angel Child (Demo)” which was a b-side is from the Mustique demos so is included there!

I’m still holding on to my singles just in case not.

6. Paul Kent says:

No “Heroes” or Street Fighting Man?

7. Dogfacedboy says:

I think they are not including the cover of ‘Heroes’ out of respect for the dead. And Street Fighting Man for the undead

8. Phil Wilson says:

First to spot any Japan bonus tracks please post them here. Definitely Maybe and Morning Glory both had 2 bonus tracks on disc 1, not sure if there’ll be space on these for them though.

9. Stu says:

Hopefully HMV/Fopp will have an exclusive 12″ white label for this reissue, same as they did for DM and WTSMG.

10. Jonathan says:

curiously enough, the super deluxe box sets of DM and WtSMG are still available on their official webstore…

• Dan says:

I guess the memorabilia contents attracted the hardcore Oasis crowd but the pricing is ridiculous considering the audio is all available separately significantly cheaper.

I feel ripped off buying the Floyd ‘Division Bell’ box just to get the Bluray, while knowingly paying most of the asking price for a bunch of vinyl I don’t want or use. Floyd are the only band I would put money before common sense on certain things however and that’s the same with a lot of fans of specific bands. Hence the constant overpricing.

11. paul kelly says:

i/ll will be buying this one the only problem is the price is a bit expensive at 22 pounds the last 2 oasis deluxe albums were only 15 pounds at hmv

12. Michael Fortin says:

I was wondering what happened to this! I like the 2016 Noel remix of DYNWIM. Looking forward to putting this on the shelf next to the other two.

13. Kevin says:

Wow! This was nice to wake up to. Finally! Nice to see Noel didn’t abandon ship on the reissue program.

14. OceanBlue says:

Not much impressed by the new remix (the single edit is 7:22, so this new remix is actually longer than it!)… he lowered the drums and the bass and added some strings.
    A reissue missing at least 2 tracks for royalties reasons ? I just refuse to believe it.
    Quite curious to hear
    8. Untitled (Demo) 4:38
    11 If We Shadows (Demo) 4:53
    12 Don’t Go Away (Demo) 3:43

15. Peter Yarrow says:

I shall get the boxset at some point – also worth looking out for the one-sided promo 12″ in HMV as the previous two releases had these before release. I was expecting that the Oasisinet store would be offering a free 12″ replica of a single with the boxset as per the previous two – maybe the free download is instead of a 12″?

16. StackLeeAdams says:

I love this album – it might even be my favorite of theirs. If their first two albums were perfect plates of poutine, this one is a poutine with cheese curds, gravy, green onions, chili, jalapeños, shredded cheese, pulled pork, grilled chicken and hot sauce served with a side of ranch.

It has far too many ingredients and it’s completely over the top – the famous poutine that they were known for is still there, a little messier, but enjoyable in it’s own way because it’s so completely over the top. Think of the food that you hate yourself for loving so much because you know it’s terrible for you.

Drug-influenced or not, you have to admire the cojones of the guys who decided “f it, let’s go for it” and just went all out.

17. JWL says:

The “rethink” on DYKWIM is in terms of the mix, stripping it back, not the length. The length is identical to the original single. The album version added 20 seconds with the opening sound of a plane (taken from the Mustique demo).

Like millions I bought this as soon as the store opened on August 21st 1997. I haven’t listened to it in at least 15 years now, but I think some of the reputation it has gained for being a total turkey is undeserved.

(From memory) There are some really good melodies and it perfectly captures a moment in a time and a spirit the original band had, before the two members then left, Creation Records folded and everything became rather overly professional and mundane (including Noel pretty much giving up playing lead guitar).

With a little bit more care with the tracklisting (i.e. Stay Young not Magic Pie, no Blaze of Glory Fade In/Out guff but Sister Lover if they wanted a dark sound) and arrangements this could have seen them truly break America and be the biggest British band in generations.

• 2badmofo says:

Blaze of Glory, lol. I’ve always heard that on there too, Shame they didn’t put the Covers & All Around The World (full version) on this too

18. Robert says:

Im curious if they get a little more realistic with the prices on
    the Super Deluxe version. I ended up get the first two off
    of Amazon US for around $50 each at Christmas Time 2-3 years ago.
    Ill probably wait this one out as well.

19. auteur55 says:

I oddly have none of the b-sides from this era so I’m looking forward to this. The album is already compressed beyond belief so I can’t imagine what the remastering will sound like.

20. mike says:

And why is the question the world is asking….

21. Andy says:

It’s a real shame he didn’t follow through and remix the whole album – I’d definitely have bought that.

22. Adey says:

I’m glad they didn’t include the b sides from the japan cd single “don’t go away”. Also nice to see a missing “knebworth” track to add to the incomplete radio 1 broadcast. Its a shame they “its gettin’ better man” wasn’t added too.

23. JWL says:

I’m surprised they haven’t included the two tracks they did live for the BBC1 show (Be Here Now & It’s Gettin Better Man). I remember Radio 1 playing them too.

A disappointing lack of DVD content for all these reissues considering what a mass of footage exists for the band in this period (there’s at least 5 complete concerts from the BHN tour professionally filmed)… and the Knebworth show will pass its 20th anniversary still unreleased. Pretty crazy given it was originally rumoured to be planned to be shown in cinemas within a few months of the concert.

24. Paul says:

Finally. Been waiting ages for this.

25. Elliot says:

I’m looking forward to this, Be Here Now is underrated. It could do with some songs being made shorter or swapped out for a b-side but overall it’s a great listen.

I think a DVD would have been a nice addition to this, the GMEX gig that was filmed would have been fantastic to have. Some live material from the Dublin gig where Noel covered for Liam’s absence on vocals and an acoustic version of Setting Sun going into Fade In-Out from 1998 is worthy of inclusion too.

26. Lee Carson says:

3CD is down to £16.99 at Amazon

27. zane richardson says:

Many thanks Paul, ordered the 2LP @ 22.99.
    In case any of your readers weren’t aware, you can now get/pre-order The Masterplan, Heathen Chemistry, Standing on the Shoulder of Giants, and Don’t Believe the Truth reissues via SRCvinyl – the former two coming mid August and the latter two already released this month. I paid a hefty £40 carriage fee when I pre-ordered TM & HC in May but Juno Records will be also be stocking them next month.

28. Philip Birtwistle says:

Looks great. A chance to reassess a “lost” album in the band’s career.

29. greg nash says:

This is my fav oasis album, and I’ve been waiting years to hear those Mustique demos. Oddly the £100 I don’t mind, but the £10.50 is cutting deep, waiting for somewhere else to stock it

30. Pingback:Oasis / Be Here Now box set on Amazon | superdeluxeedition

31. msr says:

Japanese HMV website states there will be a thirteenth track on CD1

32. Pingback:Saturday Deluxe / 3 Sep 2016 | superdeluxeedition

33. Robert says:

This looks like a solid candidate for a deep discount on Amazon around the holidays. I picked up the first two Oasis box sets on Amazon US for $50 and under each. Of course it was months after the release but sometimes patience pays off.

34. Kevin says:

U.S. Release date for 3cd and 2lp vinyl was pushed back a week. New date: October 14th.

35. Mark says:

According to the official store “All box set pre-orders will receive the following –
    On line store exclusive – individually numbered, limited edition hand written lyric sheet of ‘Stand By Me’”. No extra music means a pass.
    HMV have an exclusive 12″ vinyl of Stand by Me and (I Got) The Fever but it seems only to be bundled with either the box set, the 3cd or the vinyl issue. Will probably be the way I’ll go as a hard core fan (sucker).

36. ANDREW r says:

Oasis get a lot of flack for this album but it follows in a long line of difficult 3rd albums
    (The doors waiting for the sun is an example) that were slated at the time then later reevaluated.
    Personally i thought and still think that Oasis make a glorious noise and a lot of the objections to them are simply snobbery.

37. smorrissey says:

Compared to their next album Standing on the shoulders of giants…be here now was pretty good….

38. JWL says:

The Japanese bonus track is a demo of All Around the World

39. Paul Trotman says:

Must admit I think the guitar solo on D’you Know What I mean is one of the best things they’ve ever done.

40. Wayne Klein says:

I have to ask Paul, does this sound as compressed and harsh as the remasters for the first two? Those sound awful. I wish that Noel would realize that not everyone likes to,listen to crap mastering.

41. 2badmofo says:

I’ve heard there is an error with 1 track on 3cd version. Can anybody tell me what it is? I’m still waiting on box set from HMV + 3CD Japan Version