Various Artists / Scared to Get Happy – 5CD set
Cherry Red Records’ attempt to document an era – namely the indie-pop scene of the 1980s – is an impressively researched project. Scared To Get Happy contains over 130 tracks across five-discs, with heaps of rare and obscure songs and only an occasional dip into the familiar (Aztec Camera’s Oblivious).
David Bowie / Life On Mars 7″ pic disc
It’s not Record Store Day, so the lastest in EMI’s series of David Bowie picture discs, is about HALF the price of the Drive In Saturday disc released in April. It’s been a devilish £6.66 for ages on amazon UK, but at the time of writing has just gone up to £6.99.
- • UK Order: Life On Mars? [40th Anniversary 7” pic disc]
- • USA Order: Life On Mars [40th Anniversary 7″ pic Disc]
- • CANADA Order: Life On Mars ? [40th Anniversary 7″ pic disc]
- • GERMANY Order: Life on Mars [40th Anniversary 7″ pic disc]
Lloyd Cole / Standards
Lloyd Cole‘s 11th solo long-player Standards is (thankfully) not a covers album, rather a new collection of (largely) self-penned material that was partially funded by fans. This record sees him collaborating with old muckers Fred Maher and Matthew Sweet, as well as Joan (As Policewoman) Wasser. It has been very well reviewed and looks like a return to form for the US-based Brit.
The Primitives / Lovely 25th Anniversary Edition
The Primitives 1988 debut album Lovely features their biggest hit Crash and is reissued here with a bonus disc of live tracks, single versions and demos.
- • UK Order: Lovely ~ 25th Anniversary Edition
- • GERMANY order: Lovely (25th Anniversary Expanded Edit.)