Out This Week / on 21 September 2018

The Lord of The Rings: The Return of the King 6LP coloured vinyl & 4CD+blu-ray

Belinda Carlisle coloured vinyl

Christine and the Queens / Chris

More Felt deluxe reissues on CD & vinyl

The New Folk Sound Of Terry Callier reissue

The New Folk Sound Of Terry Callier

MC5 / Total Assault (3LP coloured vinyl)

Rhino issue the American rock band’s three influential albums (issued between 1969 and 1971) in this 50th anniversary Total Assault box set. Features Kick Out The Jams (red vinyl), Back in the USA (white vinyl) and High Time (blue vinyl). Packaging recreates the originals.

MC5

Total Assault: 50th Anniversary Collection [VINYL]

HMV uk 6LP coloured vinyl box 57.99

14 responses to Out This Week / on 21 September 2018

1. Andrew Mogford says:

I’ve got Prince pre-ordered but I’m seriously thinking of cancelling. What I’ve heard of so far it sounds like something I admire rather than listen to again and again – if that makes sense?

2. Andreas says:

So a generous 10 Prince demos from a vault of how much unreleased music? At this rate we’ll have Prince music well into the new millennium!

3. Electric Sydney says:

The Terry Callier is not coming out ‘til October.

4. Rik Skyline says:

I’m looking forward to the new Suede album this week. I dearly love that band. Since ’92. It’s Interesting how all of a sudden the previous two albums ‘Bloodsports’ and ‘Night Thoughts’ are now considered to be part of a triptych of albums. If ever that was the plan, it has never been mentioned publicly. The only thing I can deduce from such a statement is… I don’t know.

5. Alan says:

Is that a genuine photo of Prince looking into a mirror? It’s very Bowie – Nothing Has Changed-esque. The hair of the person looking into the mirror doesn’t seem to match Prince’s hair in the mirror, but it’s hard to tell.

6. SimonF says:

Just pre-ordered the MC5 set from Amazon UK. Appears to be the cheapest price around. Sounds like an excellent set. Look forward to this one!!

7. EW99 says:

A very minor point but clicking on the “more” button on the home page takes you halfway down the post whereas it normally takes you to the point in the post directly after the copy that appears on the home page. Same thing happened last week IIRC but don’t remember it happening before. No biggie but just thought I’d mention it.

Ah… I know what that is happening. Will try to get it fixed. Thanks!

• imsparky4u says:

This happens to me every time I click on “more” for a page. I’ll add my two cents since it’s been brought up. Thought it might just be me. It’s certainly not something I can’t deal with, but it is frustrating having to scroll back to the top of the page every time. That being said, I will be here every day regardless and am sitting across the room from stacks of music I’m loving thanks to you. LOVE love love this site, Paul!! Keep up the amazing work!

8. Philip Birtwistle says:

Wish the MC5 was out on CD, but I suppose I’ll have to keep up my old CDs for now.

9. Phil Wilson says:

Johnny Hates Jazz has been put back a couple of weeks, now out on 5th October. Cited manufacturing issues but I am guessing to add on the missing track that Clark said he’d get done?