Out This Week / on 24 May 2019

Sting / My Songs new album

Sting / My Songs

Blancmange / The Blanc Tapes 6LP box

Ian Broudie / Tales Told reissue

Joan As Police Woman / JOANTHOLOGY

Toto / All In: 1978-2018 / 13CD box set

Primal Scream set to release a new singles compilation

The Waterboys return with a new album, ‘Where The Action Is’

The La’s / BBC In Session coloured vinyl

Morrissey / New album ‘California Son’

Steve Miller Band / Complete Albums vol 2

Following on from last year’s Complete Albums Volume 1 (1968-1976) 9LP vinyl box comes a second volume, presenting nine more Steve Miller Band studio albums. Complete Albums Volume 2 (1977-2011) is another 9LP vinyl set.

Steve Miller Band

Complete Albums Volume 2 (1977-2011) [VINYL]

Simple Minds / Big Music (2CD deluxe)

Various vinyl and CD reissues of Simple Minds albums this week from Demon, including this well-priced 2CD deluxe of 2014’s Big Music.

Simple Minds

Big Music

Tears For Fears / The Hurting vinyl LP

Universal repress the 2013 vinyl remaster of Tears For Fears‘ 1983 debut, The Hurting.

Tears For Fears

The Hurting [VINYL]

21 responses to Out This Week / on 24 May 2019

1. Barry Giles says:

I Love My Friends vinyl arrived today superbly packaged.
    What a thing of beauty.
    Thanks Paul

2. Trash says:

Just received my CD and LP copies of I Love My Friends.
    Playing the vinyl now.

Wasn’t sure about the reimagined cover originally as I really love the blue of the original however the new design works really well – the gatefold vinyl in particular is lovely.
    I hadn’t realised I was ordering signed copies so that was a nice bonus too.

The postal packaging was great too – the items arrived safe and sound.
    Many thanks Paul.

3. SimonH says:

Hi Paul
    Thanks for sending the cd of I Love My Friends, received yesterday.
    A lovely piece of work all round!

4. Richard says:

Just nipped into Sainsburys for a couple of bits & noticed somebody was putting a couple of Sainsburys “exclusive”-stickered records out on the shelves. One was 60s girl-group compilation, on pink vinyl (not sure of the name, but the first track was “leader of the pack” by The Shangri las.

The second title was T.Rex “Gold” which, according to the sticker, was a “Sainsburys exclusive 2 x 180g gold vinyl”. I’m pretty sure this was originally released on gold vinyl anyway, but the jargon on the back did say (c) 2019 Demon music. So maybe a repress.

I don’t know if any other stores have different titles on sale.

5. Paul Kent says:

The Fall’s first 2 albums are reissued by Cherry Red on Friday to kick off their Fall Sound Archive series. Newly remastered 3-CD deluxes and coloured vinyls with bonus 7″ singles.

6. Stephen Rickard says:

Bowie’s Diamond Dogs gets a 45th anniversary reissue on Friday. Pressed on red vinyl and available from bricks and mortar stores only.

7. James says:

Kate has listed the retailers for the ‘Cloudbusting’ picture disc on her website.

Not quite one retailer per territory. Australia has over a dozen, for example, as does the Netherlands.

The Netherlands has about 30! UK has one (with no website). I asked if I could sell on the SDE shop and was refused.

• James says:

TBH, I’d prefer it if Kate just sold it through her website like the last one, but she probably got tired of the lines at the local post office and filling out export duty forms.

• Gorecki says:

Do some countries, like the Netherlands, have a nationwide chain these days? Is it a case where it’s effectively 30 sellers with only 1-2 branches each? I have no idea: just hypothesising.

8. Mark Phillips says:

I believe there’s a 4 track Morrissey single coming out (now on Spotify) with Lady Willpower as the main track but 3 non album tracks too. I’ve listened to it and while he makes an OK fist of it, it’s not as good as the Gary Puckett (or Gary Puke-it as a friend once misread) version IMO. A cover should either improve on the original or be sufficiently different to be interesting, otherwise it’s karaoke.

9. stevieb says:

Also this week, John Lennon’s 1967 film How I Won The War finally makes it to Blu-Ray in Europe. Available as a DVD/Blu Ray combination only and with a host of extra features, although none involve Lennon. An interview with director Richard Lester and a rarely seen short film by the Scaffold are included.

10. Elliot says:

Are the Simple Minds reissues remastered versions?

I’ve got the albums except Graffiti Soul already, I might just buy the tracks I’m missing to save forking out for the whole album again.

• Michael Kelly says:

Hi Elliot. Not remastered but worth buying for the 2nd cds and the packaging. I got them all in the rejuvenation box set cd and vinyl but will be buying them individually also for the packaging.

11. Paul E. says:

Hello Paul – I tried ordering a few items today from Amazon UK and, in both instances, am getting a message “This item does not ship to the United States”. Those were for the new Sting & Simple Minds Deluxe CD Sets- I have The Waterboys + MOZ already pending as an order as they were pre-ordered over a month ago and didn’t receive a message back to state they can’t ship now /they seem like they are staged to ship. Concerned as those Morrisey and Waterboys sets also show (as of today/checked a few moments ago) undeliverable to the US per Amazon UK. Do you know what’s going on? Appreciate your direction here and thank you for your help.

• Paul E. says:

Looks like Amazon UK got things sorted and items are now shipping to the US as per the usual.

12. Alan B says:

I see Bloc Party have a live version of their debut album Silent Alarm on pre order from their web store. There are various bundles available but they have one bundle that is totally ridiculous. There is a “boxset bundle” (even though there is picture of a box or any mention of one in the description (which consists of LP, CD, T-shirt, tour booklet, print and tour laminate for £100. It’s very expensive especially when you you can get everything except the tour laminate (only available with this bundle) via a combination of other bundles for £57! So if you want that laminate (cost about 10p surely) you will have to stump up £43. Someone has made a massive mis-calculation on price here and surely no one will be daft enough to go for it.