Paul McCartney reissues delayed

Paul McCartneys forthcoming Archive Collection releases, Venus and Mars and Wings At The Speed Of Sound,  are to be issued six weeks later than planned due to ‘production issues’.

The news post on Paul’s website doesn’t offer further details, but this is the first time a McCartney reissue has been delayed after the release date has been published. These will now come out on 3 November 2014 (instead of 22 September) over 18 months after the last Archive Collection release which was Wings Over America. If this ‘pace’ is maintained the next release won’t be until April 2016.

Venus And Mars Pre-order

speed_2cd

2CD Edition

vinyl_speed

2LP Gatefold Vinyl

8 responses to Paul McCartney reissues delayed

1. adam shaw says:

Thanks Paul , I cancelled my Amazon UK order and ordered from Canada instead .

2. LedMan says:

Pure speculation however wouldn’t it be great if the delay is really because the label is now considering adding a blu ray audio disc to both sets?

3. Paul Kent says:

Delayed… a bit like your promised overview of the reissues, so far, Paul. I was looking forward to that! ;)

4. Ben Williams says:

How is it delayed? The 2 albums were advertised as ‘coming soon’ back in 2010’s Band On The Run reissue!! Surely they would have sat down and discussed the first batch of reissues before announcing a release date.

Personally, I think that there is nothing wrong with the product… MPL just don’t want to clash with the upcoming George Harrison box set Beatles Mono releases perhaps?

I hope the pace picks up with these releases. I’d rather they just release 2 CD/DVD editions, say 3 or 4 albums every 4 to 6 months rather than 3 every 18 months. Paul is going to be 80 by the time ‘Press to Play’ and ‘Flowers In The Dirt’ see a remastered release.. People are losing interest. I certainly am and I’m a ma-hoo-sive Macca fan!!

5. Chris says:

As a massive Macca fan, I’m both surprised and disappointed by the news. I mean, didn’t see it coming.

Whatever production issues are holding those reissues up, I do hope that Macca, MPL, and Concord have them resolved before release in November.

Seriously, though… April 2016? That’s a long ways away for the next batch of McCartney reissues, but you never know… It might be earlier—that is, if the whole Macca team are careful!

6. Philip Cohen says:

The likely reason is because Universal Music(distributor of Concord) decided that they didn’t want The Beatles mono vinyl box, the George Harrison 7-CD box & the two McCartney CD/DVD boxes to appear in the same month.

But….if the Beatles mono vinyl box fails to get released September 8th, it will be the last straw; an appalling punch in the nose(against the fans) from Universal Music. This fan, who bought his first Beatles record in February 1964(at age 7) would never buy another Beatles group or solo L.P./CD/DVD/Blu-Ray product again.

This situation with the McCartney boxes certainly looks like Universal Music is playing a game with the fans, mistreating us.

7. Mike says:

Thanks Adam, otherwise I wouldn’t have checked, but…
    I have got to ask – why the blazes is it currently (29th Aug 2014) approximately £35.00 on Amazon Canada. You can add taxes and postage but still cheaper. I have to say a similar percentage difference also for The Division Bell Box Set (£71 Canada / £136 UK) – I wouldn’t care but all are British artists. Sorry for rant.

8. Pingback:New Paul McCartney delays | superdeluxeedition