Paul Weller / A Kind Revolution

New studio album • 3CD deluxe • Ten-inch vinyl box • Released in May

Paul Weller will release his 13th studio album, A Kind Revolution, in May and there’s some great formats at various price points…

The album is a prompt follow-up to 2015’s Saturns Pattern and features contributions from the likes of PP Arnold,  Boy George and Robert Wyatt.

The ten-track release is available in a number of configurations including a three-CD set (great price in the UK) which adds a discs of instrumentals and remixes/alternates and a lift-off lid ten-inch vinyl box set with the album pressed on five records, each with individual artwork. This set includes a 10-inch art print, lyric booklet and you get all 29 tracks from that three-CD deluxe as an MP3 download. Buy the ten-inch box from Amazon Italy and save close to £20 on the UK price.

A gatefold vinyl edition with art print is also available (as well as a standard CD, of course).

A Kind Revolution is released on 12 May 2017 by Parlophone.

0190295830588

6. Hopper
7. New York
8. One Tear
9. Satellite Kid
10. The Impossible Idea

Disc: 2
1. Woo Se Mama (Instrumental)
2. Nova (Instrumental)
3. Long Long Road (Instrumental)
4. She Moves with the Fayre (Instrumental)
5. The Cranes are Back (Instrumental)
6. Hopper (Instrumental)
7. New York (Instrumental)
8. One Tear (Instrumental)
9. Satellite Kid (Instrumental)
10. The Impossible Idea (Instrumental)

Disc: 3
1. Alpha
2. She Moves with the Fayre (Villagers Remix)
3. New York (Nightwatch) [Prof. Kybert Remix]
4. Nova (Toy Remix)
5. One Tear (Club Cut) [Prof. Kybert Remix]
6. Hopper (White Label Remix)
7. Satellite Kid (Syd Arthur Remix)
8. She Moves with the Fayre (Breakdown Instrumental) [Prof. Kybert Remix]
9. Woo Se Mama (E & TC Remix)

17 responses to Paul Weller / A Kind Revolution

1. Scott says:

I think Amazon UK need to get their dictionary out as they’ve got it as “A Kind Reveloution”!!

• Chris G says:

You beat me to it! Amazon ” speeling” not at it’s best.

• Scott T. says:

Or did you mean to say, “I think AmazonUK needs to get their dictionary out…”? Sure, their spelling error is obvious, but so is your grammatical one.

• Scott T. says:

And technically, it should also be “get its dictionary out” since a country is not man or woman or anything in between. Sorry, I’m not trying to be a d*ck, but I sort of have a huge pet peeve for folks who feel their only worthy comment about a product has nothing to do with the actual product, and in chastising what is a pretty bad error, dissing it with grammatical mistakes makes it all so much more ironic.

This is another unnecessary package deal for fans. The vinyl will be more than enough for me. Oh, and Chris G., it’s “spelling” not ” spelling”. Come on folks. Get real.

2. Justin Isbell says:

3x CD ordered at a great price… thanks for the alert.

3. Kauwgompie says:

Thanks Paul, preordered that 3 x cd. If the music is as beautiful as that cover, all will be fine. $17 including shipping to NYC. No brainer as Paul Weller always delivers (and somehow looks better and better the older he gets)

4. Rob Deighton says:

Pity that the 1990s album vinyl reissues weren’t priced the same as this new release

5. Eat Me says:

Wyatt and Weller collab has me curious. I’d have never thought they’d work together. Then again, Weller’s worked with Bragg recently too…

6. Adey says:

The 3cd version looks a bargain! Does anybody know if there are any bonus tracks on the Japan edition, or any “signed” editions available to pre-order?
    I’ve done a quick search but can’t find anything yet.

• Trash says:

Well I ordered from the Paul Weller store and all I saw was that there are some signed prints that will be given to random purchasers of the 10″box set.

7. Kevin says:

Whatever the price, his last few albums have been brickwalled garbage—even in the vinyl configuration. Pass.

• Trash says:

I presume you are referring to the sound rather than the quality of the music?

Maybe my ears are too old to notice but the last few albums sound fine to me (I have them on vinyl) but in particular the quality of the songwriting has been superb (and I am particularly pleased that he has added elements of dub and electronica to his palate).

I look forward to this releasee with eager anticipation.

• tyson says:

you may live to regret that…thisalbum is a stunner

8. Glenn Roger says:

I love how Paul Weller stays current and relevant. He kind of reminds me of a British Joni Mitchell type, he is always experimenting and putting out great music. I am always looking forward to see what portrait he has painted. What I am jazzed about is the instrumental and remix discs, I think Paul Weller is a wonderful instrumentalist and that disc will be awesome, Mike Oldfield sometimes does this and it gives a different dimension to their songs. I will most surely be picking this up!

9. Pingback:Paul Weller / A Kind Revolution box set | superdeluxeedition

10. Henry says:

Do the downloads of the deluxe edition only come with the 10 inch box set or also with the standard vinyl?