Placebo / A Place For Us To Dream / Double CD retrospective and vinyl box

placebo_place

Placebo celebrate 20 years of music with A Place For Us To Dream, a new retrospective…

The 36-track collection includes new single Jesus’ Son, Without You I’m Nothing (feat. David Bowie), and plenty of single edits. The two-CD casebound book edition includes a 32-page booklet of never-before-seen images curated by Brian Molko & Stefan Olsdal from their private collections.

A Place For Us To Dream is also being issued as a 4LP vinyl box set, or make that two vinyl box sets, since you can choose between a black or pink vinyl. For the moment, the box sets are exclusive to the Placebo webstore, with signed options available for early pre-orders.

A Place For Us To Dream is released on 7 October 2016

Placebo

a place for us to dream 2CD edition

Shop Price GBP Stock
HMV uk 6LP coloured vinyl box 12.99

Placebo

a place for us to dream vinyl box

Shop Price GBP Stock

track_listing

CD 1

Pure Morning (Radio Edit)
Jesus’ Son (Radio Edit)
Come Home
Every You Every Me (Single Version)
Too Many Friends
Nancy Boy (Radio Edit)
36 Degrees (Version 2016)
Taste In Men (Radio Edit)
The Bitter End
Without You I’m Nothing (feat. David Bowie)
English Summer Rain (Single Version)
Breathe Underwater (Slow)
Soulmates
Meds (feat. Alison Mosshart)
Bright Lights (Single Version)
Song To Say Goodbye (Radio Edit)
Infra-Red
Running Up That Hill
CD 2

B3 (Radio Edit)
For What It’s Worth
Teenage Angst
You Don’t Care About Us (Radio Edit)
Ashtray Heart
Broken Promise (feat. Michael Stipe)
Slave To The Wage (Radio Edit)
Bruise Pristine (Radio Edit)
This Picture
Protégé Moi
Because I Want You (Redux)
Black-Eyed
Lazarus
I Know (Version 2008)
A Million Little Pieces (Radio Edit)
Special Needs (Radio Edit)
Special K
Loud Like Love

37 responses to Placebo / A Place For Us To Dream / Double CD retrospective and vinyl box

1. Panda Ho says:

Who will order the black vinyl set if the pink is at the same price

2. Roberto says:

There is also a vinyl six tracks EP (green or black) with unrealeased stuff

• Darren says:

Correct! And there’s also a 7-inch of 2 new songs placed randomly in the box sets when ordered from Placebo’s on line store. Only 25 will get these!

3. Michael59 says:

nice compilation, love the cover picture a lot!

so what new stuff do we get?
    there is ‘jesus’s son’ on the album and ‘life is what you make it’, ‘autoluminescent’ and ‘song #6′ on the EP.

so we get these new songs?

1. jesus’ son
    2. life is what you make it
    3. autoluminescent
    4. song #6

is this correct?

is this correct?

4. Darren says:

Wonder how different “Version 2016″ of 36 Degrees is to the original?

• Daniel says:

They did a new version of 36 Degrees on the 2015 MTV Unplugged album, I’m guessing it’ll be a studio version of this, it’s quite good!

Placebo are my favourite band, I’ve ordered the black vinyl box set and the green vinyl LP, I’m excited to hear Jesus’ Son. I’ll probably end up getting the CD edition too.

5. Elliot says:

Looks like a good follow up to Once More with Feeling.

I’m undecided about buying the 2 CD as I own most of the singles with the edit versions. There’s 11 songs on it I don’t have.

I’m guessing that the 2016 version of 36 Degrees will be similar to the 2005 live version which was played slower than the album version. I think it was released as a b-side on a single.

Looking forward to seeing them live later this year for the first time.

6. neal says:

£70 for the box set?! I was excited before I found out the price! Thats a bit steep – at least include the CDs and other extras

7. Liam Bastick says:

I’m a big Placebo fan, but what annoys me about websites like this is the blatant profiteering made on overseas sales. If you order in the UK, it quotes GB70 including VAT, but then charges GBP70 excluding VAT – and that on top of the premium postage charges. There’s no VAT charge on a sale to Australia, but they keep the price the same – so more money for the same sale for them. There’s a few companies that do this and it’s a rort. (And for anyone who thinks us overseas buyers get things too cheaply, do check out postage charges etc. first!!)

8. Daran says:

Paul, anybody – If you order from an artist’s own store in the UK does it count toward chart positions? Always wondered as I like to help push a higher chart placing if possible.

• Daran says:

So for an example TMStores are used by Sophie Bextor for a signed copy of her new album in September. If I buy the unsigned copy from Amazon it will count in chart sales I presume, but what about her own shop via TMS?

• Derek says:

I suspect, Daran, that many of these artists have passed the Chart placing stage.
        Not that they’re nto worried about it, but that they’d rather get direct sales, direct payment, direct ownership of the data which will allow them to market more efficiently next time round, and the premium price they tend to charge for the signed copies, than a #14 placing in HMV and a drop like a stone two weeks later.

As an artist (author rather than musician) I know I’d love to have my books, in hardback, in Waterstones, and in the charts.
        But I know that my chart placings – against the JK Rowlings and Paula Hawkins of the world – would be miniscule.
        Plus, I make more money and build a better relationship with my readers (customers) from the eBooks my publisher sells direct to customer on his website, so I (perhaps naievely / egotistically) assume certain ‘Heritage’ acts are adopting similar approaches.

• Billy Dojcak says:

I don’t think one copy matters much.

9. Eventually someone was going to use that photo for an album cover. I kind of suspect you could find a 100 anarcho-punk bands on Bandcamp that already have.

10. James says:

My wife is a huge fan so I went to order the “deluxe” set which comes in either pink or black. The black is only available in the UK store and there is no shipping option to Canada (or the USA). Why would they limit the black to “not North America”? Seems strange.

11. Dean says:

The cover is hilarious. And inappropriate.

12. Paul English says:

Fair play to them for including single edits.

13. probablyrustin says:

Looks like a good retrospective, but I have to agree that the cover is kind of inappropriate and melodramatic for such an angsty band. Their stock (and quality) has fallen since the last collection, so a bit puzzling that they would only put one new track on the collection and save the other new ones for a separate EP, as clearly they’re not going for a succinct set here…

14. bob says:

I love the album cover……

15. gb says:

looks good. like that single edits are there. never really a fan of new-er versions of songs etc.
    just prefer originals on compilations like this. long-time fan. saw supporting suede first time/am in ‘Every You Every Me vid ;)

• Paul English says:

Well, it’s worse when they put album versions on instead of single mixes. So many rock / indie bands do this so this makes a refreshing change.

16. Robert says:

The cover was taking after a riot in Vancouver after the Boston Bruins eliminated the Vancouver Canucks in the Stanley Cup. Im from Boston and watched two of the games, in Boston, and the riot surprised me- all this anger of nothing.

17. Tom says:

That lp cover is simply tired, empty posturing; fake rebellion with no link to Placebo’s music.

• Michael59 says:

the link to placebos music is there for me: the title “a place for us to dream” comes from their song ‘narcoleptic’ and the picture captured the title quite nicely

18. Andrew says:

This is a great retrospective. I’ve plumped for the pink vinyl box set and green vinyl EP.

19. Pete {in Australia} says:

Have seen Placebo live once or twice, and Grab most of their realeses. Would love the BOXset, but at this stage, will hold off and will no doubt get the CD set. Talk Talk, are one of my fav groups, and yeap there are a few, so to have Placebo cover Talk Talk…………..well, I have ordered the e.p. no questions asked. THANKS Paul, for the headsup, as yet still nothing from the Placebo wesbite, even though on their mailing list!!!!!!!

20. Zac says:

An attractive collection with a few curious omissions:
    Burger Queen Français
    Twenty Years
    The Never Ending Why
    …all singles that seem to be missing while album tracks and b-sides are included instead.

21. Daniel says:

Apparently the black vinyl is only available in the UK?

22. Billy Dojcak says:

20 Years Too Many of Placebo

23. Andy Puddefoot says:

Great track listing although would of been nice to add the track twenty years just to top it off apart from that looks great

24. Pingback:Placebo’s A Place For Us To Dream limited edition 4LP vinyl box | superdeluxeedition