It was 25 years ago that Queen, commercially revived from their triumphant performance at Live Aid, performed two sell out shows at Wembley Stadium on Friday 11th and Saturday 12th July 1986.
A 2-DVD 25th anniversary set has been released which features performances from both nights in their entirety. The DVDs also come with previously unreleased footage and brand new bonus features.
Picture quality has been restored for the anniversary edition and the sound has also been remastered with a brand new stereo mix and 5.1 sound.
Additionally a 2-DVD/2-CD edition is available which adds the whole Saturday night performance across 2 CDs.
However, die-hard fans might wish to keep their money in their pocket for a little bit longer, because details are emerging of a third version of the Live At Wembley Stadium: 25th Anniversary Edition. The Live At Wembley Stadium Super Deluxe Edition will include the following content and can be pre-ordered from www.queenonline.com from October and is released in November (exact date TBA).
- Photo book featuring rare photos from the Wembley show
- 2 Disc CD set
- 2 Disc DVD set
- Replica concert tickets, VIP passes and laminates
- Re-print of the Wembley Show Tour Admat
- Hand Drawn 1986 Tour Map by Harold May (Brian May’s Father)
- Replica Wembley Stadium “Friends Will Be Friends” Soccer Scarf
- Replica Hawaiian (Button down) tour shirt
- 12” Inflatable Freddie Mercury Cartoon Character
- Flight case style packaging.