XTC‘s 1989 album Oranges And Lemons will be reissued in October as a CD+Blu-ray deluxe edition, jam-packed with bonus content which includes a 5.1 surround sound mix by Steven Wilson.
This package is the third in a series of expanded XTC album reissues following Nonsuch in 2013 and Drums and Wires last year. The CD contains a brand new Steven Wilson stereo mix while blu-ray (no region restrictions, NTSC) offers a hi-res (24bit/96kHz) flat-transfer of the original mix of the album as well as the following content:
- • Oranges and Lemons 5.1 Surround mix in 24bit/96kHz available in LPCM and DTS HD-MA
- • A new stereo album mix in24bit/96kHz LPCM audio
- • Instrumental versions of all new stereo mixes in 24bit/96kHz LPCM audio
- • Two separate sets of demo & work tape sessions showing the evolution of the album & associated recordings
- • A set of pre-recording rehearsals, promos & ID links for radio stations & record companies
- • A collection of single mixes & XTC’s version of Captain Beefheart’s ‘Ella Guru’
- • Promo films for The Mayor of Simpleton (three versions), King for a Day & The Road to Oranges & Lemons; rarely seen home-made film by the band explaining the album to Geffen Records USA.
The new Oranges and Lemons CD+Blu-ray comes in special packaging with expanded booklet and sleeve-notes by Andy Partridge, Colin Moulding & Dave Gregory. Full track listings TBA. Note that the CD+DVD-A variant has been ‘retired’ for this release, probably to keep production costs down and because the more generously spec’d CD+Blu-ray edition got the lion’s share of the sales.
- • Burning Shed/APE Pre-order: Oranges and Lemons CD+Blu-ray
- • Steven Wilson Pre-order: Oranges and Lemons CD+Blu-ray