Rolling Stones / Voodoo Lounge Uncut

The Rolling Stones are next month issuing Voodoo Lounge Uncut, the full unedited live performance from Nov 1994, previously issued in truncated form in the 1990s.

The show was filmed by David Mallet on 25 November 1994 at Miami’s Joe Robbie Stadium, as the band were four months into their Voodoo Lounge world tour. This new version features 10 performances omitted from its previous release and the full show is now presented in its original running order. Additionally, all visual formats feature five tracks from an earlier date on the Voodoo Lounge Tour that weren’t performed in Miami – in an attempt to make this a definitive record of The Rolling Stones mid-1990s tour.

This is being released by Eagle Rock, so there’s the usual wide array of formats including 2CD+blu-ray, 2CD+DVD, 3LP vinyl and standalone blu-ray and DVD.

Voodoo Lounge Uncut will be released on 16 November 2018. For some reason most of the formats are unavailable via Amazon UK right now.

The Rolling Stones

7. Live With Me
8. (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction
9. Beast Of Burden
10. Angie
11. Dead Flowers
12. Sweet Virginia
13. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker)
14. It’s All Over Now
15. Stop Breakin’ Down Blues
16. Who Do You Love?

CD 2

1. I Go Wild
2. Miss You
3. Honky Tonk Women
4. Before They Make Me Run
5. The Worst
6. Sympathy For The Devil
7. Monkey Man
8. Street Fighting Man
9. Start Me Up
10. It’s Only Rock’n’Roll (But I Like It)
11. Brown Sugar

7. Live With Me
8. (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction
9. Beast Of Burden
10. Angie
11. Dead Flowers
12. Sweet Virginia
13. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker)
14. It’s All Over Now
15. Stop Breakin’ Down Blues
16. Who Do You Love?
17. I Go Wild 18. Miss You
19. Honky Tonk Women
20. Before They Make Me Run
21. The Worst
22. Sympathy For The Devil
23. Monkey Man
24. Street Fighting Man
25. Start Me Up
26. It’s Only Rock’n’Roll (But I Like It)
27. Brown Sugar

8. (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction
9. Beast Of Burden
10. Angie
11. Dead Flowers

LP 2
1. Sweet Virginia
2. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker)
3. It’s All Over Now
4. Stop Breakin’ Down Blues
5. Who Do You Love?
6. I Go Wild
7. Miss You
8. Honky Tonk Women

LP 3
1. Before They Make Me Run
2. The Worst
3. Sympathy For The Devil
4. Monkey Man
5. Street Fighting Man
6. Start Me Up
7. It’s Only Rock’n’Roll (But I Like It)
8. Brown Sugar
9. Jumpin’ Jack Flash

34 responses to Rolling Stones / Voodoo Lounge Uncut

1. Thomas Casagranda says:

Significant mess on the 2cd / 1dvd set; it’s been delayed, yet nobody felt they had to tell us about the delay. I could’ve kept my money. Eagle rock are rubbish !

2. Peter Berg says:

We need a 4 CD, expanded version of the Live Licks album please whoever is out there for me to contact to make this happen, let me know. I know the Four Flicks DVD basically already covers this idea, but I’d love Licks Tour anthology with a unique tracklist on each disc. That was their best tour for playing deep tracks as every setlist was different and not your typical greatest hits show that they’ve played on every tour since Steel Wheels. Seriously look up some of the setlists from the Licks tour (02/03) and you’ll see what I mean. Also, why has there been no DVD/CD release of the Light the Fuse show from ’05? It’s such an awesome show with the slowed down version of 19th Nervous Breakdown and their cover of Get Up Stand Up. A Bigger Bang was a bangin’ album (pardon the pun) and I feel people forget about it too quickly. The songs from it sounded great live. Heck, they even played one at the Superbowl the following year.

3. lolsugar says:

It’s just stocking filler for Christmas.

4. Kevin Galliford says:

& where is “Love is strong”? FFS. 1st single off the album, best song off the album & you think it would be included as a bonus!! If anyone is’nt sure which Stones live album / dvd to buy, go for the recent San Jose issue, it’s brilliant!

5. Gisabun says:

Surprised nobody mentioned the ugly cover.
    Well at least they threw in legitimate bonus tracks instead of pulling out a few tracks from the same show and calling them “bonus” tracks like they did in at least 2 other releases

6. Eric says:

hi What it filmed in HD in 1994? if not I don’t se the point of teh blu ray. ( except that audio can be 24/96 instead of 24/48 on DVD)?

• Gisabun says:

@Eric: What’s the point? Uncompressed audio and video.
      Most DVDs suffer in quality after about 2.5 hours of footage.

7. Daryl says:

Paul, I ordered the DVD/CD edition from Amazon the day it was announced, but got an email a couple of weeks later telling me my order had been cancelled due to the item being unavailable from the supplier.
    If you go through the Eagle Rock site though, you can get them all from HMV (just in case you wanted to add those links to your widget).
    I used to have this one on VHS and at the time I was unaware that it was not the full concert. Since finding that out though, I have been hoping for a release of the full show at some point. Really looking forward to this one – I like the cover too!

8. Ron says:

Thanks for the reminder, Paul.

I went ahead and got the 2CD/Blu-ray set ordered and went ahead and bought the 2CD/Blu-ray of the San Jose ’99 show.

Before the internet, I used to buy boots of their shows for $50.00 (used) for a 2CD set and at least $25.00 for a VHS copy of a concert.

So, their archive program is awesome!

Thanks again.

9. David M says:

Looks pretty good. Certainly not a full tracklisting from the tour as I saw them do Shine a Light on this tour.

• Ron says:

David M,

I think a full track listing from the tour would take another CD or two, as the Rolling Stones would drop and add songs throughout the entire tour. I’ve seen bootlegs that contained every song played on the tour, and it was a 3 or 4 CD set.

That would be really cool, though.

10. bruce kelso says:

this release is to dated. should of been issued long before this.time what is really NEEDED is for the rolling stones studio archive series. vol 1.first issue is a 3 cd . disc 1 ,unreleased studio tracks. complete. disc 2 alternate early mixes. complete. disc 3 ,alternate final mixes. complete. recordings dates are mid 1970 to mid 71.i know this is never going to be.but it sure would be a KILLER series.a missed oppurtunity.

11. Alan Blevin says:

JPC.de have the combos as well.You had me worried for a minute because I have a combo of this in the same order as White Album SDE and Chris Cornell box.I checked their site and the combos are there.

12. Robert says:

Eagle Rock never released a CD + Blu-ray combination here in Europe from the “From The Vault” series. I am glad that they changed their mind with this release.

13. Rashers says:

Strange Amazon is saying that the Blu-ray is region A (USA) encoded. That’s a bit ludicrously retro. I don’t think I’ve bought a region coded concert disc since the 1990s.

Amazon is never accurate with these things. I don’t think Eagle Rock ever region code anything.

• Ron says:

I second what Paul states regarding Amazon (not that he needs any one to “second” what he states).

Amazon is probably the most unreliable source from a distributor when it comes to accurate information on upcoming and sometimes current music and movie releases.

I recommend going to other well-known sites and get your information there, then come back to Amazon for possible purchasing.

14. Alan B says:

Red vinyl edition available from the Official Store

15. richard says:

Paul, Through RollingStones.com you can order a red vinyl 3LP also Limited to a few thousand copies

16. Kelly Harder says:

I’ve been trying to find a copy of this DVD , and all i managed to get was the VHS .
    Thanks for putting this out, I for one will definitely appreciate it.
    Hope fully they will start digging out more material with Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor, in my opinion the Stones at their finest !!!!

• Anne Benn says:

I agree with you Kelly. Watched the concert in Adelaide Australia. i will also be buying this DVD . How time flies by 1994?

17. Stu says:

Strange that they didn’t play ‘Love Is Strong’ as that was the lead single. Unless I’m missing it on the tracklisting…

• Ron says:

Stu,

I recorded the original broadcast PPV and they didn’t do “Love is Strong”, which I thought was odd. But they didn’t do “Out of Tears”, either. I guess someone thought these were not good enough songs for a PPV.

• Ron says:

Stu,

If they release the Tokyo Dome broadcast from March 12, 1995, the we will get the following songs not on this show:

Rock and a Hard Place, Love is Strong, and Slipping Away.

18. webvan says:

I’m the biggest Stones fan and bought boot VHS tapes of ’94 shows back in the day and got the DVDs but all these video rereleases…dunno, who has time to watch these things ? On the other hand a big YES to unreleased studio material from the sessions but of course it takes a lot more work.

19. kook says:

I know a lot of people are looking forward to this but if I were a cynic, I might suspect that Sir Mick had deliberately sabotaged the ‘Beggars Banquet’ reissue to nudge fans towards this more lucrative release.

Personally, I would be far more interested in the ’68-era vault than yet another post-‘Steel Wheels’ greatest hits gig but there we are. How sad that Allen Klein’s malign influence is still throwing spanners in the works after 50-odd years…

20. Dave says:

The sound is flat and dry. Seems like they just used the house soundboard mix without doing a proper album mix (unlike the ‘From The Vault’ series which sounded excellent). Too bad since it was one of the best shows of the tour.

21. HE1NZ says:

I wish they’d release studio stuff instead

22. Stuart says:

Strange that this doesn’t appear to be a ‘From The Vault’ release, with artwork/branding to match the prior releases