Simply Red / 2003-2007 vinyl box set

Simply Red 2003-2007 / 4LP vinyl box set

First time on vinyl for these albums • Red vinyl • Bonus LP of remixes

Simply Red‘s three albums released in the ‘noughties’, under the band’s own simplyred.com label, are to be issued on vinyl for the first time and collected in 2003-2007, a new 4LP vinyl box set.

Home (2003), Simplified (2005) and Stay (2007) are all pressed on translucent red vinyl, as is a bonus LP of remixes from the period (and there were many). These remixes were “selected and compiled, and approved” by Simply Red.

Frontman Mick Huckall (although let’s face it, he is Simply Red) enjoyed something of a career revival at this point in time, thanks to the Home album delivering two UK top ten hits including the Hall & Oates sampling ‘Sunrise’.

The next album Simplified delivered reworkings of the classic Simply Red songbook and Stay was supposed to be farewell…except it wasn’t because Hucknall returned in 2015 with  another Simply Red album, Big Love, although that was issued on East West and isn’t part of this set.

Simply Red 2003 – 2007 will be released on 2 November 2018 by Demon Records.

Simply Red

08. Lady
09. Money TV
10. The Death Of The Cool
11. Little Englander

REMIXES 2003-2007
01. You Make Me Feel Brand New
(Antillas Full Vocal Edit)
02. Home (Motivo Hi-Lectro Radio
Mix)
03. Sunrise (Motivo Hi-Lectro Radio
Edit/Mix)
04. Fake (Love To Infinity Classic
Radio Mix)
05. Perfect Love (Lazy Radio Mix)
06. Oh! What A Girl!
(Sweet Connection Club Mix)
07. Stay (7th Heaven Radio Edit)
08. So Not Over You
(Motivo Pop-Lectro Remix)
09. Go Now (Trance Vocal)

12 responses to Simply Red / 2003-2007 vinyl box set

1. Gio says:

Price just went down to 42 GBP @amazon.co.uk.

2. Adam says:

Listened to the Lazy Radio Mix of Perfect Love and it is not a real remix at all like all the other songs included, so it should be replaced with Love to Infinity Radio Mix. (Love to Infinity Sunset Mix was the best in my opinion!) Can Daemon Records still be contacted about this? I know the band apparently selected the mixes, so probably no changes.

3. Adam says:

The remix LP seems to have mostly edits of the mixes with one exception. I really wish the superior Fake (Radio Mix) (to the album version) that was used as the single would have been included. Or throw in a promo only Money in My Pocket remix. If I recall Love to Infinity mix of Sunrise was better than Motivo Hi-Lectro that has three mixes represented here. Also I would have voted for Tin Tin Out Radio mix of Home over Motivo. The Tom Belton Vocal Mix of Oh What A Girl has extra verse not used on album version if I recall correctly. It seems an edited version of the Oh What a Girl mixes was never released even as a promo, hence why the 6:45 min version here?.. There were so many mixes for Perfect Love released, even as a US maxi single at the time, one was particularly good, not sure which one anymore but never heard of the Lazy Radio mix..Actually it was included on the 2014 CD DVD book style reissue Demon Music did but still would have gone with another remix. I would purchase this if the remix setlist was tweaked a bit.

4. jaffboy151 says:

I too have Simplified & Home already on black vinyl released for Chile and do confirm they sound very good.. If you know your modern vinyl pressings they you can tell by way of the distrintive long tight run out groove lengths and the digital etching in the run out grooves that they were pressed by GZ media, not normally a source of excellence but these are good, and I’d imagine these could just be pressed from the same plates.

5. Glenn Roger says:

I love and am a big fan of Simply Red, there is only one like Mick Hucknall. I am a buyer of colored vinyl, however, I am hard pressed to get this after they released all those 2 cd/dvd sets that was quite extensive and I got them all including the hard to find and sought after concert sets. I think that if your a vinyl hound and don’t have these albums already, it’s a unique way to acquire them, but I am just not going to buy it twice. I do live the red vinyl though!

6. James Persinger says:

I’m looking for a cut by Simply Red called “Money’s Too Tight To Mention”. Is this available on an album, boxset, ep, etc. Its a great tune that backed up “Holding Back The Years” on the 45 release.

7. Gianluca Morelli says:

Picture Book is a truly masterpiece, I agree on that.

8. Seanl says:

Looks ok but Picture Book was never bettered in my humble opinion

• John says:

True coincidence…I listened to my black vinyl version of “Simplified” just last night. It’s a very good sounding, legitimate pressing from simply red.com / Discos CNR released only in Chile in 2016. IMHO it easily sounds better, more detailed and real, than the CD version.

It’s too bad the fourth album is a remixes. Most are “misses” rather than “hits.”

The fourth album is a missed opportunity for Mick’s first live vinyl album. He has the master tapes…say combine the 3 UK singles CDs of live recordings at Ronnie Scott’s. They were released to promote “Home.”

Alternatively, how about one of the ten concerts sold only on CD direct from simplyred.com from his “Simplified” tour of the UK, Northern and Southern Ireland. All sound incredibly detailed and dynamic so you can feel “you are there.” Highly recommended IMHO.

Anyway, yes, I’m enough of a fan I’ll buy this box set too. Thank you for the heads up. Looking forward to it!