Sisters of Mercy / Floodland box

floodlandera

The Sisters Of Mercy follow-up their First and Last and Always vinyl box with a similar set for their second album, 1987’s Floodland.

The album was a significant success and spawned three top 20 singles in the UK, including top ten hit This Corrosion. This new Floodland collection contains four vinyl records; the album and three 12-inch singles with B-sides and extra tracks – see full details below.

The box set will be released on 25 September 2015 by Rhino.

pre-order

Amazon

JPC

track_listing
Floodland
Side A
“Dominion/Mother Russia”
“Flood I”
“Lucretia My Reflection”
“1959”

Side B
“This Corrosion”
“Flood II”
“Driven Like The Snow”
“Never Land (A Fragment)”

This Corrosion 12-inch

Side A
Lucretia My Reflection

Side B
Long Train (1984)

28 responses to Sisters of Mercy / Floodland box

1. Liam Bastick says:

Your Amazon Italy link is currently pointing to the Spanish Amazon site..?

2. Michael Bird says:

Do these boxes include download cards?

3. Heinerich says:

Oh, I’m really looking forward to this one… It’s one of my favorite albums. :)
    And judging by the previous “First and Last and Always” box, this is gonna be brilliant.

4. Guy says:

Might go for this one, I prefer it to their 1st. However the A side tracks on the 12″s are the same as on the album apart from the excellent extended mix of Lucretia, My Reflection. One of the best bass riffs ever?!

• Stu says:

If I remember correctly, the 12″ versions were all different to the album versions

• Adam says:

Unlike Lucretia, which is similar to the album version but different enough (and considerably longer), the other two really aren’t that different from the LP versions. I think Dominion is mostly just an edit, fading before the Mother Russia part, and Corrosion is just the ending extended another minute.

(Yeah, I could probably listen to Lucretia’s bass line on a loop for quite a while and still dig it each time around.)

Of course the extended Lucretia is on the greatest hits album, so you don’t need to go in for this to get it. I don’t recall the B-side being *that* great.

• Marc G says:

The Lucretia on the ‘A Slight Case Of Overbombing’ compilation is the extended version but has been truncated to 8:43(original full length extended version: 9:51).

• Billy Dojcak says:

12″ of a This Corrosion was a few minutes shorter than the album version

5. Dr Avalanche says:

Looks nice, but no more than that. No extra tracks, demo’s etc or anything? That’s what TSOM fans are waiting for; at least I am…

There must be some archives at Warner that contain some interesting material I should think. After 20+ years of not releasing anything new, just some little teaser/special/limited edition treatment might/would be expected.

A shame really.

6. Dr Avalanche says:

Oh and the official bandname is “The Sisters Of Mercy”. Could that be corrected? :)

7. Paul English says:

any 7″ mixes?

8. Eric says:

I loved this album and its singles, but yet again the box is vinyl-oriented so no sale for me.

9. Paul says:

Andrew Eldritch’s relationship with the record company pretty much hit rock bottom after Vision Thing, so I would doubt that any re-release would include unreleased demos, live material or otherwise.

This box set – like the previous one – is basically a rehash of the album plus the singles released to support it. It’s a shame, because I, like many others, anticipated lots of unreleased extras, but when I saw the track listing I was disappointed.

10. Quite a disappointment – just the original vinyl in a box. The longer CD single version of This Corrosion or the full 11 minutes of Neverland could have added some more interest, as could the inclusion of the 7″ edits of the singles.

11. Brendan says:

I sprang for the MoFi edition of this last year, even though it was part of the Silver Series. Anyway, lack of significant bonus tracks is likely to have me taking a pass on this one.

12. Robin Vosika says:

The Sisters of Mercy s classic 1987 beast of gothic bombast, Floodland, will be reissued next month as a 4-LP vinyl box from Rhino records featuring the original album along with three 12-inches fr..

13. Chuck says:

Amazon US pre-order page has vanished. my pre-order still shows in my orders though- not yet shipped but arriving between Oct 1-3. Can I depend on this or should I order from France or Germany (I have Garbage coming from Germany also). Does amazon notify you if they will be shipping an item after taking pre-orders or does the order just linger on?

14. deadair says:

Chuck, looks like your order was “mercifully released” … Ahem.

You ordered garbage from Germany? Really? No trash of your own?

15. Paul Anthony Chapman says:

any news on the bigh-res digital? as they did with the last set

16. Chuck says:

Has anybody received a copy or even seen one in the wild yet?

17. Simon Thornhill says:

I have really enjoyed the first two box sets Finding them to be responsible in price & well put to together. I know there may not be much to entice hard core purists But for folks such as my self who haven’t previously owned the albums on vinyl I think this is a great ways to go. Hoping to to hear some news on the Vision Thing vinyl box set to round off the studio LPs & 12″ singles released from the albums. Hopefully then a rarities vinyl box to bring any remaining releases together.

18. Miles says:

I picked this up last week, and can’t find a download card anywhere in the packaging. :(