Sparks / The Island Years 5LP box

sparks_box1

Back in June I alerted you to the fact that a Sparks vinyl box was due to be released this winter. At the time there was a question mark over the bonus LP but now everything has been confirmed.

As expected, at its core The Island Years is a collection of the band’s four Island studio albumsKimono My House (which was issued as a special 2LP set last year), PropagandaIndiscreet and Big Beat.

However the bonus LP, The Rest of Sparks, looks very interesting since it will feature b-sides and ‘other relevant audio’ from the same time period.

Sparks: The Island Years 5LP vinyl box is released on 27 November 2015.

pre-order

I Want To Be Like Everybody Else
Nothing To Do
I Bought The Mississippi River
Fill-er-Up
Everybody’s Stupid

Side 2

Throw Her Away (And Get A New One)
Confusion

Intrusion/Confusion
Looks Aren’t Everything
Tearing The Place Apart

pre-order

9 responses to Sparks / The Island Years 5LP box

1. Straker says:

Unrealistic price, £90. US and Canada price is just stoopid. All looks very cynical.

Back in June you could have pre-ordered for just over £60, but we didn’t have all the details at that point :)

2. Trevor says:

Would have ordered this instantly had it not been for the ridulously high price.

3. Peter says:

Paul

Ordered in June @ £62, now £88 nice one

Peter

4. Shawn says:

$199.99 USD from Amazon USA, really?

Pass.

5. Craig hedges says:

I’m hoping that as with a lot of amazons pre release prices this will come down.
    Sparks are such an underrated band, I haven’t enjoyed everything they’ve released but they pop up every few years and surprise me. Like to see some of their later stuff get some vinyl releases as well.

6. Charles says:

These seem to be priced based on the number that will be produced. The US price comes out to $40 a disc, ridiculous. I appreciate the label doing this but I would prefer they just reissue the CD remasters of these that unfortunately missed out on the first time around.

7. Tom D says:

Let me get this straight-we can’t get classic Paul Weller albums reissued on vinyl or classic soundtracks of Guy Ritchie but we can get a VERY expensive vinyl boxset of SPARKS? If this isn’t an example of a cheap*** record company that can’t license anything worth buying I don’t know what is!

8. baward says:

I’d rather rely on my ancient vinyl copy of Kimono and go digging in our local record emporium + charity shops etc. for the others, and save a bundle.