Suede / 2LP black vinyl

suede / 25th anniversary 2LP black vinyl

Deluxe 2LP • bonus audio • black vinyl

When Suede‘s 1993 debut was reissued for its 25th anniversary back in March, there was no vinyl edition, although a 2LP set pressed on silver/grey vinyl eventually emerged for Record Store Day, in April. Next month, that same edition will emerge on black vinyl and be widely available.

This is gatefold vinyl package features revised cover art (it’s known as the ‘silver edition’) and includes the original album on the first record and ten bonus tracks on the second LP. This additional audio consists of eight B-sides, the piano version of ‘My Insatiable One’ and Suede’s cover of The Pretenders‘ ‘Brass In Pocket’.

The vinyl records reside in printed inner sleeves which feature all the lyrics. This 2LP expanded edition of Suede will be released on 14 September 2018.

Suede

2. High Rising
3. Dolly
4. My Insatiable One [piano version]
5. Brass In Pocket

15 responses to Suede / 2LP black vinyl

1. Mark says:

I managed to get the RSD silver version and only recently picked it up. I’m now worried about the unlistenable comment – could Pat please elaborate.
    Demon Music Group is milking the Suede back catalogue, the Suede 25 year CD set has not had good reviews and now the Brett Anderson box-set content is available on clear vinyl….
    As much as I love Suede I’m starting to feel that these re-releases are excessive – next year the 25 anniversary Dog Man Star

• Pat says:

Hi Mark
      Queued early to get my hands on this,so was disappointed when it sounded like a muddy,crackling,popping,distorted mess. I should point out that i’m no audiophile;I don’t expect vinyl perfection.
      I ‘scoured the net’ for more feedback in the days after RSD, and the few reviews I did find were less than kind….hopefully the new one will be better.

2. Brian says:

I cringed when i heard it was a 2 record set. I assumed they stretched the single LP over 4 sides (I hate that). This is very tempting because the 2nd disc has some amazing songs!

3. Pat says:

The silver RSD pressing is unlistenable..I own picture discs that sound better.Several punters reported as much.Hope the new black pressing does the album justice.

4. paolo says:

Despite being a huge Suede fan I’ve skipped most of their still on-going cash-grabbing reissue campaign. Got the CD/DVD deluxe editions, then the CD singles box esclusively for the ‘Bloodsports’ B-sides, and then ‘Sci-Fi Lullabies’ on vinyl, cause the first part is my favourite album of theirs. I didn’t even bother with the super deluxe sets for the latest albums, and I think the standard CD version of ‘The Blue Hour’ will sit nicely on the music shelf with ‘Bloodsports’ and ‘Night Thoughts’ homologue versions.

5. Tom Kristensen says:

Bought the RSD “silver edition” on April 21st. Nice edition with cool inner sleeves. The tracks on the bonus disc are all great. This album is one of the all-time great UK debut albums. Highly recommended!

6. Tom Kristensen says:

Bought the “silver” edition. The bonus disc is highly recommended. Get it!

7. Eamonn says:

Spent nearly £50 getting the RSD silver vinyl from a seller in Madrid on Discogs. Should have known better and waited (like I have done for the Suede 25 4CD/DVD thing), Suede and Edsel are shameless when it comes to the rereleases.

Yes, but as someone mentioned, we know the pattern now… coloured/special edition for RSD, and a standard version WILL follow within six months. Universal did exactly this with The Cure two years running.

8. Rik Skyline says:

Yet another different vinyl edition of this album reissue from the Demon Music Group. – The 4th I believe. It’s got to be Head Music on purple vinyl next, surely.

9. Bob peel says:

This pleases me

10. Leo says:

Releases like these show that RSD releases are really only for easy cashing.. who cares about coloured vinyl, black is most of the times even better.
    Just be patient and don’t let the rsd hype get you. This and the David Sylvian release are the physical prove of it.

11. Tim Abbott says:

A bonus disc that’s better than most ‘actual’ albums, including at least one of Suede’s own!