Following on from last year’s Electric Warrior reissue, T. Rex’s seventh album, The Slider will be released on 26 November, to coincide with its 40th Anniversary.
The album is celebrated with The Slider 40th Anniversary Box Set, which will come full of audio, video, books and various memorabilia. Highlights include a new remaster by producer Toni Visconti, B-sides, outtakes and an unheard demo of the title track taken from Visconti’s private collection.
The set contains two CDs worth of content, and a 180g pressing of the newly remastered album. In addition the three singles also get vinyl pressings. A DVD will include a 105 minute interview with Toni Visconti, by Bolan expert Mark Paytress, along with archive interview clips and TV footage.
As well as the obligatory hard back book, this set also comes with a 40-page book of sheet music for every song on the record as well as a mass of reproduction memorabilia, which will either delight or disgust fans depending on whether you like fripperies in these box sets.
- • UK Pre-order: The Slider 40th Anniversary Boxset
- • USA Pre-order: The Slider-40th Anniversary Box Set
- • CANADA Pre-order: Slider-40th Anniversary Box Set
- • GERMAN Pre-order: The Slider 40th Anniversary Box Set
- • 2CDS
- • DVD
- • 180g vinyl pressing of The Slider
- • 180g vinyl 7″ pressings of Telegram Sam, Metal Guru and Chariot Choogle
- • Hard back book
- • Sheet music book
- • A2 Poster
- • Ad hoc memorabilia including sticker, plastic carrier bag, sew-on patch, facsimiles of Bolan fan club letter, membership card and concert ticket