The Beat / Complete Studio Recordings 4CD box set

beat

Edsel Records will issue The Beat: Complete Studio Recordings, a four CD box set, in May.

The clamshell box contains the ska band’s three albums I Just Can’t Stop It, Wha’ppen and Special Beat Service alongside a special bonus CD.The extra disc is an intelligent gathering of some of the bonus material found on the 2012 deluxe editions and includes seven special dub remixes.

The Beat: Complete Studio Recordings is released on 12 May 2014.

Bonus disc track listing

• 1. Tears Of A Clown
  • 2. Ranking Full Stop
  • 3. Too Nice To Talk To
  • 4. Psychedelic Rockers
  • 5. Hit It
  • 6. Which Side Of The Bed…?
  • 7. What’s Your Best Thing
  • 8. Cool Entertainer [by Ranking Roger]
  • 9. March Of The Swivel Heads
  • 10. Can’t Get Used To Losing You [1983 remix]

THE DUB TRACKS

• 11. Too Nice To Talk To [Dubweiser]
  • 12. Psychedelic Rockers [Dubweiser]
  • 13. Doors Of Your Heart [Dub]
  • 14. Drowning [Dub]
  • 15. Save It For Later [Extended]
  • 16. A Go Talk (Tappy Luppy Dub)
  • 17. Stand Down Margaret [Dub]

15 responses to The Beat / Complete Studio Recordings 4CD box set

1. Mike says:

Not actually ‘complete’ is it….

2. Ian says:

Given the deluxe editions from a couple of years ago I really can’t see the point of this release at all – ?

3. Gazelle says:

It would have been nice if the Bonus Disc contained the Dave Allen remix of “I Confess” from the original 1982 UK 12″ single. I say this as the 2012 reissue of “Special Beat Service” contained John Jellybean Benitez’s US remix of “I Confess” twice on its second disc (tracks 3 and 13), despite track 3 being listed on the packaging as Dave Allen’s admittedly inferior remix of the same song. To my knowledge the Dave Allen remix of “I Confess” remains unreleased on CD or as a download.

4. Eric says:

This set is probably aimed at people such as myself, whose interest didn’t quite stretch to all the CD/DVD deluxes at upwards of £13-16 a pop, but who would very much like the albums plus the most essential extra tracks from those re-issues.

5. Adey says:

Currently £17.99 on amazon pre order seems good price for what is on it. I agree with Mike- why call it complete when it isnt?

6. Tim says:

Seeing as though I have the reissues, besides dub mixes, what can entice me to purchase this? I will likely skip it. The doubles that are already available are really good as they are!

7. Joe says:

So everything on here was on those CD/DVD reissues?

8. Paul English says:

There’s a big difference between The Beat and Bad Manners.

9. Michael says:

The ‘You Just Can’t Beat It’ 2CD compilation from a few years back is 2 or 3 tracks short of containing all three albums in their entirety, just not in order, and it’s around a fiver.

10. murf says:

Does anybody know if the first 3 discs are the same masters as the 2012 reissue sets????
    The bonus tracks on those aren’t special enough to pay the prices individually (I’ve got the LPs and that 2 compilation with nearly all the LP tracks) but this could fit the bill is they are quality remasters.

11. What’s up Dear, are you genuinely visiting this site daily, if so after that you will without doubt get nice know-how.