The Cars: 6CD box widely available

carsbox

The recently announced Cars Elektra Years 6CD box is now available for pre-order across Europe.

The set, which features newly remastered versions Candy-O (1979), Panorama (1980), Shake It Up (1981), Heartbeat City (1984) and Door To Door (1987), has been art directed by David Robinson – who helped create The Cars’ album covers over the years – and we are promised replica sleeves which “faithfully reproduce” original artwork.

The Elektra Years 1978-1987 is released on 11 March 2016 and can be pre-ordered in the UK for the bargain price of £18.

pre-order

cars_elektrayears_front

The Elektra Years 1978-1987 6CD box set

The Elektra Years 1978-1987 6LP coloured vinyl box

8 responses to The Cars: 6CD box widely available

1. Ben Williams says:

Ok – I take back most of the criticism I wrote on the original post for this Cars box set. For the UK price on Amazon, this is now essential!

2. auteur55 says:

Ordered off of Amazon.co.uk and saved $14!

3. Scott says:

I remember reading that these are supposed to be faithfully reproduced with original artwork, yet I’m not seeing the red border on Heartbeat City. Also, does that mean these are coming with proper inner sleeves?

4. Stan says:

Holy Smokes! Paul, thank you for telling me about this! Even with shipping, I saved far more than 50%, compared to the cost of purchasing it from Amazon in the States. You, my friend, are the man.

5. Brian says:

Thanks for the post! I nabbed a copy. Amazon UK has to stop doing these awesome deals or I am going to run out of money. Wonder why there is so much of a difference between their prices and Amazon USA prices.

6. Ravi Joshi says: