The Cure / Mixed Up: 3CD deluxe

This June, The Cure will release a three-CD deluxe edition of their 1990 remix album Mixed Up.

The set will feature a newly remastered version of the original set on disc one, a further CD of extra remixes (either from the original era, or from 1990) and a final CD of brand new Robert Smith ‘Torn Down’ remixes which we know about already, since they feature on one of the Record Store Day 2LP picture disc sets.

If you don’t want the three-disc set (why wouldn’t you?), a single disc remaster is also available along with black vinyl versions of both Mixed Up and Torn Down.

The Mixed Up three-CD set will be released on 15 June 2018.

The Cure

Mixed Up - 3CD deluxe

HMV uk 6LP coloured vinyl box 15.99

The Cure

Mixed Up - 2LP black vinyl

HMV uk 6LP coloured vinyl box 24.99

The Cure

Torn Down/Mixed Up Extra - 2LP black vinyl

HMV uk 6LP coloured vinyl box 24.99

The Cure

Mixed Up - single CD edition

HMV uk 6LP coloured vinyl box 5.99

3CD TRACKLISTING:

DISC ONE : Mixed Up – Remastered 2018

01: Lullaby – Extended Mix – 2018 remaster ( 7:43 )
02: Close To Me – Closer Mix – 2018 remaster ( 5:44 )
03: Fascination Street – Extended Mix – 2018 remaster ( 8:47 )
04: The Walk – Everything Mix – 2018 remaster ( 5:27 )
05: Lovesong – Extended Mix – 2018 remaster ( 6:19 )
06: A Forest – Tree Mix – 2018 remaster ( 6:55 )
07: Pictures of You – Extended Dub Mix – 2018 remaster ( 6:41 )
08: Hot Hot Hot!!! – Extended Mix – 2018 remaster ( 7:01 )
09: The Caterpillar – Flicker Mix – 2018 remaster ( 5:40 )
10: Inbetween Days – Shiver Mix – 2018 remaster ( 6:22 )
11: Never Enough – Big Mix – 2018 remaster ( 6:07 )

DISC TWO – Mixed Up Extras 2018 : Remixes 1982-1990

01: Let’s Go To Bed (Extended Mix 1982 – 2018 remaster) ( 7:44 )
02: Just One Kiss (Extended Mix 1982 – 2018 remaster) ( 7:15 )
03: Close To Me (Extended Remix 1985 – 2018 remaster) ( 6:31 )
04: Boys Don’t Cry (New Voice Club Mix 1986 – 2018 remaster) ( 5:29 )
05: Why Can’t I Be You? (Extended Mix 1987 – 2018 remaster) ( 8:07 )
06: A Japanese Dream (12″ Remix 1987 – 2018 remaster) ( 5:47 )
07: Pictures of You (Extended Version 1990 – 2018 remaster) ( 8:06 )
08: Let’s Go To Bed (Milk Mix 1990 – 2018 remaster) ( 7:13 )
09: Just Like Heaven (Dizzy Mix 1990 – 2018 remaster) ( 3:42 )
10: Primary (Red Mix 1990 – 2018 remaster) ( 7:10 )
11: The Lovecats (TC & Benny Mix 1990 – 2018 remaster) ( 4:39 )

DISC THREE – Torn Down : Mixed Up Extras 2018

01: Three Imaginary Boys – Help Me Mix by Robert Smith ( 3:21 )
02: M – Attack Mix by Robert Smith ( 3:07 )
03: The Drowning Man – Bright Birds Mix by Robert Smith ( 4:29 )
04: A Strange Day – Drowning Waves Mix by Robert Smith ( 5:05 )
05: Just One Kiss – Remember Mix by Robert Smith ( 4:57 )
06: Shake Dog Shake – New Blood Mix by Robert Smith ( 5:11 )
07: A Night Like This – Hello Goodbye Mix by Robert Smith ( 4:24 )
08: Like Cockatoos – Lonely In The Rain Mix by Robert Smith ( 3:49 )
09: Plainsong – Edge Of The World Mix by Robert Smith ( 4:33 )
10: Never Enough – Time To Kill Mix by Robert Smith ( 3:34 )
11: From The Edge Of The Deep Green Sea – Love In Vain Mix by Robert Smith ( 6:21 )
12: Want – Time Mix by Robert Smith ( 4:44 )
13: The Last Day of Summer – 31st August Mix by Robert Smith ( 5:44 )
14: Cut Here – If Only Mix by Robert Smith ( 4:25 )
15: Lost – Found Mix by Robert Smith ( 3:59 )
16: It’s Over – Whisper Mix by Robert Smith ( 4:54 )

129 responses to The Cure / Mixed Up: 3CD deluxe

1. NarcoAgent says:

Re: the missing Primary, The Lovecats and Inbetween Days extended versions, the sleeve notes to the deluxe CD version say:

“The Mixed Up DeLuxe edition required an ‘extras’ disc,” explains Robert Smith, “but once I started compiling the remaining ‘1981 to 1990 12″ / extended mixes’, I realised that there were three* too many for the ‘Remixes 1981-1990’ CD, and seven too few for an ‘extra-extras’ CD…”

*The three that “got away’ (albeit available in digital format) are PRIMARY (Extended Mix 1981 – REMASTERED 2018) – “basically it’s a 7″ instrumental mix cut into the 7″ single mix – I don’t think either me or Mike Hedges were very much into this ‘remix’ idea at the time!”; THE LOVECATS (Extended Version 1983 – REMASTERED 2018) – “not really a ‘remix’… this is actually the mix of the original recording – it was simply edited down a bit for the 7″ single release”; and “INBETWEEN DAYS (Extended Version 1985 – REMASTERED 2018) – “this was ‘extended’ by person or persons unknown – but they obviously had a razor blade and were determined to use it! Only released in North America – I can honestly say I had nothing to do with it…”

So, aside from the interesting insights into the ‘making of’ those mixes, the notes suggest that they have been remastered and are “available in digital format”! I can’t find ’em anywhere – anybody know anything? Ta

2. Richard says:

hey Paul, just curious how often is your price box updated? just asking as the Amazon UK price is still £15.99 although your price box has it now listed as £14.50. I was hoping that having been released on Friday, the price had dropped a tad, but not yet.

This one was last updated at 8am this morning. So the price might have changed since then. Also, don’t forget it highlights the cheapest price including marketplace sellers

3. Neil says:

Release date changed to the 22nd June.

4. Mathew Lauren says:

That’s a lot of RM/remix work for 2.0 – only! No mention anywhere about The Cure in discrete-surround. There was a The Cure Greatest Hits DVD like P. Gabriel’s “Play” ~ a decade ago, but it was unwrapped 2.0 or faux.one – ONLY. As a fan, I submit that The Cure would shine in 5.1 or ATMOS.

5. yuyikurt says:

The 3cd boxset seems so attractive. I’m consider buying it. But what i most expect is Wish/Bloodflowers remaster deluxe boxset/vinyl reissue.

6. carsten hansen says:

no re-recording of A few hours after this ?

and i hope a new master of Close to ME (Closer Mix) ?

7. carsten hansen says:

no re-recording/remix of “A Few Hours After This”

8. Reed says:

Buying just for A Japanese Dream Remix alone. My all time fave.

Ditto all the comments regarding bricking. One can only hope…

9. memoryboy says:

I have been a fan of The Cure since 1985. First bought their music on the cassette ‘Sanding On A Beach’. I went and saw them in concert the first time in 1987 ‘Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Tour. I am really picky about sound quality. I find so many reissues and remasters to sound not so great. And I am thrilled when something is remastered really well. One thing I tend to do is purchase one single track off the album on mp3 (320kbps) and compare the sound with other releases and copies. If it sounds good I will buy the whole album, box-set. One thing I try and avoid is getting all excited by the news of all these reissues and releases and buying them only to find the sound quality sucks. I find that if it sound bad then it’s not ever worth listening to.

Examples of bad sound quality are: Most of the Dead Or Alive ‘Sophisticated Boom Box’, The Eurythmics 2005 Reissues, Most all the Pat Benatar collections sound awful, Most all of the Altered Images collections sound awful, All of those Depeche Mode albums that were remastered sound awful (But the Singles Collections sounded great), All the reissues of The Police (except the 3-CD collection: The 50 Greatest Songs, which sounds excellent). I have spent a lot of money in the past on music that was not remastered very well. I am trying to avoid that now.

Some great example of good remasters are: Fleetwood Mac’s recent reissues of all their albums, The Pretenders Box Set sounds great to me, As I mentioned The Police: The 50 Greatest Songs (3-CD), also the recent New Order ‘The Singles’ reissue was remastered and sounds great, The Pest Shop Boys recent remasters all sound much better than previous copies, Yello had released all their albums at one point years ago and the remasters were excellent. And the list goes on and on….

Of course this is my own opinion of what I think sounds good to my ears and what does not.

Regarding The Cure, I have been disappointed with the remastered sound on The Cure’s albums. So I expect the upcoming reissues to also sound not so wonderful, but I will probably buy the ‘Wish’ reissue and others, but I do think the reissues could have sounded better.

I really enjoy the remastered sound on a few of their Greatest Hits releases and the box set ‘Join The Dots: B-Sides & Rarities’ (Box Set). The list of albums by The Cure that I enjoy the remastering on are:

* Galore (1997)
    I think this collection sounds pretty good.

* Greatest Hits (2CD) (2001) (With bonus disc of acoustic versions)
    I think this collection sounds excellent in my opinion.

* Join The Dots: B-Sides & Rarities’ (Box Set) (2004)
    I think this collection sounds excellent.

I truly hope that whoever remasters this upcoming reissue of ‘Mixed Up” does
    a great job, and that the volume levels match up with those releases I mentioned that sound good. That would be nice.

Also, I wish that Robert Smith would decide to scrap the upcoming reissues ‘Wish’ etc… and start all over and truly do some excellent remasters and include all the extra content PLUS include remixes. That would also be nice.

• memoryboy says:

My spelling is awful in parts of my last post, I didn’t bother to look it over and correct any of it. My apologies.

I do know how to speel, I promise!

• Mike the Fish says:

I didn’t have a problem with the Eurythmics remasters. I picked up all of them but I only compared two to other editions and even in that context they were fine for me. Be Yourself Tonight didn’t sound a million miles away from the original vinyl cut by the credited mastering engineer and Peace, well the compression was different but so are some of the mixes.

10. Pingback:The Cure’s Mixed Up and Torn Down confirmed on 2LP black vinyl | superdeluxeedition

11. Urs says:

Really looking forward to this! I enjoyed the original Mixed Up on vinyl a lot but never bought it on CD. This new set looks lovely.

12. Ian says:

Potentially a lovely release… However, will mastering issues ruin it? Let’s hope not. After originally owning all of The Cure’s albums on vinyl when I was growing up then later switching to CDs I’ve found the only thing to do has been to track down original CD pressings up to ‘Mixed Up’ as the remasters (despite some nice bonus material) has been too loud and harsh for my ears. Hopefully Robert won’t kill the DR on this and we can all enjoy it…

13. Alien says:

Hi Guys, deluxe is 19.06 € on amazon.fr

14. Simon says:

For those asking about a deluxe edition of Wish: on BBC 6Music this morning they had a quote from RS saying that Wish will be getting the deluxe treatment and he is continuing the series of reissues.

15. Michael says:

Please Please Please don’t brickwall this!!!
    the Robert Smith remasters were so friken loud…on cd.
    This is my favourite Cure album and that’s all I ask … that it is handled with care.

16. HalloweenJack says:

Yeah, this should have been a 5CD set.
    Either way, I’m excited!

17. Michael says:

Great! I want this. I’ve held off on ever buying this album before, but a 3 disc set pushes me over the edge. Even more remixes to dance to.

18. Glenn says:

Would be nice to have the 3:44 7″ remix version of ‘Close To Me’ from the Half an Octopus 10″

19. Isaías says:

I must confess that I did not have any hope to see it in deluxe edition anymore and it was completely forgotten by me. Yes, There are missing remixes (lots of them) but at least we can have some of them in CD format. Let’s pray (I think only Jesus can help us in this almost impossible mission) to have Wish, Wild Mood Swing and Bloodflowers as deluxe also as well as a DVD with all the missing promo videos!!!

20. Daniel says:

Primary – Red Mix. That’s worth buying the entire set for, right there. I’m in.

21. Benjamin Adams says:

Perfect – exactly what I was hoping. I didn’t see a need to buy the RSD vinyl, and the second disc in this includes the Red Mix of “Primary,” which is what I want more than anything.

22. Chris says:

Fantastic news! I am very much looking forward to listening to all three discs. Absolutely cherished Mixed Up in 1990, it was a breath of fresh air! What an incredible piece of news for today, made my week. Pre-ordered and I would also extremely love a Wish reissue to follow suit. Took a bit, but Robert Smith seems to always deliver when it comes to his fan base.

23. Kevin P. says:

any word on a US release?

24. Steve W says:

Sems like a good deal – * ordered! *

I mean I’d prefer a new studio album but in the lack of that…

25. geri184 says:

In Between Days (12″) on https://www.discogs.com/Various-RetroActive4-Rare-Remixed/release/502860

The Lovecats (12″) on https://www.discogs.com/Various-RetroActive6-Rare-Remixed/release/1117411
    no problem for me
    One only problem is missing of Primary 12″ :-(

26. Kevin says:

So after searching through Discogs, I came up empty trying to find out where “The Lovecats (TC & Benny Mix)” comes from. I thought it must have been on some sort of Elektra compilation (Rubáiyát or something similar), but no.

I figure someone here must know. Anyone?

• Gerbrand says:

Re Kevin: The Lovecats (TC & Benny Mix)

Ha, I did the same plus some googling. All I could find that it’s an outtake from the original Mixed Up album.

• Graham Turner says:

A bit of digging suggests “The Lovecats (TC & Benny Mix)” was ‘officially’ released as a part of a 20-piece ‘rarities’ download made available on the thecurehitsus.com microsite that launched in 2001 around the time of the Greatest Hits album.

As Gerbrand mentions below, it was an outtake from the original ‘Mixed Up’ album.

• Ross says:

Robert Smith refused to let this mix of the Lovecats be included on Mixed Up because he hated it. His reason for rejecting it, in an interview at the time, was “it makes us sound like UB40”.
      I have been dying to hear it ever since.

• lament says:

It’s the remix Robert said sounded like UB40 and he hated it. We’ll soon see..

• -SG- says:

I remember reading a sarcastic article in the 90’s in Melody Maker about a deluxe edition of Mixed up, which at the time was supposed to be quite ironic. They even mentioned this mix of the Lovecats being on there…. funny. I have heard this mix along with the unreleased “Duke mix” of Let’s go to bed. It is interesting, Definitely better than the shiver mix of Inbetween Days but sounds less modern, so probably got the vote down for that, it really does sound a bit fast for UB40 though, the pacing and tempo is more like the intro to Englishman in New York.

27. Stefan says:

Despite being a casual Cure fan the CD is a definite purchase for me as I love this album. It’s worth the price of admission just for the marvellous Lullaby – Extended Mix and Pictures of You – Extended Dub Mix (i have used this track many times to demo Hi-Fi kit). I was really disappointed with the announcement that the RSD 2018 pressing was going to be a picture disc. Yes it’s very pretty but if it’s anything like any other pic discs i’ve heard in the past it’ll be a total waste of money, I couldn’t be any less interested.

Whereas a normal vinyl pressing, YES PLEASE!!!

28. negative1 says:

Glad to see this listed here. Posted the tracklisting yesterday as it was confirmed.

So, no april fools month as it seems to be going on.

Glad to see some of the B-sides and latter cd-single mixes included.

There is some things missing, but that will always be the case with these,
    lack of space.

I hope the new mixes are decent, because they are pretty short overall,
    so maybe they are drastically different, we will see.

later

29. Kevin Galliford says:

I like it & I’ll buy it & the Tree mix of “The Forest” is one of my favorite remixes ever! Hope the artwork / booklet is up to scratch!

30. Prunus- says:

Great release, i want it !!!!
    I hope so that the remasters are done well, no brickwalled and normal dynamics please :-).

31. Justin Cole says:

Great to see this happening (now when is the deluxe Wish finally going to materialize?). Only wish this had demos for “Never Enough” and “Harold & Joe” (the latter being my favorite Cure song).

• Trash says:

Justin – have to say that Harold and Joe is probably my favourite Cure song as well (certainly as far as anything post-Faith goes).

At the time they were planning to do a whole album in that (more electronic) style but backed away from the idea – mores the pity!

• Caroline says:

I think I was just an EP and it got scrapped the sessions weren’t going very well, partly because Porl and Boris weren’t into it. “Never Enough” was born of the more “rock” end of the group’s frustration with the speed and quality of the “electronic” sessions. Brilliant single, always one of my absolute favourites.

32. Steven C says:

Hope this means “Wish” gets this treatment next. I was actually also hoping The Cure would do a “The Albums, Part 2” sort of set like Tom Petty, Bruce Springsteen. I know there wasn’t a part 1 box, but all the albums were made available. They could pull off a box if instead of it being called Part 2, they called it Chapter 2. I love the 80’s stuff, but there’s a special place for Wish, Wild Mood Swings, Bloodflowers, etc.

Mixed Up is great. I am excited for this release.

33. Kiki says:

Thanks for this info ! That’s great news, eventhough this is slightly surprising ! The first 2 Cds is a great idea, let’s see later for the 3rd one…

Anyway, I’d have a preference for a “complete sessions” of each album, including mixes, 7″ edit etc… Something like the 2012 expanded series with more mixes !

34. Kevin says:

Woohoo! I am in. The photo makes it look as though the packaging won’t follow the previous editions, but that isn’t a deal breaker. June is looking good with this, Garbage and the Posies.

35. Matt NYC says:

will get this for Why Can’t I Be You (Extended) alone! *fangirling*

36. AdamW says:

Very happy to get the longer versions of Let’s Go To Bed and Just One Kiss on CD finally. And while the Red Mix of Primary is tops (Keith LeBlanc FTW!), it would have been nice to have the original 12″ version too.

Very much looking forward to the RS mixes. Do we know whether there are new vox, or just the originals? I wouldn’t mind a mix of both – might be interesting that way.

37. Lenny K. says:

Missed opportunity to release the 1986 7″ version of “Boys Don’t Cry”. To my knowledge, this is only digitally available on the Greates Hits DVD…

38. Stephen K says:

Also, hooray. The most exciting release of the year for me!

39. Stephen K says:

The extended version of “Hey You” was on Join the Dots. Sadly, the 7″ mix of “Hey You” remains unreleased on CD.

40. Kauwgompie says:

No brainer, will get this for sure. Sort of a So80’s artist rendition. Great to have all these remixes.

Yes, there are a few items missing. The “Love Cats” and “In Between Days” extended versions are 4 minutes long, the original versions are 3 minutes. Nice to have but not a deal breaker that they are not included. A bigger deal (for me) is that the post 1992 mixes are missing. Smith includes a disc with new remixes so the argument that the post ’92 mixes cannot be included because they were released after “Mixed Up” was released, doesn’t hold water. Further more, if “Wish” will ever be reissued as a deluxe version, it is unlikely the remixes will be included because none of the deluxe reissues include a single extended version so far. That means these remixes will be lost on cd forever, other than a few cd-singles floating around. That’s a shame, Smith should have included those mixes in this package.

41. AndyB says:

How about a 10th anniversary remixed/remastered edition of “4:13 Dream”? (10 years!) The mastering on that was horrifying.

42. David says:

There’s definiteky black vinyl versions of this year’s RSD coming in June too. Our universal rep told me directly, as I was debating whether to bag a copy of each pic disc from my shop. Last year when I didn’t have a shop I bought the hits PDs x2 and regretted it as wanted to play them and wanted best sound quality so sold them on and bought the black afterwards so double checking this year was a must

43. Brian Barker says:

So is there any indication of non picture disc vinyl issues of Mixed Up and Torn Down as of yet? I’m assuming that there will be like last years releases of Greatest Hits and Acoustic Hits. It seems it would be too much of a missed opportunity to not issue basic editions later but I don’t want to miss getting copies if not.

• David Carter says:

They’re already up for pre order at Amazon for a June release

• Brian Barker says:

Thank you David! I looked last week and didn’t see them listed yet, maybe they were just added recently. I was fairly sure there would be regular versions, but just hadn’t seen proof yet.

44. zombiekev says:

Correction: the Wish LP didn’t feature an extra track that wasn’t on the CD. I was just having a senior moment ;)

45. zombiekev says:

Thanks for the excellent news Paul. I immediately pre-ordered the 3CD deluxe edition.
    I’ve been hoping that there might be an expanded reissue on CD coming after learning about the RSD releases. I have the original double LP but have always held off from buying the album on CD due to the missing track. Fortunately, that problem has now been resolved as it features on Disc 2 (Track 5) of the new deluxe edition.
    Fingers crossed for an expanded Wish Deluxe next – as I’ve never bought that on CD either for the same reason.

46. Jeff says:

I am super excited about this! As a huge Cure fan, this has made my week:) Thanks Paul for featuring this.

47. Al Ghent says:

I hope this means a (non-picture disc) vinyl release announcement will be imminent (presume post Record Shop Day)

48. RJS says:

The songs do lend themselves well to remixing, and it’s a good album. I initially had this on cassette and upgraded to CD a couple of years ago, so I won’t be buying either the remaster or the deluxe edition.

49. Luke says:

Good that the re-issue campaign continues from where it left off.

Now the only thing I need is a Deluxe Wish which includes the Lost Wishes plus Open (Fix Mix), High (Higher mix, Trip mix), Friday I’m in Love (Strangelove mix).

50. Mihael says:

I know some didn’t like it but I would love to buy this in vinyl

51. elliott buckingham says:

looking forward to this but would it have been to much trouble to put the original 12″ mix of love cats on it

• SimonP says:

Seconded. I’ve never heard the one that is on there, so I’ll have to hope it’s not too offensive on the ears.

Also, there’s no ‘Friday I’m In Love’ anywhere to be seen, so I’m happy to purchase this. I hate that song!

52. The Golden Age Of _ _ _ _ _ _`_ says:

I`m not really a Cure fan but I had and loved the original `Mixed-Up` CD but it vanished! I never got round to replacing it, so count me in for the 3xCD set.

53. Chris Lancaster says:

Another remix release. Is this yet another April Foo… no, hold on, this is good! I didn’t think this would be part of the remasters releases, so this is great news. Plus, as has already been said, it will also mean a cheaper RSD. Well done Mr Smith!

54. JPH says:

“Torn Down” stands as a fantastic compilation in it’s own right without any remixing required! I have made my own compilation using the original versions.

Been a massive Cure fan since 1985 but I have to say that the last few albums have driven me mad with the lack of space in the sound which was one the band’s strengths previously. Too many drum fills, cymbals and Robert singing over almost the whole track right up to the very end. Drives me crazy!! Hope he does not re-sing these tracks on Torn Down (as he has done on some of the previous deluxe extras).
    BUT I have hope that maybe we will get some new music that reverts back to the older style.

Looking forward to Meltdown and Hyde Park – should be a good celebration!!

P.S. there are a few remixes missing: as previously mentioned Primary, Lovecats, In Between Days (US), To The Sky (12″ remix – unreleased) as well as post 1992 remixes including Open (Fix Mix), High (Higher mix, Trip mix), Friday I’m in Love (Strangelove mix), Watching Me Fall (underdog mix), Wrong Number (numerous mixes), Out Of This World (promo mix), Maybe Someday (promo mix), The 13th (numerous mixes) Mint Car (numerous mizes) / Strange Attraction (with other Wild Mood Swings remixes included) / Cut Here (Missing remix), and also the 4 singles each with their own mix from 4:13 Dream.
    Maybe this should have been a 5CD Deluxe Edition!!

• Neil says:

You missed out the A Letter to Elise (Blue Mix) and the 12″ extended remix only found on a US promo. Anyway this compilation only covers the 1981 – 1990 period so obviously those later mixes won’t be on here and to be honest even if they are further deluxe editions these mixes won’t be included as ever deluxe so far has included demo versions mostly.

• JPH says:

After typing all that out I realised that the reissue is all up to 1990! Anyway, fun to remember all those mixes for a few minutes. I think there are a couple more I missed off… There’s a Club America remix which was released on one of those Volume CD/Mag releases from those days…

55. David Crozier says:

As far as I’m aware the original 12″ extended version of Close to Me has never been available on CD before (there are plenty of versions of the song, but that one’s particularly fine). If that’s the version on CD2 of this, it’s worth the money for that alone.

56. Dan says:

It looks like the reissue campaign is back on track thankfully. Looking forward to Torn Down in particular, it’s going to be a whole new experience.
    Hoping for Wish remastered and expanded next!

57. Simonf says:

Never mind this and all the other junk that’s been featured this week, have you seen the forthcoming Killing Joke 40th anniversary box set.? Check it out @ Pledge Music!!

• Neil says:

This isn’t junk and it’s not going to cost £160 like that Killing Joke box set.

• David says:

Thats just the CD box set. The vinyl box is £550 and shipping is extra

• Gorecki says:

The Killing Joke set is £150 for 16 double discs —– 32 CDs!!! That’s barely more than £4.50 per CD – hardly a shameless rip-off! It just seems expensive once all priced together. It’s cheaper PER DISC than this Cure set.

I can’t afford the KJ – but some perspective is perhaps appropriate.

58. Heraldo says:

This does signal the recommencement of the remastered deluxe editions. He wants to do it chronologically.

59. Andrew says:

I hope this means the rest of the deluxe edition campaign picks up from where the others finished (Bloodflowers please) . I collected all of those and really enjoyed all the extras. They are nice sets.

• Gorecki says:

I hope the packaging matches with the already released sets: it’s really niggling when a set doesn’t quite match on the shelf.

60. I liked Mixed Up! I did not expect it to be reissued, let alone in deluxe edition, that’s great news. I can’t wait to hear the new mixes especially the ones by Robert. Like many, I hope it is a new start for the reissue campaign which had been stopped after Disintegration!
    Many thanks Paul for the tracklist!

61. Paul says:

Have to get it, if only for the long mixes of Let’s Go To Bed!

62. Caroline says:

Generous, in a way, for this to be announced before RSD. I was interested in Torn Down but wasn’t really willing to engage in a high-priced scramble cometh the day. Now I can get the audio in better-than-pic-disc sound. Hurrah! (Now how about some new music Mr Smith?)

• Adam says:

You may be in luck. In an interview on BBCRadio6 earlier this week Robert announced he’s booked studio time for the band next month and that he’d like to play one or two new songs at the Hyde Park gig in July. He added that they’re looking at tour dates and festivals next year and he’d hope to be playing new material.
      He’s said things like this before but this time he says Meltdown has been the catalyst.

63. ed says:

seems slightly odd this is being announced ahead of record store day. still im sure people will still want the vinyl version anyway

• Graham Turner says:

I’m glad they’ve done it this way – it respects the fans.

Those that want the RSD can still go for that (and it’s pretty limited anyway) while those, like me, who want the content but don’t really want it on picture disc vinyl don’t feel pressured into buying it.

64. David says:

Now, this i’ll happily buy

65. Iain McCarthy says:

I’m glad this is coming out, however, can we PLEASE get a Remastered/Expanded re-issue of ‘Wish’! Robert Smith has been promising this for years now.

66. Auntie Sabtina says:

So it’s one of those digipaks with the (belly band?) – you have to cut the thing at the side to get into the CDs or try to carefully peel back the thing which is not easy…

67. David Carter says:

I see there is also a vinyl release up for pre order on Amazon

68. Rich H says:

I’m hoping this might mark the continuation of the remasters. I’ve been waiting for a deluxe of Wish for too long!

69. artwwweb says:

Basically, the 3CD set looks great. Nice that the new remixes are all by Robert and it’s a good set of rare remixes on disc 2. I know he personally tries hard to give his fans what they want so I’m not complaining. But it wouldn’t be SDE if there wasn’t a bit of ‘but what about…?’

Primary (Extended) – orig 12”
    The Lovecats (Extended) – orig 12”
    Inbetween Days (Extended Version) – US/ Can 12” (this was, I imagine, not Robert’s idea, as the UK 12” is not extended, so it’s not totally official.)

I think all the later 12” mixes were on CD single, except some of the Wrong Number mixes, so they would have been nice to have. (They were only on CD as a promo.)

Have I forgotten any 12” mixes?

70. Matteo Leoni says:

It seems that the only missing extended versions of the ‘old’ songs are those of Primary, The Lovecats, Inbetween days and Hey you… btw, I’ll probably buy it.

71. Jim Breeds says:

Oh. My. God.

72. Ed says:

So glad I don’t have to bother with the vinyl to get these new remixes.

73. -SG- says:

Good. Now I don’t need to get that picture disc. Too bad they left out the Lovecats, Inbetween Days and Primary original extended mixes. Of course there are others too that RS leaked years ago that could have fit here if this were a 4 disc set. Still, this looks really good. I know a lot of Cure fans back in the day really hated this record, but I liked it.

• Neil says:

Putting the extended mix of In Between Days on this would have certainly made up for that dreadful shiver mix surely the worst mix William Orbit ever did but apart from that i am over the moon about this reissue.

74. Fitzysbuna says:

must be remix month here !

75. Klaus says:

At last. Something worth discussing ;-)