The Rolling Stones / From the Vault: Live at Roundhay Park 1982

roundhay_dvd

As previewed on last week’s Saturday Deluxe, Eagle Rock will release their final Rolling Stones ‘From the Vault’ release of the year next month: Live at Leeds: Roundhay Park 1982.

This actually brings us nicely full circle, since the Roundhay Park performance in Leeds on 25 July 1982 was only seven months on from the Hampton Coliseum gig which ended the US leg of the tour promoting the same album (1981’s Tattoo You) and kicked off these physical ‘From The Vault’ sets late in 2014.  The Leeds performance was another tour-ending concert, this time the 1982 European tour. The band wouldn’t hit the road again for seven years.

As with the other releases, the footage has now been restored and the sound has been newly mixed by Bob Clearmountain.

Live at Leeds: Roundhay Park 1982 will be released on 20 November 2015. Amazon France is currently the cheapest by a mile, with the 3LP+DVD only about £20 and the 2CD+DVD variant just £15.

pre-order

roundhay_dvd

DVD+3LP

roundhay_dvd

DVD+2CD

liveatroundhay

SD Blu-ray only

roundhay_dvd

DVD only

track_listing

3LP+DVD

Side A): 1) Intro: Take The A-Train 2) Under My Thumb 3) When The Whip Comes Down 4) Let s Spend The Night Together 5) Shattered 6) Neighbours

Side B): 7) Black Limousine 8) Just My Imagination 9) Twenty Flight Rock 10) Going To A Go Go 11) Let Me Go

Side C): 12) Time Is On My Side 13) Beast Of Burden 14) You Can t Always Get What You Want

Side D): 15) Little T & A 16) Angie 17) Tumbling Dice 18) She s So Cold 19) Hang Fire

Side E): 20) Miss You 21) Honky Tonk Women 22) Brown Sugar 23) Start Me Up

Side F): 24) Jumpin Jack Flash 25) (I Can t Get No) Satisfaction

2CD+DVD

CD 1

1) Intro: Take The A Train 2) Under My Thumb 3) When The Whip Comes Down 4) Let’s Spend The Night Together 5) Shattered 6) Neighbours 7) Black Limousine 8) Just My Fantasy 9) Twenty Flight Rock 10) Going To A Go Go 11) Let Me Go 12) Time Is On My Side 13) Beast Of Burden 14) You Can t Always Get What You Want

CD 2

15) Little T & A 16) Angie 17) Tumbling Dice 18) She’s So Cold 19) Hang Fire 20) Miss You 21) Honky Tonk Women 22) Brown Sugar 23) Start Me Up 24) Jumpin Jack Flash 25) (I Can not Get No ) Satisfaction

11 responses to The Rolling Stones / From the Vault: Live at Roundhay Park 1982

1. GRAEME EWAN says:

Great news Paul!! Is there any chance “we” can track the best deal for the new Drive By Truckers Live Set to get the best deals for all the fans??? A modern day, Southern Fried Rock Outfit if ever I have heard.

• richie says:

Graeme, the cheapest price for the DBT 3 vinyl & 2CD set is at Amazon Italy including postage is no more than £53 compared to £58 at Amazon UK, but hurry because the price is creeping up.

If you haven`t dealt with Am It. don`t worry the delivery times are good and return policy is same as UK.

2. Chuck Salazar says:

Sad, except for two tracks (Take The A Train, Angie), this From The Vault is almost identical to Hampton Coliseum 1981, this time I will not buy.

• DaveM says:

Chuck, that is what surprised me about the Leeds gig coming out so soon in terms of duplication with Hampton Coliseum. In my case though I am glad it is as I was actually at the Leeds gig – so its a pleasent surprise! Don’t know how many more of these FTVs are planned, but I may have to get more selective in the future……

3. howie says:

Fantastic, this was my first concert experience. What a day, beautiful sunshine, a pint in the Fforde Grene on the way to the park. George Thorogood, Joe Jackson, J Geils Band and the Stones for less than a tenner. Oh to be thirteen again!

4. lee sharp says:

shame the vinyl doesn’t come with a download code

5. Greg says:

As with the last two FTVs CDJAPAN has a limited edition 2 CD/ Bluray set made in Japan for the Japanese market. I received the Marquee Club. Packaging is excellent and it is exactly the combo I like best which is not available in any other market. It is currently about $58 U.S.

6. Ron Hatchell says:

I will buy it, as the price will be right.

I am hoping for a complete Paris 1976 video/audio set soon. “Love You Live” was never enough for me, as it was missing many great performances. A complete show would be excellent.

Then maybe we will get a physical release of the 1973 Brussels show.

And, of course, who doesn’t want a complete 1969 gig (Madison Square Garden) on video/audio?

Ron

7. Jimmy King says:

I’ve been listening to this gig for awhile now and love it. High octane all the way through. The film is what I am looking forward to since it hasn’t been booted like the Hampton concert. A great bonus track for this release would have been” Chantily Lace” , which they played a few times in 1982. This track to the best of my knowledge has never been bootlegged in soundboard quality.

8. Pingback:The Rolling Stones / From the Vault: The Complete Series 1 box | superdeluxeedition