The Sisters of Mercy / Greatest Hits Volume One / 2LP vinyl

The 1993 Sisters of Mercy compilation, Greatest Hits Volume One: A Slight Case Of Overbombing, will be reissued as a remastered double vinyl package.

This album brings together all the a-sides of the band’s UK singles issued on Warners between 1984 and 1993 and throws in a couple of US promo singles (Vision Thing and Detonation Boulevard) at the same time. A bit like the David Bowie Nothing Has Changed three-CD set from 2014, the songs are sequenced in reverse chronological order of release.

Greatest Hits Volume One: A Slight Case Of Overbombing will be issued on 15 June 2018. Floodland and First and Last and Always are also reissued on vinyl on the same day.

The Sisters Of Mercy

Greatest Hits Volume One: a Slight Case Of Overboming - 2LP vinyl

HMV uk 6LP coloured vinyl box 24.99

The Sisters Of Mercy

Floodland [VINYL]

HMV uk 6LP coloured vinyl box 20.99

The Sisters Of Mercy

First and Last and Always [VINYL]

HMV uk 6LP coloured vinyl box 20.99

Side 1
1. Under The Gun (2018 Remastered Version)
2. Temple of Love (1992) [2018 Remastered Version]
3. Vision Thing (2018 Remastered Version)

Side 2
1. Detonation Boulevard (2018 Remastered Version)
2. Doctor Jeep (2018 Remastered Version)
3. More (2018 Remastered Version)

Side 3
1. Lucretia My Reflection (2018 Remastered Version)
2. Dominion / Mother Russia (2018 Remastered Version)

Side 4
1. This Corrosion (2018 Remastered Version)
2. No Time To Cry (2018 Remastered Version)
3. Walk Away (2018 Remastered Version)
4. Body And Soul (2018 Remastered Version)

22 responses to The Sisters of Mercy / Greatest Hits Volume One / 2LP vinyl

1. Fennis says:

Got it, and was hoping for a digital download, but no such luck.

2. motte says:

You can preorder the record at amazon.de and JPC.de as well (and I guess at the other amazons, too). Because of the long title, it is spelled differently there and can’t be found by Paul’s price guide, I think.

3. paul widdows says:

I ordered mine from amazon and they have sent me a digital copy already.The digital copy contains the 1983 extended version of Temple of love not the 1992 version. i assume its a minor error on there part and not the actual tracklist of the reissue.

4. Mihael says:

I love their music but I must admit that their covers are not according to my taste. Except Floodland all their cover art are… yuuuurk.
    But you don’t listen to music with your eyes. It’s a chance.

5. poptones says:

Good idea ro repress that compilation. “Greatest Hits Volume One – A Slight Case Of Overbombing” was released as double LP in 1993 but it’s been OOP for ages and it usually goes for more than £100 on discogs merchants, ebay or record fairs.

6. Willard says:

Well, as I understand it, this is the only place to get this version of Under the Gun. The versions on Some Girls are remixes.

7. Rob says:

A couple of years ago I tried to figure out which versions were used on this album by comparing them to the known versions (in my collection) and came to this:
    01 – Under The Gun (Exclusive Album Edit)
    02 – Temple Of Love (1992)-(Touched By The Hand Of Ofra Haza)
    03 – Vision Thing (Canadian Club Remix)
    04 – Detonation Boulevard (Album Version)
    05 – Doctor Jeep (Radio Edit)
    06 – More (Album Version)
    07 – Lucretia My Reflection (Extended Version-Edit)
    08 – Dominion/Mother Russia (Album Version)
    09 – This Corrosion (Album Version-Edit)
    10 – No Time To Cry (12-inch version)
    11 – Walk Away (7-inch/12-inch Version)
    12 – Body And Soul (7-inch/12-inch Version)

Track 01, 07 and 09 are exclusive edits for this album. If you’re a completist this is definitely worth it.

8. MFG says:

Per Wikipedia, several of these songs are different mixes/edits compared to the album versions (I never bought the original CD myself).

I’m curious about the remastering. The CD album reissues from 2006 were not remastered – the WAV files looked exactly the same to me as the original CD tracks. I wonder what changes were made, if any, to the sound quality for this vinyl reissue.

• Rob says:

All three 2006 re-released albums were digitally remastered at Digiprep by Dave Schultz. The 2006 version/remaster of First And Last And Always is the first CD version that comes close to the vinyl original (which I still prefer) in my opinion.

• MFG says:

Ah yes, I stand corrected. They don’t sound much different to me than the original CDs, but the original studio albums were remastered for the Rhino/Warner reissues.

• Gorecki says:

They sound different to me: particularly Floodland, where I hear a lot more detail than on previous CD releases – including instrumental lines which I’d been unaware of before.

I wish they’d sorted some remasters of Some Girls and Overbombing (and Gift) out for CD as well. And it would have been nice if the three missing Body & Soul EP tracks had finally made a CD debut! Even the bootleggers have neglected the re-recording of Body Electric!!!

9. Cosmo Castanza says:

Loved the Sisters music , but how many times can you buy the same songs , can’t see any reason I would buy this……..well not till it appears at a silly price probably highlighted by this place.

10. madman says:

Is this half-speed mastered? (or cut, whatever it’s called, lol). I didn’t think these songs were long enough to warrant a double LP.

• Marcus says:

Some of the songs are quite long, the CD runs 73:40 minutes. If the versions are the same as on the CD, it is reasonable to release a double LP.

1. Under The Gun 5:42
      2. Temple of Love (1992 Version) 8:07
      3. Vision Thing 7:34
      4. Detonation Boulevard 3:50
      5. Doctor Jeep 3:02
      6. More 8:24
      7. Lucretia My Reflection 8:44
      8. Dominion / Mother Russia 7:02
      9. This Corrosion 10:17
      10. No Time To Cry 3:57
      11. Walk Away 3:24
      12. Body and Soul 3:32

(Source: Wikipedia)

11. Kevin Barrett says:

Great Album, will be getting this

12. César says:

The three SoM records will be re-released on the 15th of June on vinyl too

13. eric Slangen says:

I have all the vinyl boxes. Do I need this ????

• Ryk says:

I have all the vinyl boxes as well. I think buying this would be a slight case of overbom(b)ing.

Paul, the bracketed ‘b’ is for you and the widget above ;)

• spot says:

Not really. The only thing that wasn’t in the boxes would be the longer Vision Thing, and Under The Gun is slightly shorter here than on the single.

• spot says:

Correction: the longer Vision Thing is included in the SGWBM box as well.