The Wedding Present / Going Going… deluxe four-disc box set

weddingpresent_goinggoinggoing

The Wedding Present‘s ninth studio album, Going, Going, is a true multimedia affair and is being issued as a good-value box set that combines short films on DVD, the album on CD and 2LP, plus a bonus seven inch single.

Bandleader David Gedge explains the thought process: “I’d already decided [after the last album] that I didn’t want to make the next release just another album and so I came up with the idea of twenty interconnected pieces of music. Then, in the summer of 2014 I travelled across the USA with photographer Jessica McMillan and we made some atmospheric short films to accompany the tracks. Since then it’s been a case of progressing through the music, trying all sorts of ideas, seeing how they work set against the visuals.”

The album was recorded at Studios La Fabrique in the south of France and Parr Street Studios in Liverpool with producer Andrew Scheps.

As well as the double vinyl, CD and DVD the box comes with a seven-inch single featuring four acoustic versions of songs. If you don’t want all the vinyl in the box set, then Going Going will also be available as a simple CD+DVD combo package.

All formats will be issued on 2 September 2016 and The Wedding Present will perform the album in its entirety with projections of the accompanying films at five specially selected venues across the UK later this year.

The Wedding Present

17. Ten Sleep
18. Wales
19. Rachel
20. Santa Monica

15 responses to The Wedding Present / Going Going… deluxe four-disc box set

1. Tim-meh says:

God bless the 80s indie mentality – £22! Bargain of the year!

2. elliott buckingham says:

not a fan of theses but that is a excellent price for the content offered

3. Chris Lancaster says:

At £22 for the box set containing the CD, DVD, 2xLP and a 7″, this is a complete no-brainer – to the point that I’d be surprised if they don’t sell many more of the box set than they do of the version containing just the CD and DVD. Can’t wait for mine to come! It does make one wonder why other box sets are so expensive, however, if the Wedding Present can include so much for so little money…

4. Caroline says:

Cannot wait to get my teeth into this. I’ve loved The Wedding Present since I was a teenager and their post-hiatus albums are amongst their very best – “Take Fountain” and “Valentina” are both superb. Typical too of David Gedge to produce such an excellent package at a very fair price. A national treasure.

5. Astral Weeks says:

Would love a Wedding Present comprehensive vinyl boxset. I’d snap that up.

6. Simon Taylor says:

Cheers Paul, ordered for £22. This can replace my cancelled Graham Parker from amazon.de.

I was a big Weddoes fan back in the day. As a 20 year old I was driving to the local Our Price, first Monday of every month during 1992 to pick up the latest limited edition Hit Parade 7″ single. The band sold a special ‘Hit Parade’ box at their Christmas tour dates to store them in and still have all my 12 singles safe at home.

Haven’t listened to their newer albums but did see one decent review of this set and I fell drawn towards spending £20 on double vinyl, cd, dvd and 7″. A very good deal and looks like a lot of effort put into this by David Gedge. I do ask where the profit is for the band? Just as long as they cover costs.

Thanks for advising of this deal. Suitably ordered :o)

7. Caroline says:

Amazon are now listing the vinyl for the 16th with the CD/DVD still at the 2nd :-/

8. Michael L says:

Incredible price. I ordered via the Pledgemusic page for £30 including shipping, though my copy will be signed. Even that’s an ok price.

9. Gazelle says:

A deluxe 2CD+DVD package is also available via http://www.pledgemusic.com. The bonus CD is advertised as ‘containing four acoustic songs plus session & live versions of other tracks’.

10. Le Baron says:

Don’t know the band but I absolutely love the cover of this LP!!!

11. auteur55 says:

The pre-order on US for the CD plus DVD isn’t 11.65 it’s 15 and some change. I’ve pre-ordered but price hasn’t dropped much.
    I love Gedge and the wedding present. The guy just trucks along through every trend and fad just doing what he wants. I agree the last two albums were excellent. All is Cinerama stuff is great too.

12. EW99 says:

Hmmmm, are you sure amazon has this right? The pledgemusic page has 2LP+DVD+7″ and 2CD+DVD options but there isn’t a 2LP+CD+DVD.

It is correct, because the text below is taken directly from the band’s website:

“‘Deluxe’ Double LP + DVD [This double LP will come in heavyweight vinyl and also include the album on CD. Also contained in this format will be a 7” single with four acoustic versions of songs from the album, the DVD and lyrics]”

13. EW99 says:

Fair enough. Seems a bit odd to me that the pledge page wouldn’t mention the CD but maybe that’s why I don’t work in marketing….

14. Pingback:Out This Week / on 2 September 2016 | superdeluxeedition