The Who / Live at Leeds reissue confirmed as a triple vinyl LP

wholiveatleeds

The forthcoming The Who Live at Leeds vinyl reissue will be a three-LP package that features the FULL setlist, as played on the night.

This will be a half-speed mastered 33RPM pressing and unlike the two-CD deluxe edition issued in 2001, this new vinyl release will feature the 33-song set in the order that the songs were performed on the night (Valentine’s Day 1970!)

This is packaged as a six-panel gatefold with three inner bags. SDE ran a deal alert for this last week (now finished), but even the non-deal price of £25 in the UK is pretty good for a triple vinyl, half-speed mastered set that celebrates this landmark live album.

This will be released on 25 November 2016 (Amazon UK still doesn’t reflect this).

The Who

Overture
It’s A Boy

Side 3
1921
Amazing Journey
Sparks
Eyesight To The Blind (The Hawker)
Christmas
The Acid Queen

Side 4
Pinball Wizard
Do You Think It’s Alright?
Fiddle About

Shakin’ All Over

Side 6
My Generation
Magic Bus

76 responses to The Who / Live at Leeds reissue confirmed as a triple vinyl LP

1. Steven McLaren says:

Even more delighted now that I got this at £12.99. Cheers again Paul.

2. Dean T says:

Glad to see this is indeed a Abbey Road half speed master ,I was really pleased with my Exile On Main Street …this could be fantastic with the original play list …a real treat!

3. Chris Squires says:

Got this at £12.99, perfect. Even at full price it should tell The Human league that their triple album is way overpriced. I would snap that up at £25 to £40, but not at £80.

4. alex says:

if the 12.99 pre-orders are fullfilled it’s the deal of the year!
    thanks a lot!

5. Ravi says:

Awesome!! Also got it for £12.99 which makes it all the more awesomer!

6. Colin says:

The £12.99 deal was sensational Paul – thanks for letting us know!

7. Martin says:

Fantastic for the deal price last week – my lucky day that one
    Wish PIL would take long look at their pricing strategy though

8. Gav says:

Nice one – grabbed at £12.99 – I can now retire my original press with all the clippings etc

9. Leemer says:

Thank you Paul, the £12.99 deal was amazing! Thank you for letting us know! I am super happy with this full edition. I hope that they include some of the swag the original release had.

10. richie says:

Bloody hell Leemer “I hope that they include some of the swag the original release had”. At £12.99 or even £25.99, 3 LPs are a bargain. Swag, hmmm….

11. PeterJH says:

Wow! A bargain. How glad am I? Half speed mastered too!!! Thanks for the tip off Paul.

12. John Hirst says:

Fantastic. Got the £12.99 order as well. Thanks for the deal alert.

13. JohnC says:

….. and now a four week wait to find out if Amazon will honour the deal price!!!!

Indeed!

• Stan Butler says:

Fear not. They’ll honour it. This isn’t a mistake like Around The World In The Day (£1.94). It was a deliberate low price enticement. Remember Maiden’s 3LP Book of Souls has been listed almost as low in the past and that went through ok.

14. Mark Novak says:

Thanks Paul for keeping tabs on this, the patient ended up getting a good deal!

15. Joachim says:

With the current exchange rate the amazon.co.uk price is a real bargain ever for delivery on the continent. I will pay 18 Euro incl. VAT and postage. Great. So thanks lads for Brexit ;-)

16. Kirk Mulligan says:

Wow,at £12.99 thought it was worth a punt even if I just ended up with a new copy of the original release,but to to get the full show is fantastic,thanks Paul

17. Noel says:

Don’t know how you do it, but thanks for the tip Paul.

18. elliott buckingham says:

ill be surprised if they don’t honour it I mean they honoured the £1.24 price for around the world in a day

19. Leemer says:

True Richie, too true. It really would be too much to expect a reproduction of the pictures, letters, invoices and poster that were in the original version to be included in this version, especially at such a price. It was just wishful thinking…

20. MJ says:

Paul any more info about what’s going on box set.

21. ken says:

Thanks for letting us know about the deal. That was my hope to have the complete show so this news has me smiling ear to ear.

• Stan Butler says:

Crikey, Christmas has come early. 3LPs, the full set, in the correct running order and for £12.99! Again wouldn’t have known about it but for SDE. Thanks Paul.

22. Simon Taylor says:

Amazon now saying 1-2 months delivery, understandable the price has increased. Expecting a cancellation email from amazon sometime within the next week but even if that happens i’ll be tempted to go for the full price version or put it on the Christmas list to Santa. If the £12.99 deal comes off then i’m very happy.

They are just updating their systems since the original release date Universal gave them has come and gone and they are in ‘no mans’ land’ at the moment. I think the actual release date of 25 Nov will be on the listing soon. We will have to wait and see about honouring the price…

23. Michael says:

I wish Amazon would clarify exactly what this “Who” product exactly consists of.
    Today, I’m still confused because ‘one disc’ is advertised for this vinyl LP reissue on Amazon UK, Canada and USA, although the promo image shows three vinyl discs and the song selection list would certainly suggest this is a multiple LP set. Aside from that, I still don’t know if this deluxe edition will feature the original “Live at Leeds” ephemera included with the original 1970 vinyl release (i.e. business communiques, handwritten notations, promotional poster, postcard, etc.)? If it does, that would be brilliant! Any update on this?

I’ve told you what it consists of… but your still confused!? I’m confused by that :) I think we have to assume no ‘ephemera’ otherwise it would have been mentioned.

• Michael says:

Thank you, Paul. I wasn’t questioning what you posted, but what Amazon had posted. My hope was that the additional items included with the original LP would also comprise this new deluxe edition. Regardless, this is still a wonderful vinyl release, and I look forward to hearing the entire Who concert in the same song sequence it was performed in back in 1970. I enjoy your website immensely!

24. Peter Yarrow says:

Fingers crossed that the £12.99 price is honoured

25. Bruce nicholson says:

I’m always confused by people taking up the deals then immediately posting that they hope Amazon fulfil it. They have a 100% strike rate with the stuff that i have ordered through the deal alerts and i have ordered alot of stuff. I’m confident it will be fulfilled. And even if its not worse things happen in life.

• Ian Whiteford says:

Unfortunately Bruce, they have a record of not fulfilling the deal. As proven by the recent Graham Parker box set I ordered. Got notified after three weeks that the price had risen by around £30.

26. Dean T says:

I agree ,people need to chill a bit about the price ,even if it goes up its still a tremendous set,let not forget what we’re getting here …the ful set in correct running order..that’s a first…abbey road half speed master on quality vinyl …not to be sneezed at …and a great looking trifold sleeve(I love trifolds).come on guys even at the current price that’s a deal ,just check the price of the other abbey road releases…just pay up and enjoy a piece of rock history..

27. granata says:

The 3lp + DVD Hyde Park set deal (£10.81 – thanks Paul) was honoured. This one should be too. I took this price reduction as an apology-cum-enticement – it was only for a handful of days?

28. Neil Jones says:

So happy I went for it last week at £12.99. Thanks Paul. Now how about a deal alert of the My Generation box set? £29.99 would suit my pocket. Can you sort that out Paul? :) Or have I already missed the deal on that one?

29. Richie says:

If you use your head there are ways*** of getting Amazon to honour their deals.

***I will not reveal my method, it’s all above board, no underhand methods. Just, as I said, use your head.

30. elliott buckingham says:

i just hope they manage to fade the sides in and out correctly the amount of live vinyl I have brought where it seems exceptable to just stop the crowd cheers dead without any hint of a fade

31. Paul Wren says:

Paul: Give your self an instant pay rise and promotion – at £12.99 this has to be the best deal alert that I have seen from you. Thank you very much and keep them coming……………..

32. Euan shanks says:

I can’t thank SDE enough for this. To replace the copy with this is amazing. I also let my friends now as well. Thank you for the alert. And thanks for running such a great site too.

33. Andrew says:

So will we finally get the entire show, i.e., with the Spoonful portion of Shakin’ All Over left in?

34. Andrea says:

Amazon.uk price is incredibly growing up day by day.
    Now it’s 35.36 £.
    The original 12.99£ price is definitely the deal of the year!
    I took it for 25, a very good price for a triple LP edition.

35. DaveM says:

I understand the 2014 ITunes version is the entire show in order (like this) which is what they should have done for the 40th Aniversary collectors edition instead of lazily putting the 2001 CD deluxe discs in (apparently they are ever so slightly tweaked) along with the then unavailable Hull discs. This vinyl release and the seperate later Hull CD release render the 40th redundant IMHO. I am now hoping for a new SDE CD box of the entire Leeds performance in order. What are the chances?

36. Steven McLaren says:

Up to £42.99 now on Amazon and HMV. Bargain keeps getting better!

37. HenryTheHorse says:

Questions about the actual content of the 3LP set: does it have the original vocals and bass? In other words, does it have any of the re-recorded Daltry vocals and/or Entwhistle bass overdubs recorded prior to the 2001 deluxe version?

38. Arr Gee says:

£26.99 at Who website but with a very expensive P&P of £6.50 for UK

39. Steven McLaren says:

Just received an email from Amazon saying delivery date is unknown. At least they haven’t cancelled it. Everywhere else says 25/11/16. I love a good mystery.

I got the same email, but it wasn’t ‘unknown’ it read like this:

” “Live At Leeds [VINYL]”
      Previous estimated arrival date: November 11 2016 – December 02 2016
      New estimated arrival date: November 25 2016″

• Steven McLaren says:

I got that one today.

Cheers

Steven

• Gerry Menzies says:

I got the same email today saying the 25th November 2016, few days after I had the previous one of unknown release date. On checking the Amazon app regarding my orders, it is saying will dispatch on 23rd November and arriving Fri, 25 Nov by 9pm.

40. Chris Squires says:

The Vinyl has disappeared on Amazon UK…unavailable. I hope the £12.99 stupid deal is still honoured….

We’ll find out in a few days…

• Simon Taylor says:

I honestly don’t think they’d cancel now, they’ve had ample opportunity to do that and even in my mail suggested the expected delivery date:

We have good news! One of your pre-ordered items is now eligible for release date delivery and has been upgraded at no additional charge. Your new delivery estimate is:

Who, The “Live At Leeds [VINYL]” Estimated arrival date: November 25 2016

Its the “Upgraded and no additional charge” which both surprised me and made think this will happen. Looking forward to playing this.

41. Dean T says:

Preparing for dispatch…looking forward to this….

42. Arr Gee says:

Dispatched and arriving tomorrow! Thanks to SDE!

43. andy t says:

Being despatched at 12.99 for a triple – mental mental mental – thank you Paul – Christmas has come early, and boy will the neighbours know about this. Quietly and respectful volume for playback it will NOT be! Merry Christmas Paul.

44. MARK R says:

Arrived at 14.04 hours..as described ..thanks Paul

45. Simon R says:

Just been delivered and on the RCM as I type. A bargain… thanks to Paul/SDE. My wife won’t appreciate this :)
    Many thanks

46. Paul Wren says:

Received my £12.99 Live At Leeds vinyl today – brilliant!!

47. Sid says:

Received my copy for £12:99 – however they sent me an additional copy for no extra cost!!! Their mistake!!! Christmas present for a friend then :-)

48. Nick Clancy says:

Mine arrived too …. as per the original £12.99 deal alert

49. Keith Lambert says:

Yep, received mine too for the amazing price of £12.99 delivered. Many thanks for that deal alert Paul! I haven’t played it yet but it’s a beautiful set.

50. Mark says:

Just arrived! Well packaged as well. I haven’t played it yet but if it’s any good it’s the deal of the century! I’m still waiting for Soundgarden’s Super Deluxe Box Set of Badmotorfinger to come down and I’ll be officially a blubbering mess in the midst of a post orgasmic comedown.

51. madmickeyt says:

anybody actually got theirs yet? my revised delivery date is 23 Dec!

52. Kevin says:

Been told that they will be despatching 6/12 after the status had been at despatching 25/12 and 29/12 …delivery by 1/12 previously….

53. Dean T says:

Just turned up ….a little late and was starting to worry it was lost in transit ..but it’s here now..happy days..

54. Kevin says:

Received my copy today…….” I call it a bargain…..the best i ever had ” Many thanks for the alert Paul extremely grateful ….

55. Ian Stafford says:

Mine arrived yesterday and fantastic it looks to. All for £12.99. At a time when it seems that vinyl lovers are paying more and more it comes as a welcome bargain and all thanks to SUPERDELUXEEDITION, cheers once again for the alert Paul!

56. Steve Bliss says:

Got mine a couple days ago, dispatched from Indiana. Not sure exactly where that is located in the UK…

For anyone who’s still wondering, there is no ephemera as per the original LP. The cover is glossy, not matte. The inside gatefold is a collage of newspaper clippings. Good liner notes; i believe they’re a subset of the 2001 liner notes. Nice obi-strip :)

My question is: did they correct the crackles, or leave them in?