The Who / The Brunswick Singles 1965-66 / limited vinyl box set

whobrunswick

The Who are releasing a new seven-inch vinyl box set in April. The Brunswick Singles Box contains seven seven-inch singles and is the first of four limited edition box sets covering the four labels that band released music through. Reaction, Track and Polydor box sets are promised for 2015/16.

This box documents the start of The Who’s career and all the records are pressed on heavyweight vinyl with paper sleeves (reproducing the period graphics front and back) and are housed in a rigid ‘lid-and-tray’ outer box and a colour booklet featuring liner notes for each release.

This includes early classics such as I Can’t Explain, Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere, My Generation as well as unreleased single – Circles (backed with Instant Party Mixture).

There is actually a bonus seven-inch (making it an eight-disc set) which features the band’s first single, as the High Numbers – Zoot Suit b/w I’m The Face.

There is more vinyl to come from The Who in this 50th Anniversary year, with all the albums being reissued in March and The Who Hits 50 compilation also being put out of double vinyl following the CD release before Christmas. The Brunswick Singles 1965-66 vinyl box is released on 6 April 2015.

whobruns2

THE WHO – 7” SINGLES BOXES.

Volume 1: The Brunswick Singles 1965-1966.

1. ‘I Can’t Explain’ 2.04 b/w ‘Bald Headed Woman’ 2.08

Brunswick 05968. Released 11 November 1966

8. Bonus disc

‘Zoot Suit’ 1.59 b/w ‘I’m The Face’ 2.33

(Fontana) Fontana TF 480. Released 3 July 1964 Released as The High Numbers

12 responses to The Who / The Brunswick Singles 1965-66 / limited vinyl box set

1. Dogfacedboy says:

I have that Singles Collection 7″ box set from the 2000’s. Used different countries artwork for the singles rather than rather dull label bags.

2. Mark says:

Deal Alert!

Just spotted this: Tommy 2cd deluxe edition on Amazon UK for £5.99

Worth a punt if you haven’t already got it.

3. Phil says:

The whole point of a set like this is to replicate the originals which in this case means using those great 60’s company sleeves (which I’ve always preferred to picture sleeves). Including the Fontana single and the unissued 45 is icing on the cake. Ordered!

4. johnny says:

It’s £40 from Universal Music’s site

5. Lee Taylor says:

35% cheaper from Amazon U.S., for a change.

Pretty sure the UK price will drop before April, so I wouldn’t be too overly concerned about pricing at this stage…

6. Phil Cohen says:

I’ve got “My Generation”, “Can’t Explain” & “Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere” original Brunswick singles, though the “My Generation” single is in only fair condition,doesn’t have its original sleeve, and has has its center piece removed. I wonder if the new singles will have removable centers, or merely a printed illustration of a removable center?

7. Phil says:

Speaking of company paper sleeves, as there were none for Reaction and Track, they could look a little boring. I’d be happy if they created new ones even if only carrying the disc artwork over to the sleeve. Sacrilege I know but better than plain white.
    As for the centers I would guess solid as most reissues are now done this way.

8. fan says:

mono or stereo?
    I hope stereo, as the tracks on
    My Generation Deluxe Edition were like that

but mono would be more logical as the originals were mono

9. DogfacedBoy says:

To answer your question – mono. All mixes used as per original UK releases according to a Who-natic pal of mine.

The set looks great, slim hard card box, thin paper replica sleeves, push out centres and all importantly, they sound fab. “Abbey Road 1\2 Speed Master” scratched into the runout.

Got the box for £36 delivered thanks to this site so cheers ears.

10. Pingback:The Who / Vol 2: The Reaction Singles 1966 seven-inch box | superdeluxeedition