Tori Amos / Native Invader

Tori Amos will release her new album Native Invader in September this year.

Work on her 15th studio album was completed just a few weeks ago and it will be available as a standard CD, a deluxe CD edition and a double vinyl LP.

Native Invader is a 13-track album although the deluxe CD version adds two bonus songsUpside Down 2 and Russia. Unlike the standard issue, the deluxe comes in hardcover book packaging.

Tori has issued Cloud Riders as the first preview from the record and you can listen to it below.

At this stage, there doesn’t appear to be any digital bonus tracks as there was for 2014’s Unrepentant Geraldines (which included White Telephone To God and Dixie as iTunes and Amazon exclusives, respectively).

Native Invaders will be issued on 8 September by Decca.

0028948155873

Mary’s Eyes

deluxe CD bonus tracks

Upside Down 2
Russia

17 responses to Tori Amos / Native Invader

1. 5D says:

I think I read that the deluxe edition will be a book style CD similar to the Alison Moyet and Bananarama reissues

2. CJ says:

Always happy for new Tori material, even though I’ve felt kind of ambivalent about the last few albums. American Doll Possee was her last through-and-through classic album in my opinion.

3. Robert Hammond says:

Worth mentioning that order directly from the Universal Music web store and you can nab a signed copy of the standard CD version : https://store.universalmusic.com/toriamos/*/*/Native-Invader-Signed/5M1Z0000000 – It makes no mention if these are limited or not, but at only £10.99 it was a no- brainier for me :)

4. Steven says:

There’s a signed standard cd available via the universal store, link on her website album pre-order page.

• Bryan says:

The last couple of times I’ve ordered ‘standard’ signed CD editions, I’ve ended up with the deluxe versions (signed) instead. Either they’ve run out of standard editions, or the dispatcher had no idea if the difference! I’ve grabbed this of course. The best recent signed edition had to be Lana Del Rey with the bonus 12″ x 12″ signed album print. It looks like this signed CD fad isn’t going away anytime soon, which is fine by me!

5. Robert says:

I made the same post (with link) at 8.17 and got an ‘Awaiting moderation’ status. But yes – £10.99, signed. No mention made if it is a limited offer or not.

• Bryan says:

It’s highly unlikely that she’ll sign every copy ordered from the site, so it’s definitely a good idea to grab one ASAP. Let’s hope that she signs in something other than black though as the cover is rather dark…

6. JonC says:

Upside Down (the first one) was a B-side better than most artist’s A-sides….so if it’s a variation on (or “revisiting” of) that track then I’m not complaining

• Matt Ganoe says:

“Russia” is an alternate and oft used title for “Take To The Sky”, a b-side from that same era. In my dreams these are new recordings of both songs. *fingers crossed*

7. Pablo says:

THANK YOU PAUL AS USUAL!!!

8. HS says:

Ordered the signed CD, thanks for the info! I’ll just buy the deluxe as well (and the vinyl).

9. James Giraffe says:

Signed CD is now sold out. Shame. I missed it.

I’m also interested to see if “Upside Down 2” is a re-interpretation or sequel to the original.

And I wonder also if “Russia” has anything to do with the b-side “Take To The Sky”?

10. Ian Ryder says:

No one seems to have mentioned what a belter that lead single/track is. If lead tracks are any indications then this could be a great album.

11. Dorian says:

Some guy at HuffPo heard the new album and said that “Upside Down 2” is not a remake of the original, and “Russia” is not “Take To The Sky”. Two original new tracks.

12. Galley says:

Great guitar tone on the intro!

13. william mckinley says:

Cool I’ll be getting the deluxe version.