T’Pau / The Virgin Anthology price-drop

tpau2

As expected, the newly announced T’Pau deluxe set, The Virgin Anthology, has dropped in price fairly dramatically, since SDE told you about it on Monday.

The four-disc set which brings together a disc of original single versions, a CD of remixes and rarities, Rage + B-sides and The Promise + B-sides is now £37having been £53!

The Virgin Anthology will be released on 24 March 2017.

0602557203660

T'Pau

The Virgin Anthology

Shop Price GBP Stock
HMV uk 6LP coloured vinyl box 39.99

track_listing

tpau1
Click image to enlarge

Disc One – The Singles
1. Heart and Soul (single)
2. China In Your Hand (single)
3. Valentine (single)
4. Sex Talk (Live) (single)
5. I Will Be With You (album)
6. Bridge of Spies (US single edit – never previously released in the UK)
7. Secret Garden (single)
8. Road To Our Dream (single)
9. Only The Lonely (Canadian Guitar Remix) (single remix from Canada ‘Rage’ album)
10. Whenever You Need Me (single)
11. Walk On Air
12. Soul Destruction (single remix)
13. Only A Heartbeat (single edit)

Disc 2 – Remixes, Rarities and Demos
1. Bridge of Spies (AOR Mix) (Previously unreleased in the UK)
2. Arms Of Love (Canadian Remix) (Only released in Canada)
3. Running Away (Canadian Remix) (Only released in Canada)
4. Island (Canadian Remix) (Only released in Canada)
5. Only The Lonely (Nightmare Mix) (A side 12″)
6. Whenever You Need Me (Extended Mix) (A Side 12″)
7. Whenever You Need Me (Requiem Remix)
8. Soul Destruction (Extended Remix)
9. Soul Destruction (Heavy Bliss Remix)
10. Heart and Soul (Demo Version) (Unreleased)
11. I Will Be With You (Demo Version) (Unreleased)
12. Soul Destruction (Demo Version) (Unreleased)
13. Whenever You need Me (Demo Version) (Unreleased)
14. Only A Heartbeat (Demo Version) (Unreleased)
15. The Promise (Demo Version) (Unreleased)

Disc 3 – Rage + B-Sides
1. Arms Of Love
2. Only The Lonely
3. Running Away
4. Between The Lines
5. Road To Our Dream
6. Island
7. Heaven
8. Taking Time Out
9. Secret Garden
10. Time Will Tell
11. This Girl
12. Time Of Our Lives (B-Side)
13. Call Me (B-Side)
14. Road To Our Dream (Instrumental) (B-Side)
15. Crying (B-Side)
16. You Never Notice Me (Live Hammersmith Odeon) (B-Side)
17. Downtown (Live At Oxford) (B-Side)

Disc Four – The Promise + B-Sides
1. Soul Destruction
2. Whenever You Need Me
3. Walk On Air
4. Made Of Money
5. Hold On To Love
6. Strange Place
7. One Direction
8. Only A Heartbeat
9. The Promise
10. A Place In My Heart
11. Man And Woman
12. Purity
13. All The Love (B-side)
14. Dirty Town (B-Side)
15. Hold On To Love (Acoustic) (B-Side)

14 responses to T’Pau / The Virgin Anthology price-drop

1. Simon Long says:

That’s more reasonable!

2. AnthonyC says:

Can’t wait for this!

It’s a shame everything is already on CD, assuming the demos are from the Story Behind The Tracks release.

So, I’m only looking forward to The Promise remaster – such an awesome album!!

:-)

3. Rob Iles says:

I REALLY want this, as I love the Bridge of Spies release ……..

When the BOS was pre release etc, I thought, that’s a little steep considering I already had the album …… So I waited, then 1 month later SDE reported it was reduced to £14.99
    At that price, I was all over this like a tramp on spilt chips!

I will wait a tad longer before pre-ordering to see if it goes sub £30

4. gwynogue says:

I’m very happy about the price drop, but I must admit I’m still hoping it will drop down more. It still seems a bit expensive, but with 2 whole months to go anything could happen. Ordering now so I don’t miss out like I did with “B-o-S”!

Many thanks for this price update, Paul! I wouldn’t have known otherwise. I have it on my Amazon watch/wish list but I don’t have time to price-check it everyday, especially as I have a long list and I’d have to trawl through every damn item. EBay can send me an alert everytime an item I’m watching (or even just looked at) drops in price, I wish Amazon could do the same.

5. CJ says:

I’m looking forward to this set, but I have to admit that I’m becoming rather cheap. I think it’s not so much because I don’t think the content is worth it, but because my wallet is exhausted after so many major releases last year, and I can only afford so much. I do hope the price comes down a bit more, but I don’t want to wait too long on this one for fear that it will be in and out of print as quickly as Bridge of Spies was (which I only managed to catch by luck on the secondary market, since I waited too long).

6. Neil says:

They could have easily ditched that first CD as there has been at least half a dozen single collections of theirs released over the years. I’m not paying more than £20 for this and i will try to pick one up in the amazon marketplace the same as i did with Bridge Of Spies which i was lucky to get for £13 before it went out of print.

7. saar freedman says:

Personally I think it’s a great set. and BTW there are quite a few tracks here that have never been released on CD before like the two “bridge of spies” versions from the single that was vinyl only and sorely missed on tge previous set, “all the love” which was the 7″ and cassette single only release same goes for the whenever you need me remixes which if memory serves were done by PWL probably the record company wanted T’pau to pull a bananarama with some stock ‘Aitken Waterman magic dust.. and not to mention the Canadian mixes of the rage tracks.

so this is well worth the price

and let’s face it. pretty soon most deluxe editions will be digital only. so if that’s what it takes to keep the CD alive when the choice is a price that would make the release worth the cost of release or a much cheaper no hassle digital bundle I just go with Paying this more than fair price for a deluxe package.

cover Is horrid. I do agree.

8. Pete in Australia says:

Hi All, i ordered from Ustore – Virgin website, where it was 40pounds, so was bit surprised Amazon had it priced a bit higher. Their terms state money charged prior to dispatch or as dispatched, but nope funds taken now, which i have queired, but no-one as yet got back to me.

9. Neil says:

The signed versions are back on Ustore though i noticed instead of The first 100 pre-orders will be signed it’s changed to 200 now.

10. angus haggis mcdonald says:

it looks like all 6 b-sides are here . i have not got any of the singles so i don’t have b-sides.
    the price will have to be australian $20 or less.

11. Neil says:

With the price being £39.99 on HMV now this must be a set price and i can’t see it dropping before the release date so i won’t be buying at that price. It really irks me that a few years back i bought a Simply Red compilation than contained 4 CD’s and it only cost me £10 and that was new. Music is getting way too expensive lately and it seems bands or record labels feel now they can charge any silly price they want.

12. John says:

22.95 Euro on cdon.com at the minute! Bargain.

13. Xav says:

On of the Whenever You Need Me mixes is from vinyl source, as stated in the booklet.

And why the Soul Destruction mixes (7” +12” remixes) which have additional production & remix by Phil Harding & Ian Curnow, are not credited as such, since all other remixers are credited in the booklet ?

• Neil says:

The Soul Destruction (Heavy Bliss Mix) was remixed by The Beloved which is not stated in the book although you just need to listen it to it and you know it’s on their remixes straight away. I finally received my copy after waiting over 3 weeks from cdon and opening it i have found scratches on two of the discs totally gutted.