Vangelis / Blade Runner SACD

bladerunner_sacd

If you were frustrated when US label Audio Fidelity only put out their recent issue of the sublime Vangelis Blade Runner soundtrack on red vinyl, then so, it seems, were many.

So, good old ‘public demand’ has persuaded the audiophile specialists to do the decent thing and release it on hybrid SACD, in addition to the vinyl offering. Now those without a turntable can enjoy Kevin Gray’s new remaster. Being a hybrid, it plays on all SACD and normal CD players. As usual with these releases, this will be limited and numbered, so be quick.

6 responses to Vangelis / Blade Runner SACD

1. baward says:

More easily ‘postable’ then the vinyl, so I am sorely tempted…

2. Tom says:

I’ll definitely get this. I still wish a complete Blade Runner soundtrack will be released one day. I know there was the 3-disc special a few years back, but from my understanding, it wasn’t complete.

3. nick says:

But the red vinyl is sooo much better looking than this

4. Bren says:

Is the mastering on the vinyl and therefore this markedly different and/or improved over the 1994 CD?

• Steven Roberts says:

This is being marketed on the basis of its audiophile quality mastering (and higher resolution) so one would certainly *expect* that it’s an improvement.

5. North says:

One can never have enough variations of this achingly beautiful and timeless music. Thank you Vangelis… but how about sharing more of your work from this film’s score with us?

I’d be more than happy to buy official studio released music over the numerous bootlegs available, any day.