Classic Album Sundays, those celebrators of the vinyl record listening experience, have teamed up with ZTT Records and will produce an audiophile vinyl box set of the Art of Noise‘s 1984 album Who’s Afraid Of The Art Of Noise.
Like last year’s Frankie Goes To Hollywood‘s Inside The Pleasuredome extravaganza the box set is being offering via PledgeMusic. The proposed box (it is not guaranteed to happen unless they reach the 100% pledge target) will contain the following:
- • A 2LP 45RPM pressing of the album remastered by Darrel Shienman of Gearbox
- • A 12-inch re-issue of the Art Of Noise EP, Into Battle, repressed on audiophile quality vinyl.
- • Extended 12-inch sleeve notes presented as a book, detailing the history of the band and the album. The sleevenotes will be written by band member Paul Morley and Classic Album Sundays founder Colleen ‘Cosmo’ Murphy. The booklet will also include archive photos of the band and potentially some new and unseen photos.
- • High-end audiophile slipmat with Art Of Noise imagery.
- • Contemporary 12-inch remixes of ‘Moments Of Love’ and ‘Beatbox’.
- • 12-inch screen print created by The Flood Gallery featuring artwork inspired by The Art Of Noise.
This box will cost £75 including postage and packing. Fans can also ‘pledge’ on just the double vinyl and sleeve notes for a price tag of £33.50.
In the usual PledgeMusic fashion other items are available such as white label test pressings signed by Trevor Horn and as with the Frankie box there will be a playback event to launch the album featuring a full playback of the album and a Q&A session featuring members of The Art Of Noise.
Advanced warning to those of you overseas that “due to licensing restrictions this campaign is NOT available to Pledgers in the US, Canada or Japan”.
Head over to PledgeMusic now for more information and to pledge for this box set.