The Sugarcubes‘ debut album has just been reissued as a limited edition fluorescent green vinyl.
The Icelandic band had what used to be called an ‘indie hit’ in October 1987 with Birthday (thanks to much attention from the UK press and John Peel) and the album followed in Spring 1988.
One Little Indian released the album in the UK (Björk remains with them to this day) and the label continue their recent spate of coloured vinyl releases. This is an improvement on some of the solo albums that were reissued in March, although like those, this not 180g vinyl but 140g. That’s not really a big issue and our pressing was flat and clean.
The best thing is that the repro on the artwork is excellent. This looks great and very vibrant, with the top-loading green sleeve housing the orange inner-sleeve and the yellowy-green vinyl record. This also comes with a download card for MP3s.
This limited edition pressing of Life’s Too Good is out now.
- • UK Order: Life’s Too Good coloured vinyl
- • USA Order: Life’s Too Good coloured vinyl
- • CANADA Order: Life’s Too Good coloured vinyl
- • GERMANY Pre-order: Life’s Too Good coloured vinyl
- • ITALY Pre-order: Life’s Too Good coloured vinyl