2 Tone 7″ Treasures / seven-inch box

Limited edition 7″ box • Bespoke packaging • Signed by Jerry Dammers

Chrysalis will issue a special 40th anniversary Two Tone Records seven-inch box set in November that features 12 iconic singles released on the label and an art card SIGNED by Jerry Dammers.

2 Tone 7″ Treasures has also been curated by Dammers. It features his favourite singles released on the label between 1979 and 1984 by groups such as The Specials, Madness, and The Beat.

The singles are presented in their original sleeve designs and they come in a special bespoke 1960’s style carry case along with a Two Tone seven-inch slipmat and an art card signed by Jerry Dammers.

2 Tone 7″ Treasures is limited to 2,000 copies. All are hand-signed by Dammers. It released on 15 November 2019.

Various Artists

Two Tone 7" Treasures [VINYL]

Disc 1 – Side A 1. Gangsters
Disc 1 – Side B 1. The Selecter

Disc 2 – Side A 1. The Prince
Disc 2 – Side B 1. Madness

Disc 3 – Side A 1. On My Radio
Disc 3 – Side B1. Too Much Pressure

Disc 4 – Side A 1. A Message to You Rudy (feat Rico)
Disc 4 – Side B 1. Nite Klub (feat Rico)

Disc 5 – Side A 1. The Tears of a Clown
Disc 5 – Side B 1. Ranking Full Stop

Disc 6 – Side A 1. Too Much Too Young (Live) / 2. The Guns Of Navarone (Live)
Disc 6 – Side B 1. Skinhead Symphony (Live) 2

Disc 7 – Side A 1. Three Minute Hero
Disc 7 – Side B 1. James Bond

Disc 8 – Side A 1. Let’s Do Rock Steady
Disc 8 – Side B 1. Ruder Than You

Disc 9 – Side A 1. Stereotype
Disc 9 – Side B 1. International Jet Set

Disc 10 – Side A 1. Sea Cruise
Disc 10 – Side B 1. Carolina

Disc 11 – Side A 1. Ghost Town / 2. Why? (Edit)
Disc 11 – Side B 1. Friday Night, Saturday Morning

Disc 12 – Side A 1. Nelson Mandela
Disc 12 – Side B 1. Break Down The Door

20 responses to 2 Tone 7″ Treasures / seven-inch box

1. Jonathan says:

Its 75.83 on the Juno Records web store.
    Worth every cent
    And it ships double boxed.
    Mint item in the mail guaranteed.
    I recieved mine today and I’m in the furthest parts of the woods in Asia.

2. RikTheHib says:

Meh, 50 quid for the records and 50 quid for the autograph. Not bad.

3. Mike Chua says:

LOL. Over 100 pounds for 12 7’ers? Even with his signature I won’t.

4. John garner says:

Too dear. Slades new 7″ box set x 10 singles is only £50, well done Slade

5. Matt A says:

Good spot by Simon – Why? was indeed on the B side of Ghost Town not the A side.

I posted yesterday but not sure why my posts aren’t getting displayed!

As a 2 Tone completist, I’ll buy this. I think it’s pricey but probably just about reasonable – 12 x 7″ so about £8/£9 each. All seemingly rarer paper labels where the (still pretty limited) value in the 2 Tone catalogue lies. Wonder if they will be original reprints or new catalogue numbers, or both.

Think they could have been a bit more creative with the sleeves, e.g. use some of the international picture sleeves such as Stereotype.

Always good to see Rico represented.

Not massively keen on the box (booklet?) sleeve design but largely faithful to the slightly off-kilter art direction.

• Tom says:

Re: Sleeve. From memory I don’t think Jerry had any involvement with the international sleeves, where he oversaw all the UK ones?

It seems he’s overseen this by the blurb I’ve read. I like the front image, in fact I’ve ordered the tshirt from the official store and the box set from Rough Trade.

6. Simon says:

Interesting to see the slight change to the layout of the Ghost Town single, the only one of the 12 I already have. Ghost Town was the sole track on its side, I’m pretty sure, and the other two tracks were together on the other side.

7. Taylor says:

Yeah its a nice box set. But no doubt the same 7″ singles can be bought separately for a lot less than a oner.
    Nevertheless, I’ll probably still buy it….!

8. Tom says:

Is it expensive? I feel it’s not too bad when you think an average 7″ single these days is £6.99 (12x = £78), then you have a signed artcard, slip mat and what looks like a sturdy book to hold them in.

btw; I ordered mine from Rough Trade, only £89 there.

9. Michael says:

I have some of these singles used to have more , but I have all these tracks on either albums or cds wouldn’t pay ove £100 for these

10. Frank Sidebottom says:

HOW MUCH ?????

11. John Simmons says:

This sort of thing always gets the wish list ball rolling.

Please can we have a Deluxe Edition of Too Much Pressure by The Selector as well as That Man Is Forward by Rico.

12. Christian says:

So, that’s 11 of the first 15 2Tone singles plus the later gem ‘Nelson Mandela’. Despite the omission of ‘Rat Race’ (hint hint .. the first Specials single not to featute Dammers as a writer or producer), this is a nice ‘classic era’ Greatest Hits compilaton. Could have lived without Jerry’s signature though. And with a slightly better price ;-)

13. The Golden Age Of The Phonograph says:

Two Tone – Too Much(£).

14. Alone With Strangers says:

His wrist must bloody hurt after signing them all.

15. Robert says:

They should have included the Elvis Costello single

16. Mark G says:

Can I buy an emptyish box? I’ve got all the singles already..

17. Mark S says:

This is a strange one for someone like Dammers who always seems to strongly oppose the nostalgia biz.
    This doesn’t offer anything new as far as I can see? Or anything particularly attractive.
    A box of singles. 24 tracks for over £100?

Not really seeing the point here. I love all the tracks but way overpriced.