Bat For Lashes / Lost Girls

Natasha Khan’s Bat For Lashes return in September, with a fifth studio album, Lost Girls via AWAL Recordings.

The album follows 2016’s The Bride and also sees Khan move from Parlophone to ‘label services’ company AWAL Recordings (part of Kobalt).

Lost Girls is a ten-track album described as being “full of romance, an homage to Los Angeles, to being a kid in the 80” and we are promised  “heavy bass lines, synth arpeggios, Iranian pop beats, cascading choruses” and some of Natasha’s “finest songwriting to date”.

You can preview the first single ‘Kids in the Dark’, below.

The record is available on CD, black vinyl and as an indie-only ‘Sunrise Edition’ crystal clear vinyl with splatter effect. A box set edition (exclusive to the Bat For Lashes shop) of the latter adds a seven-inch picture disc with an exclusive track (‘Desert Man Piano/Vocal version’) and well as a cassette, poster, postcards and iron-on patch.

If you’re not bothered about the vinyl box, the limited ‘Sunrise Edition’ coloured vinyl can be pre-ordered via the SDE shop. Rough Trade also have a unique Tie Dye Red / Purple Opaque vinyl edition The album is released on 6 September 2019.

Bat For Lashes

7. So Good
8. Safe Tonight
9. Peach Sky
10. Mountains

13 responses to Bat For Lashes / Lost Girls

1. Renato says:

Well, the single is nice and all, but… is it just me or does it sound like it was written to be a part of any generic American TV show soundtrack? It doesn’t come close to anything on her first two albums, unfortunately.

2. Simon says:

Although it took a little time to grow, I thought The Bride was a really great concept album and even better played on vinyl for a great listening experience. Just my humble opinion!

3. Dan says:

Two Suns is a great album, I’m a proud owner of the vinyl. However, the Haunted Man and the Bride didn’t really do it for me, bar a song or two. I’ll give this album a stream when released and make my decision then.

4. Paul Nesmith says:

‘Was there an album that had ex-Japan members playing with her on one or two tracks?’

Who are you referring to?

5. Mike Melody says:

I ordered from Rough Trade. Dunno what’s on it but they have a bonus CD.

6. Rob says:

I’m very disappointed thgat the new album boxset doesn’t include the cd, but I can’t wait for the new music

7. Mark says:

8. Gunther S. says:

Dear Paul,

Do you know if The Haunted Man will be re-pressed on vinyl?
    I was too late to acquire a copy.

regards,
    Gunther

9. Joe says:

There are signed copies of the splatter vinyl currently available from her website:

10. Francois says:

I loved “Two Suns” and “The haunted man”, but never got into “The Bride”. I think it lacks the magic of the two previous album. She was trying too hard to get her concept album working in my humble opinion.
    This sounds like “typical/classical” BFL. It is good, but I hope the album takes this to a new level, otherwise she risks getting redundant.

I agree about The Bride… Two Suns is still my favourite. Lucky enough to own a vinyl copy, although the CD+DVD is the best actual version for content.

11. David Carter says:

Thanks I am loving the new single Kids In The Dark so have pre ordered the Splatter Vinyl