Christine & the Queens / La Vita Nuova

Six-track EP coming to vinyl and CD in April

Christine and the Queens will release a new EP, La Vita Nuova, next month.

Coincidentally having the same name as the new Maria McKee albumLa Vita Nuova is a six-track release and runs for about 22 minutes.

There is a 14 minute film to accompany this release, which you can watch above. The EP has been available on streaming platforms for a while, but will be issued on CD and ‘crystal clear’ pink vinyl on 29 May 2020 (was 10 April).

Christine and the Queens

La Vita Nuova - crystal clear pink vinyl

Christine and the Queens

La Vita Nuova - CD edition

1. People, I’ve Been Sad
2. Je Disparais Dans Tes Bras
3. Mountains (We Met)
4. Nada
5. La Vita Nuova (Feat. Caroline Polachek)
6. I Disappear in Your Arms

14 responses to Christine & the Queens / La Vita Nuova

1. Mark Swift says:

Just had email from Amazon telling me it’s delayed. Damn!!

2. Jon says:

Hello Paul
    This is the 3rd time one of my comments has not been posted/accepted, i’ve never said anything nasty in any of them, only my opinion. My latest yesterday was not posted, in reply to SimonP and ericC comments, how can their comments not be censored when i find their comments hurtful ? and i have a right to reply on their comment in a non offence manner.
    I am upset that in this day and age that i can say something thats not attacking, yet they are allowed to say nasty comments like what they have and you find that ok.
    I’m opting out of posting comments on here, i really like your site but please do not become, or think that you are a god by censoring comments that have no nasty content to them.
    Thank you and goodbye.

It’s called ‘nipping it in the bud’ – stopping a tedious argument. “I wasn’t rude”…”Yes, you were… etc”

If the original comment was published then I consider it acceptable. They were criticising an artist, you were criticising them, personally. Crucial difference.

I’m always curious when people consider it ‘censorship’ when I don’t publish certain comments. Like it’s a human right to get anything you might want to say published on the comments section of SDE.
      Was it ‘censorship’ when you or I sent in a letter to the NME and they didn’t publish it?

• SimonP says:

I’m curious whether Jon writes to magazines when they don’t publish glowing reviews of his favourite artists to tell them it’s so not fair?

In my own defence, I thought Christine and the Queens were a breath of fresh air when she/they first burst onto the scene, but she/they haven’t added anything substantially new to her/their repertoire (bit of Fronch there) since. Just the same old thing of dancing with a big gang of androgynous people in lycra and hoping whether we’re still wondering if she’s a lesbian or not. I don’t really have any issues with people’s sexuality, but making some sort of (hilarious to her, I’m sure) guessing game out of it is something I’m not really interested in playing…

I loved the first album, and saw her live at Brixton, but I have grown a bit tired of her. Went to a Q&A with Miranda Sawyer in the West End of London a year or so ago and got SO BORED with non-stop talk of ‘gender politics’ etc. They didn’t really talk about the music at all. Her ‘story’ is now so familiar it’s time to move on…

• SimonP says:

That’s exactly it, Paul. It’s an interesting topic to an extent, but only interesting to those who are interested in it and rather tiresome for the other 98% of the population after more than a few minutes. The old LGBT thing seems to have more letters to it added by the hour because people who don’t think they correspond to one of those four feel the need to have their own personal one added on the end. Maybe as a white, heterosexual, atheist man with no disabilities (other than chronic outspokenness) I’m feeling hard done by by not having a minority label I can attach to myself, but I doubt it. :-)

Anyway, better shut up now, we’re supposed to be talking about music. If we can get a hold of any that is!

Of course I have no issue at all with any of that and really admire her, but rather like Paul McCartney saying The Beatles were “a great little band” it just gets dull hearing the same old stuff. To be fair I actually think Héloïse herself wishes people would talk to her about other stuff.

3. Adam says:

At the last gig of her tour in Glasgow she snuck away without even a wave.
    “Oh she left an hour ago.”, said the Security eventually.
    They dragged an iron fence to hide her escape and I said that’s her going.
    No….said the frozen few who stayed.
    The actual show was passable at best but for ALL the bloody press attention….
    She was very underwhelming.

4. eric C says:

i cant stand her, too much attitude , nothing organic.

5. Tyrone says:

Artwork reminds me of Lily Savage – damn

6. Shane says:

Glad for physical releases. Hope it was known at the time so that people wouldnt feel forced to subscribe to streaming.
    Not a fan of this particular artist but good for her fans

7. Johnathan says:

So a physical release of what’s already been on Spotify, et al, for the past few weeks. Happy to see that’s happening.

8. Andy says: