Creedence Clearwater Revival / Cosmo’s Factory half-speed mastered vinyl

50th anniversary • Half-speed mastered • ‘Tip-on’ sleeve packaging

Creedence Clearwater Revival‘s 1970 album Cosmo’s Factory is being reissued as a remastered standalone vinyl pressing in August.

This was the group’s fifth album (in three years) and was originally released on the Fantasy label. It includes the singles ‘Who’ll Stop The Rain,’ ‘Run Though the Jungle,’ ‘Up Around The Bend,’ ‘Looking Out My Back Door’ and their cover of Marvin Gaye‘s ‘I Heard It Through the Grapevine.’

The album was mastered at half-speed at Abbey Road Studios, pressed on 180g vinyl comes housed in a ‘tip-on’ jacket (high quality thick card sleeve with cover art ‘pasted on’) replicating the original pressing packaging.

This is a 50th anniversary edition and is presumably the same as the version in the 2018 Studio Albums Collection box set (they were all half-speed mastered too). In that same year (2018) there was an HMV-exclusive yellow vinyl in the UK and a Target-exclusive blue vinyl in the USA, although these weren’t promoted as half-speed remasters.

This new vinyl edition will be released on 14 August 2020 via Concord Music.

Creedence Clearwater Revival

Side B

1. Up Around the Bend
  2. My Baby Left Me
  3. Who’ll Stop the Rain
  4. I Heard It Through the Grapevine
  5. Long As I Can See the Light

15 responses to Creedence Clearwater Revival / Cosmo’s Factory half-speed mastered vinyl

1. Richard L says:

Re Amazon Italy. Ain’t shipping to UK currently!

2. Stone601 says:

The Studio album collection is now on Amazon Italy at 105,99 € . Great price !!!

3. Mike the Fish says:

I’m interested in this. I like the album, but that asking price is far too high for me. Is this the Miles Showell cut?

4. Normand says:

I already have two copies of this LP, a 1970 original Canadian on Fantasy, housed in a ‘tip-on’ jacket of course, and another one courtesy Newbury Comics, USA, a 2015 limited edition of 1000 copies on 180 gram translucent red vinyl. My old copy still sounds great but the color one is mastered by Kevin Gray and Steve Hoffman: great sound, dead quiet! This is my number one LP of summer 1970 that helped me get through the separation of the Beatles, nothing less ;-)

5. Jarmo Keranen says:

Original was released 50 years ago on July 1970. Why they release this version on August? This is my favorite CCR album. I could listen Ramble Tamble all day long. Especially the long instrumental break. It’s totally from the different world. For some reason i don’t know why but the version of I Heard It Through The Grapevine is boring to my ears. I made my own cd of this and leave it out of it. Almost all the CCR albums are half a hour long and when you leave Grapevine out of this, the total time is almost exactly same. I bought this first time in 1973. It was used vinyl in terrible condition. I still have it!

6. Julio says:

Just about my favorite CCR album, close with Bayou Country. The blue version I have from 2017 was a Best Buy exclusive. There was also a red version in 2015 from Newbury Comics.

7. Nico says:

For me Cosmo is their best LP – not a dud track to be found.
    Now if we could get their live albums sorted, Woodstock was a step in the right direction.
    The others I have Live In Europe (especially) and Royal Albert Hall/ The Concert are pretty dire.
    Is their a particular pressing to seek out?
    Keep on chooglin’

• bruce kelso says:

hi nico,yep those live lps should be a deluxe edition=cd/ lp/dvd, that way all ground is covered .

8. Steven Roberts says:

I know times may to tough at the moment, but anybody interested in this should seriously consider springing for the boxed-set from Germany – at that price (£113) it’s like getting two albums for free!

9. Harcourt Fenton Mudd says:

The back-to-black 180g vinyl edition of this album is still available at amazon.co.uk for £13.79 at the moment….. it does not appear to have the “fancy” tip-on cover, but is available NOW and is £12 cheaper than this “yet -to-be-released” version.

10. Pieter van der Velde Wzn says:

This is my all-time number 1 album. I’ve got 7 different ones on LP and 4 CD verslons. Still…I will probably fall for this one too.

11. Wayne Olsen says: