Creedence Clearwater Revival / Live at Woodstock on vinyl and CD

CCR’s entire Woodstock performance set to be released next month.

Creedence Clearwater Revival’s entire performance from Woodstock is being issued on CD and vinyl next month.

Coming almost 50 years to the day the band performed at the legendary festival, the hour long set features all the band’s big numbers such as ‘Bad Moon Rising’, ‘Green River’ and ‘Proud Mary’ alongside a couple of covers such as Wilson Pickett’s ‘Ninety-Nine and a Half (Won’t Do)’ and Screamin’ Jay Hawkins’ ‘I Put a Spell on You’.

The show was beset with issues, with the band originally scheduled to appear on the Saturday evening, but didn’t get to perform until after midnight due to the previous turn Grateful Dead going on a bit.

Shall we enjoy a bit of ‘Born On The Bayou’ as a taster? Why not:

This is the first time the band’s whole performance has been available on its own, as they refused to let any of their songs appear in the Woodstock movie and only three numbers made it onto the Woodstock 40 Years On: Back to Yasgur’s Farm anniversary box from 2009.

Creedence Clearwater Revival Live at Woodstock is released 2 August 2019.

Creedence Clearwater Revival

Live at Woodstock - 2LP vinyl

Creedence Clearwater Revival

Live at Woodstock - CD

1. Born on the Bayou
    2. Green River
    3. Ninety-Nine and a Half (Won’t Do)
    4. Bootleg
    5. Commotion
    6. Bad Moon Rising
    7. Proud Mary
    8. I Put a Spell on You
    9. The Night Time is the Right Time
    10. Keep on Chooglin’
    11. Suzie Q

12 responses to Creedence Clearwater Revival / Live at Woodstock on vinyl and CD

1. Pieter van der Velde wzn says:

I already own bootleg versions of the CCR performance on CD & LP for several years but I’m looking forward to the official releases of their show. I can secure everyone who has doubts that you won’t be dissapointed if you buy this set. I would also like to hear the complete Who set.

2. Mark says:

This is being released by Craft Recordings. Does the vinyl come with digital download from Craft Recordings?

3. stevieB says:

The Grateful Dead went on a bit. Oh, I can’t believe that would’ve ever happened!!!!

4. Jarmo Keranen says:

Woodstock Ultimate Collector’s Edition Blu-ray from 2009 contains three CCR performances. They are Born On The Bayou, I Put A Spell On You and Keep On Chooglin’.

5. paul wren says:

An essential recording – buy it!

6. Thomas Richter says:

Hope that The Who’s show will also see legal daylight !

• Jorje Chica says:

You read my mind! The fact that The Who’s Woodstock headline set has never been officially released in its entirety and as a stand alone release is mind boggling.

7. Steven Cleere says:

Just listened to the ’40th’ discs yesterday and, while hearing the 3 previously released, wondered why they hadn’t agreed to the set –they sounded great!! And this is when the owned the charts in the U.S. !!

8. Daniel Kiss says:

Some other Woodstock performances have recently turned up on the internet, like Blood, sweat and tears, Melanie and Mountain, they sound superb, I do not know whether they are going to be released on vinyl or not…I would welcome tthem:-)) already preordered this CCR show on vinyl

9. richard says:

Paul i know it’s early, but any Limited Editions Color Vinyl coming up ….

i love CCR

Richard den Besten

10. Marco says:

Hi Paul, are there any others “spinoffs” from the new big Woodstock box set expected in the coming months?

• Rob says:

I noticed on Amazon France that Jefferson Airplane’s Woodstock set is also out on triple cloured vinyl on the 9th of August.