Fine Young Cannibals / 2CD deluxe sets

Expanded 2CD reissues and coloured vinyl • SDE-exclusive bonus CD single

London Records will issue brand new two-CD deluxe editions of the Fine Young Cannibals two studio albums in December.

The band’s debut single ‘Johnny Come Home’ was a top ten hit in 1985 and the self-titled debut album reached number 11 in the UK charts the same year after further singles were issued, including a cover of Elvis Presley’s ‘Suspicious Minds’.

In 1989, Fine Young Cannibals hit the commercial stratosphere, particularly in America, with The Raw & The Cooked. The first two singles ‘She Drives Me Crazy’ and ‘Good Thing’ both were number one singles in the USA and were top ten hits in Britain (and around the world). The band split in 1992 although they did record a new single, ‘The Flame’, for a 1996 best of.

The new London Records 2CD expanded editions go well beyond Edsel’s now out-of-print deluxe editions from 2013, with 29 bonus tracks for the first album (including B-sides, remixes, BBC sessions and more) and 22 extra tracks for The Raw & The Cooked.

The albums have been remastered from original analogue master tapes by Phil Kinrade at Alchemy and as well as the 2CD expanded editions, both will be reissued on coloured vinyl with the debut on red and The Raw & The Cooked on white vinyl.

Orders with the SDE shop come with a FREE Johnny Come Home CD single!

SDE is delighted to offer these reissues for sale on the SDE shop with each CD or vinyl order shipping with a FREE and exclusive limited CD single of ‘Johnny Come Home’. This represents the first time the original 1985 single has been issued on this format and the four-track CD (original artwork on a card sleeve) will offer the single mix, the original extended mix, the second 1985 12-inch remix (later known as ‘That Other Mix’) and a live version. Note that the remix 12-inch isn’t on the expanded two-CD set.

The official Fine Young Cannibals store does not have this limited bonus CD, but does offer each product with a Roland Gift signed print.

The Fine Young Cannibals reissues are released on 18 December 2020 (was 11 December). Order from the SDE shop using this link or the buttons below.

Fine Young Cannibals

05 Suspicious Minds
06 Blue
07 Move To Work
08 On A Promise
09 Time Isn’t Kind
10 Like A Stranger
11 Johnny Come Home (Extended Mix)
12 Suspicious Minds (Extended Mix)
13 Blue (Dance Version)
14 Wade In The Water (“Blue” B-Side)
15 Love For Sale (“Johnny Come Home” B-Side)
16 Motherless Child (“Funny How Love Is” B-Side)
17 Prick Up Your Ears
18 Couldn’t Care More (Annes Mix)
19 Blue (Slow Version)
20 Suspicious Minds (Caught In A Dub)
21 Johnny Come Home (Mousse T Cocktail Mix)

CD2

01 Johnny Come Home (Derrick Carter Remix)
02 Suspicious Minds (US Remix)
03 Funny How Love Is (Radio Mix)
04 Johnny Come Home (Mark Moore 12″ Remix)
05 Blue (Live at Town & Country Club BBC Session)
06 Johnny Come Home (Live)
07 Suspicious Minds (Suspicious Mix)
08 Johnny Come Home (John Peel BBC Session)
09 Blue (John Peel BBC Session)
10 Time Isn’t Kind (John Peel BBC Session)
11 Good Times And Bad (Extended Mix)
12 Suspicious Minds (Shakedown Mix)
13 Couldn’t Care More (Janice Long BBC Session)
14 Move To Work (Janice Long BBC Session)
15 Don´t Ask Me To Choose (Janice Long BBC Session)
16 Funny How Love (Janice Long BBC Session)
17 Blue (Demo Long Version)
18 Johnny Come Home Mousse T (Extended Mix)

The Raw & The Cooked 2CD deluxe

CD1

01 She Drives Me Crazy
02 Good Thing
03 I’m Not The Man I Used To Be
04 I’m Not Satisfied
05 Tell Me What
06 Don’t Look Back
07 It’s OK (It’s Alright)
08 Don’t Let It Get You Down
09 As Hard As It Is
10 Ever Fallen In Love?
11 You Never Know (“Don’t Look Back” B-Side)
12 Social Security (“Good Thing” B-Side)
13 She Me Crazy (David Z 12″ Remix)
14 Good Thing (Nothing Like The Single Mix)
15 Ever Fallen In Love (Extended Version)
16 I’m Not The Man I Used To Be (12” Version)
17 Don’t Look Back (12″ Version)
18 It’s Ok (It’s Alright) (Ploeg Club Mix)

CD2

01 She Drives Me Crazy (Dimitri From Paris Remix)
02 I’m Not Satisfied (New York Singing Mix II)
03 She Drives Me Crazy (Seth Troxler ‘Out Of Time’ Remix)
04 Ever Fallen In Love? (The Rare Groove Bootleg)
05 Good Thing (Prince Paul Vocal Percussapella)
06 She Drives Me Crazy (Percusapella)
07 I’m Not The Man I Used To Be (Demo Version)
08 Don’t Look Back (Youth Remix)
09 As Hard As It Is (Demo Version)
10 Tell Me What (Demo Version)
11 Hold Me (Demo)
12 I’m Not Satisfied (Demo Version)
13 Ever Fallen In Love? (Club Senseless Arthur Baker Remix)
14 Race Track Instrumental

SDE-exclusive Johnny Come Home CD single

01 Johnny Come Home 3.30
02 Johnny Come Home (Extended Mix) 5.40
03 Johnny Come Home (That Other Mix) 5.08*
04 Johnny Come Home (Live)

Fine Young Cannibals red vinyl LP

01 She Drives Me Crazy
02 Good Thing
03 I’m Not The Man I Used To Be
04 I’m Not Satisfied
05 Tell Me What
06 Don’t Look Back
07 It’s OK (It’s Alright)
08 Don’t Let It Get You Down
09 As Hard As It Is
10 Ever Fallen In Love?

126 responses to Fine Young Cannibals / 2CD deluxe sets

1. Col. says:

Release date for The Raw & The Cooked 2CD Expanded Edition AND Fine Young Cannibals 2CD Expanded Edition has been changed to 19th December 2020. Not had any messages about the vinyl re-issues. Have you had any update on release date for the vinyls Paul/SDE or are they unchanged? Cheers.

I have just heard the same. So the SDE release date goes back to 18th Dec just like every other retailer. I’ll inform everyone who pre-ordered

• Col. says:

Sorry it appears I have a typo – Should read 18th December 2020. Vinyls also now confirmed new release date is 18/12/20

2. Neil Kelly says:

Ordered. Would’ve liked signed but prefer the CD single!

What i don’t understand is this… If the 4CD’s are newly mastered were the CD single tracks newly mastered together along with all the other tracks too and then deliberately that mix not included to give you the exclusive? I find it all a bit weird without more information. Why couldn’t they just include that mix with the album? No room? To create an exclusive for you? Or another reason altogether? Would’ve been better to give you another kind of exclusive instead i mean how many times are we going to insert a very rare CD to play that one mix especially in a car CD player which is the only way i currently play CD’s. I won’t be risking scratching the CD single…

Thanks for the order. Neil, you are making it sound very complicated. They didn’t ‘give’ me anything. They showed me what the reissues were going to be and were interested in discussing an SDE exclusive. I looked at their offering and came up with the proposition of the SDE Johnny Come Home CD single. They liked the idea, so that’s what we are doing.

• MCK says:

Buy a player for your home, you will be happy with it.

• T Ford says:

Who plays original CD’s in cars? Rip all the tracks on to a CD-r.

On the other hand, car manufacturers are doing away with CD players and either have a line-in socket or bluetooth connection to connect your mobile or media player to listen to your music.

3. Jason says:

So it seems there are a few exclusives, a lot of remixes missing from the previous, and still other mixes that aren’t included. Very odd.

Personally, I’m gutted the ‘Mousse T Musica Dub’ of Johnny Come Home isn’t included. I really love that mix, and it’s never been issued on CD :-(

4. Neil says:

I’m torn between this 5CD set and getting the signed print from Townsend. Am I right in thinking the CD single only has one mix that isn’t on the debut 2 CD set?

5. NabobOfDub says:

You can never have too many versions of ‘Blue’ but five in addition to the original is a joy to behold…..

6. Juan carlos Puertollano says:

Maybe someone asked before, but is there any chance of getting the audio from Live at Paramount in a future reissue. My VHS tape won’t last lnng and it is about to retire.

7. Keith Brittain says:

I have the 2013 “Raw and the Cooked” 2 disc set, and I was very excited when I saw this release on SDE. But why, oh why, does it not have the 7:27 remix of “She Drives Me Crazy” – this was the A side of the US 12 inch, and is the best version (IMHO). This is a no brainer to include. Not going to buy.

• CakeSaint says:

Keith — check Justin Strauss’ SoundCloud page for a high-quality download of the original US 12″ A-side — it was his mix. He also has the Dub he made for the song there.

• Matteo Barbieri says:

Can you giude me in Discogs to which exact version you are referring to?
      Thanks
      Matteo

8. Glenn says:

Excited to see these coming out. Enjoyed the Edsel reissues but great to have remastered versions with additional unreleased tracks.

I had wondered why a major label reissue hadn’t happened for The Raw and the Cooked. Could have been a multi-disc set with all the mixes/b-sides along with the Live at the Paramount and videos compilation DVD content. Hopefully that will still happen someday.

9. Spiral Scar says:

Hello, Paul and everyone at SDE.
    You’ve got me again! Happily ordered the CD bundle. Thanks for the exclusive. I’m a little disappointed that I don’t see “Pull the Sucker Off” or “I’m Tired of Getting Pushed Around” on either of these sets. Though they seem cut from the same cloth, they are credited to different incarnations of the band. They may be somewhat slight, but somehow they got under my skin. Luckily, I still have my cd-singles and the cd of NOW 11. I have had no luck obtaining the older deluxe editions, so I’m grateful to mop up some rarities with these. And I’ve been frustrated to not find that alternate version of “Blue”, with the trumpet, on any cd until now. That was the version I heard all the time on college radio. I was really surprised that it wasn’t a top 40 hit in the UK. I’m hoping that version is one of the ones featured here.
    Perusing SDE on a day off from work, and feeling slightly uneasy because I’m adding more titles to an ever-growing list of things to buy. I really should be putting in some overtime to fund my passion. It didn’t initially appear that 2020 was going to be such a hot year for reissues and deluxe editions, but happily, that turned out differently.
    Be well everyone.

10. BillyD says:

Many of the ‘missing’ remixes are missing for a reason. They aren’t that good or necessary.
    Or didn’t you learn your lesson from the Dead Or Alive box?

11. Sharon says:

Unfortunately for us Yanks it looks as if these are UK/Europe only at the moment, and I can get a sealed, deadstock LP for about half what the reissue LP would cost with shipping.

12. Paul MacDonald says:

US Promo-Only Louil Silas Jr. mixes of She Drives Me Crazy still out there. Someone should do a bonus disc of these and the Justin Strauss mixes!! https://www.discogs.com/Fine-Young-Cannibals-She-Drives-Me-Crazy/release/664553

13. chazfromtoronto says:

Regarding ‘Johnny Come Home’: can anyone tell me if would this be the first SDE release of a CD single ? also, does it state ‘SDE’ anywhere on this single?

Paul’s notes claim the albums have been remastered – have the remixes also been remastered? because i would love to get a remastered version of david z’s 12″ remix of she drives me crazy.

decisions decisions…should i get the SDE package with the exclusive cd single or should i get the one with the roland gift signed print?

The SDE logo will be on the CD single

• Seikotsi says:

I’m not interested in this box set but I am always interested in the cd single. Any chance of a sde box of all exclusive Cd singles? Or can I get the cd single if I buy another unrelated CD or box set? (Sorry to be difficult. In this case I really like Johnny come home but not FYC other output. Same with Mansun).

• Quante says:

Bronski Beat’s Smalltown Boy was the first SDE cd single.

14. thomas doherty says:

Are these going to be released in the States as well or U.K. only?

15. Michael59 says:

Comparing the tracklisting with the Rhino 2CD sets from 2013 it seems a lot of remixes are missing, aren’t they? I am not a big FYC expert, so maybe just the mix names differ but I think the following remixes are not on the new sets:

Fine Young Cannibals:
    – Johnny Come Home (That Other Mix)
    – Johnny Comes Home (Johnny Takes A Trip)

The Raw & The Cooked :
    -I’m Not The Man I Used To Be (Jazzie B and Nellee Hooper Remix)
    -I’m Not The Man I Used To Be (Jazzie B and Norman Cook Remix)
    -I’m Not The Man I Used To Be (Monster Mix)
    -I’m Not The Man I Used To Be (12“ Mellow Mix)
    -She Drives Me Crazy (The Monie Love Mix)
    -Ever Fallen In Live (John Potoker Extended Mix)
    -Good Thing (Prince Paul Remix)
    -I’m Not Satisfied (Matt Dike 12“ Remix)

Could somebody with more FYC knowledge confirm this?

And are the following remixes new remixes (in the meaning of not being era remixes)?

-She Drives Me Crazy (Dimitri From Paris Remix)
    -I’m Not Satisfied (New York Singing Mix II)
    -She Drives Me Crazy (Seth Troxler ‘Out Of Time’ Remix)
    -Ever Fallen In Love? (The Rare Groove Bootleg)

• Paul says:

There are a LOT of mixes missing. I wouldn’t consider this definitive. I would love to see a boxed set of the complete works.

Ever Fallen In Love? (The Rare Groove Bootleg) is not a new mix. It’s from this:

I’m Not Satisfied (New York Singing Mix II) – I think this is a new mix. There is a NY Singing Mix of this song, but I’m not familiar with II. Maybe this is a vintage unreleased mix, or a newer remix.

• Michael59 says:

i would love to see a complete remix release by FYC one day – SDMC alone has so many mixes that are only on vinyl so far…

• Dominic L. says:

This two are era remixes:
      -I’m Not Satisfied (New York Singing Mix II)
      On IRS US 12″ the “Nicole version”
      -Ever Fallen In Love? (The Rare Groove Bootleg)
      On the UK 12″ LONXR 121 remix by Arthur Baker
      If somebody needs more info on FYC discography I have around 200 different pressing vinyl and cds, I started my collection in the 80’…

16. Jonathan Riley says:

If only they would have made these 3 disc editions with everything from the other 2 disc editions included on the 3rd disc, that would have solved everything or most everything
    Still am happy that this is coming out and preordered the bundle on the SDE site

17. Tom m hans says:

I finally understand now that Justin Strauss is not Ulrich Schnauss ftom the Depeche Mode Little 15 Remix. Everyday I learn something new. Thank you SDE peers.

18. hoodjam says:

Raw and the Cooked is a classic – my favorite album from 1989 and has gotten a spin several times per year since then. I picked up the self titled CD a few years later strictly out of curiosity as it didn’t hit here in the US and I’d not heard any of the singles that were hits elsewhere. It’s not bad but I didn’t go back to it after a few listens. I picked up Edsels Raw and Cooked back when it was released, and was waiting and waiting for a vinyl reissue, hopefully colored vinyl, but didn’t think it would happen and bit the bullet only two weeks ago and picked up the 1989 vinyl at Reckless Records in Chicago for $10. Nonetheless my collector instincts are screaming buy all of these but shipping from the SDE site and The FYC Store to US is prohibitive, so I’ll keep checking Amazon US and Ebay. But thanks Paul, without your site I wouldn’t have heard about this!

19. Branny says:

Phew! Right place at the right time for once. I was browsing my phone on my lunch when this appeared and duly ordered the 5 cd bundle. I had the vinyl version of Raw and the cooked in the ltd edition tin. I lent it to a friend who fell on hard times and very kindly sold it so made do with my Raw and the remix cd until now. Can’t wait to hear the first album.

With the Seeds of love box set, the Talking Heads coloured vinyls and now this, you’re making a dent in my retirement fund Paul. Long may it continue.

20. MüllerMüller says:

Have ordered – thank you Paul – SDE my favorite side!!
    To the FYC – like other people say, i miss a lot of US mixes – hope for the 2027 edition…..

21. Walter says:

This is great news. I was looking to buy both when they first came out but never did. Now, I will be getting more “stuff” the second time around. (I did place an order for the two releases plus the cd single from the SDE site.)

Any chance of “The Raw and Remixed” being re-released? I was unaware of “The Finest” and any additional tracks after Raw and Cooked. FYC basically dropped off the radar here in the states after Raw and Cooked ran its course. So I, like a lot of people, only are aware of the two studio albums. Would like to hear of other “newer” tracks on other future releases from FYC. (if there is more..)

22. Col. says:

One of a few Eighties bands that should have gone on for longer. Top quality song writing even on album tracks (As Hard As It Is), superb covers (Suspicious Minds, Ever Fallen In Love), brilliant ‘Live’ (sadly Time Isn’t Kind Live version from Suspicious Minds 12″ Single not included – HOW BOUT PLAYING TIME ISN’T KIND asked Roland). Just brill singles Good Thing, She Drives Me Crazy, I’m Not the Man I Used To Be) and the remixes (Raw And The Remixed) gave the tunes another dynamic.

Absolute no brainer for me, ordered the 2 coloured vinyls from SDE shop with a CD Single with each one! Shame it’s not one from each album, but i’ll take the 2 CD Singles gladly.

Nice one Paul / SDE, Cheers. Released on same day as MACCA 3 which is 2 days after my 50th Birthday. Happy Day it will indeed be this year, 2020 can do one, but it will end on a high!

23. Steve says:

A bit disappointed about:
    – 2 new songs from The Finest are missing (“The flame”, and “Tell me what”, which are great songs)
    – remixes from Edsel editions are missing too
    Ok, there are more trackcs on the new edition, but I think it’s a pity that if you want eveything, you have to keep the Edsel edition and get the new ones.
    Why not a complete edition of theses great albums? (3cd editions of both?)

24. Tom Richardson says:

Superb and very underrated band! I think a reunion one day would reap great rewards. As much as these are the best versions of the two albums to date, I agree that a complete works box set would be much more appreciated! It’s quite annoying that to have both Roland’s autograph and the exclusive single one would have to buy two lots of products from different sources, and as stated by several others – there are a lot of commissions due to the restrictions of two disc editions too. That still doesn’t detract from this being a great reissue campaign from a brilliant band. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention Paul.

25. Graeme ewan says:

Not a superfan myself but I do enjoy these albums. I love the clear anoraknish, no offence, more. Its bloody brilliant that folk know which remix etc isn’t or is on via their own different historic trawls through the music. Great work to all concerned.

26. BenG says:

Thanks @AudioDile!
    I did not know of the Justin Strauss Mix and the Louis Silas Jr Extended Version (with Monie Love) just found them on youtube –> NICE!

It’s also a pity Roger Sanchez’s club-oriented Time and Space mix is not included (full length mix would have been a first on CD)

27. Chris S says:

Hit “Add to Cart” in record time!

28. Jan V. says:

Thank you Paul for organising this (again). Ordered!

29. Simon C says:

In less I have missed it there is 3 major omissions. The 3 new tracks that are on the Finest compilation. Now I appreciate that they don’t belong to either of the 2 albums eras, but unless there is a Raw and the Remix reissue coming then they have being left out.

30. Paul says:

ugh – I spent some of my quarantining digitzing my FYC vinyl so I wish I had known about this sooner! To my knowledge, here is what is appearing on CD for the first time here:

Blue (Dance Version)
    Johnny Come Home (Live)
    Good Times And Bad (Extended Mix)
    Ever Fallen In Love (Extended Version)
    Ever Fallen In Love? (The Rare Groove Bootleg)
    She Drives Me Crazy (Percusapella)

Disappointed the Justin Strauss mixes still don’t get a CD release. The 7″ remix is my favorite version of the track and I’ve been dying to get it on CD for decades. Also that none of the mixes from the IRS8848 promo were included (apart from the percussion mix). The radio edit from that is another favorite mix.

Do we know which extended mix of I’m Not the Man is included here? There are at least three…

Love that demos and BBC sessions are included, but it looks like there’s a number of brand new remixes which I feel are unnecessary.

They really need to put out a complete works boxed set with everything. There is so much that was never released on CD, or are scattered across too many releases to collect everything. I’d gladly pay for that.

(whomever mentioned the Good Thing 10″ with an exclusive mix… Thanks! I somehow missed that when I was filling the gaps in my collection!)

31. Graeme Mason says:

So pleased you have brought these releases to our attention Paul. I missed out on the 2 Cd releases from a while ago and only ever been able to see those in a shabby state on Ebay. Strewth!….some folk’s idea of Near Mint condition is a mystery to me. Duly ordered these issues though and can’t wait for pristine copies to arrive from your shop. Cheers!

32. Luke says:

Glad that I still have my The Raw and the Remix CD from 1990. There’s way too much material on there that isn’t on these 2 CD sets.

• JP says:

Oh that’s right, Raw and the Remix! That has the Johnny Takes a Trip track on it… so now I guess I don’t need to keep the debut Edsel version. Nice.

33. AudioDile says:

While I will be getting TRATC for the new She Drives Me Crazy mixes (Dimitri From Paris should be quite good), it’s a pity that neither the 7:39 Justin Strauss Mix nor the rare promo 8:25 Louis Silas Jr Extended Version is being included. The latter has never seen CD release and the former is only available on the following hard-to-find discs:

The David Z Mix, is available all over the place.

34. Nick says:

Hi Paul, very nice reissue and great SDE exclusive. Does the CD Single have a new remaster of “Johnny Come Home (That Other Mix)”, or is it the one from the 2013 Edsel reissue? Thanks

35. MichaelM says:

2 brilliant albums. It’s just a pity they disappeared as they were one of the only decent acts from the late 80s. I already own The Raw And The Cooked on vinyl but I ordered the 2 records from the FYC website, to get the signed prints.

36. Jabber says:

Ordered the 5-CD bundle. Being CDs rather then a heavy LP/CD box, I can live with the shipping costs to the New World in support of your website. The Raw & The Cooked was one of the first cassettes I got for my fancy new Sony Walkman.

And Yes, Colin Harper. I was 6’2″ 175 lbs, and used to do the hopping move from She Drives Me Crazy across the floor quite often after a six pack or two. Sometimes you gotta cut loose and not take yourself too seriously…

Thx Paul!

37. Tom m hans says:

Ordered the Bundle from SDE Shop with basic shipping to the colonies. I need all the feel good music I can get currently with the ongoing election and Supreme Court madness.
    Thank you.

38. Roelant says:

I was already very pleased with the Edsel releases, but these look even better!! And I think it’s a very nice idea to present SDE buyers with something extra. Bought the bundle without hesitation. Thanks Paul!! Hoping to see some more bundle offers from SDE lifting my spirit in these confusing times!

39. Mark Hughes says:

Great News! I’ve been waiting for these to be reissued.

One question…. Do we know when the live track was recorded?

40. Darren K says:

Thanks for all your hard work in creating such a great site. So informative and a pleasure to place my first order with yourselves. What a top act these were.

41. david rose says:

great news these are being re-issued but it’s a pity you couldn’t get “tired of being pushed around” as a bonus on one of these re-issues as its a bugger to find anywhere

42. Adrian says:

Fabulous news Paul! Thank you for putting this together! Ordered the bundle from the SDE shop and i wait on Royal Mail and the US Postal Service to do their bit to look after the package with much care.
    Thank you for your dedicated energy love and hard work for music fans around the globe.

43. Don says:

Any word if the CDs come with decent booklets and liner notes? Normally that would be a given with a deluxe edition but sadly that’s not always the case anymore.

44. Colin Harper says:

I’m curious – was anyone ever a fan of those two guys’ squirmy, weird moves/dancing? And did they do it when playing live or was it just a miming thing? I struggle to imagine that anyone ever thought it cool or interesting. It was just embarrassing – and I suspect it made playing their instruments rather awkward.

• Stephen says:

Bit of a strange/rude and personal comment. They were of their time I guess. I was a fan of their music and production that they bought to the FYC and ”The Beat” before that and their short lived “Two men, a drum machine and a trumpet”

• Colin Harper says:

I wasn’t being rude, honest! I appreciate the pop-craft and musicianship of the two fellows – I believe the bass player especially was involved in lots of Beat/FYC songwriting – but while it would be rude/uncalled for to, say, point out an unusual physical characteristic of someone (a large nose, a disability, etc.), these chaps CHOSE to wiggle around like… well, berks on their TV appearances and, from memory, the bass man did a bit of that in the Beat too. It seemed to me a strange thing to choose to do at the time, and the passing of time has not diminished that view!

• Stephen says:

I can’t dance to any kind of standard, but if my music was good enough to get me a slot on TOTP then I’d be dancing (in my own unique way) for joy on said show.

• Jabber says:

Devo wore energy dome helmets for many years, after first wearing them for the Freedom of Choice album. One man’s embarrassing art is another man’s cool and interesting art.

45. Andy says:

Funny how these few albums didn’t rest in many people’s collections as classic albums. It’s a crime these musicians missed the opportunity to keep this train rollin’. The songs remain as fresh today as the first time I heard them.

46. Theodore S Carney says:

Do we know if any of the alternate versions of “Blue” are the original LP mix (as opposed to the mix that appeared on the CD)?

I’m pretty sure it’s the ‘Dance Version’… although it could be the slow version. It’s one of those…

47. WayneUK says:

Ordered from SDE. Very different from the 2013 releases. I do own those, but these look much more involved. Look forward to them arriving.

48. Henrik says:

Excellent offer Paul – bundle ordered! Have been waiting for these re-issues for a long time! Nice with the bonus CD single.

49. Todd says:

Thrilled – as the Edsel sets have been impossible to find!

50. Jan says:

Great news, I was just looking for a CD with the 12″ on Discogs. So ordered the 5 CD version from the SDE shop

51. Fredpostman says:

Bundle ordered Paul and a great price as well [Bowie’s team could learn a few lessons from this…]

52. ian says:

ordered!!,, saw this advertised in the new issue of classic pop on saturday when mine arrived and frantically been scanning the net to find out more about the cd,s . now i have. once again thankyou Super deluxe edition.

53. Kevin says:

Hey Paul, thanks for this. One question, am I missing something in the links to buy? Your description says “with each CD or vinyl order shipping with a FREE and exclusive limited CD single of ‘Johnny Come Home’. The only links for cd that include the bonus cd single are for the 5 cd bundle…. Have I missed something?

There are three FYC products on the SDE shop: 4CD set, debut LP and The Raw & The Cooked and they ALL come with the bonus CD single.

54. Emmanuel says:

Ordered from you Paul. Thanks for the exclusive bonus CD Single !

55. Robert Lett says:

This is good timing as I was thinking of tracking the Edsels down and those are pretty expensive to find now. Looking forward to these. I wish the CD bundle came w the print but happy at any rate.

56. Joe says:

Excellent. Pre-Ordered. I have done a quick reccy to se what is on these that wasn’t on the last 2 CD re-issues and came up with this.

FYC

Johnny Come Home (Mousse T Cocktail Mix)
    Johnny Come Home Mousse T (Extended Mix)
    Johnny Come Home (Derrick Carter Remix)
    Johnny Come Home (Live)
    Johnny Come Home (John Peel BBC Session)
    Blue (Dance Version)
    Blue (Slow Version)
    Blue (Live at Town & Country Club BBC Session)
    Blue (John Peel BBC Session)
    Blue (Demo Long Version)
    Prick Up Your Ears
    Couldn’t Care More (Annes Mix)
    Funny How Love Is (Radio Mix)
    Time Isn’t Kind (John Peel BBC Session)
    Good Times And Bad (Extended Mix)
    Couldn’t Care More (Janice Long BBC Session)
    Move To Work (Janice Long BBC Session)
    Don´t Ask Me To Choose (Janice Long BBC Session)
    Funny How Love (Janice Long BBC Session)

Raw & Cooked

Ever Fallen In Love? (The Rare Groove Bootleg)
    She Drives Me Crazy (Dimitri From Paris Remix)
    She Drives Me Crazy (Seth Troxler ‘Out Of Time’ Remix)
    She Drives Me Crazy (Percusapella)
    Good Thing (Prince Paul Vocal Percussapella)
    I’m Not The Man I Used To Be (12” Version)
    I’m Not The Man I Used To Be (Demo Version)
    I’m Not Satisfied (New York Singing Mix II)
    I’m Not Satisfied (Demo Version)
    Don’t Look Back (Youth Remix)
    As Hard As It Is (Demo Version)
    Tell Me What (Demo Version)
    Hold Me (Demo)
    Race Track Instrumental

57. Ron H says:

Ordered, looks to be spectacular and I don’t need every remixed version of Bulgaria-only singles with second drum track either. Cheers!! :)

58. What? FYC? Worry? says:

Still suprised the alternate Good Thing from the double groove 10” hasn’t been released yet.

59. Great news I was in the studio for the mixing. It was a sonic masterpiece. I hope it can get close to how great it sounded at the studio. David Rivkin at princes paisley park studios did the second outing “the Raw and the cooked”. Listening with David as we had the final mix we knew it was going to be something special. Can’t wait to hear it!

60. Leemer says:

Will SDE be the only source for such bundle or will it be made available in the USA by some other outlet in the future? I am not a fan of the risk to the integrity of the package due to the postal service and the added expense of shipping things over the pond. Additionally, if one were to take on risk and shipping, do you reduce the UK VAT for such emporter?

61. Matthew James says:

Normally I would spring for a new all-analog cut on vinyl. But my original CD of Raw and the Cooked is labeled DDD, so that must just apply to the first album, which is ADD.

62. Jonathan Riley says:

It appears that a lot of the remixes on the raw and uncooked arent on the new cds
    I noticed the monster mix, jazzie b mixes, beatmasters and smith & mighty as well as john potoker mix werent on the new one. Also on their 1st cd johnny takes a trip is missing

• mike says:

This isn’t a criticism as the sets have some interesting content, especially the debut. But… The Raw and the Cooked needs a decent deluxe, as neither this or the Edsel set are close. There are so many remixes that are not on digital yet, which makes the new versions seem an odd inclusion. The percussapellas are rare so worth buying, especially supporting SDE. But one day I hope for a 3CD set that covers all, not just the Raw and the Remix content. Thanks Paul though, one more sale!

63. thomas doherty says:

Great news- long overdue.Would be great if we could get a new “best of” cd and vinyl comp also with “Good Thing” on it.It’s strange cause it’s arguably their Greatist hit but left off of ALL the compilations except the 1996 “The Finest” comp

64. It’s so hard to get hold of the “I’m Not Satisfied” NYC Rap Mix anywhere….

65. Mark. says:

Great bundle! Ordered without thinking lol. Two great albums. Thanks Paul.

66. johninely says:

Hey, Paul.

Ordered the two vinyl albums.
    Going to order the bundle, too, but don’t know that I need 3 of the same single.
    Can you save two for someone else?

67. Simon says:

Bit of a bugger that you can’t buy one of the CD albums to get the free CD & then buy the other from the artist store to get the signed print, but hey ho everyone has to make a living so Paul gets my ‘brass’
    Simon

• NM says:

Hi. Totally agree. If you could offer one of the two re-releases with the CD single I would order from you straight away. Currently undecided whether to go for the CD single or the signed print.

68. Steve Jamieson says:

Fantastic news. A sorely missed band. Not nearly enough content produced….what could have been!

Ordered, thanks Paul

69. Neill Rees says:

Yes. Yes, please. I’ll take one, thank you!

The 80’s re-releases, like this, seem to have dried up (unless I’ve had my eye off the ball) lately, so this is a nice surprise. Cheers Paul, sterling work, as ever.

70. AdamW says:

No brainer. All of it ordered immediately from SDE. Thanks so much!

It’s weird, I very much liked these albums when they were originally released, but unlike other bands, I never looked for the 12″ singles and B-sides for whatever reason, so I’m looking forward to a treasure trove of stuff I’ve never heard before.

Also, I know this is heresy, but their version of “Ever Fallen In Love” rivals the original. Not sorry.

71. Rob Iles says:

WOW! 100% all over this and I’ll be ordering the 5CD package from SDE! TRATC was played a LOT on my alba Walkman whilst travelling On the bus to and from school!

72. Eric M. says:

All around a good value, and I will likely purchase; however, my one quibble is that I would have greatly preferred that the vocal Justin Strauss remixes of “She Drives Me Crazy” be included on ‘The Raw…’, rather than what appear to be two new or recent remixes. The full Strauss 12” appeared on the previous Edsel remaster, but his “Single Remix” version has not appeared on CD to my knowledge.

• Ian Davis says:

ERIC M – what was the Edsel issue number that included the full Strauss Mix? Been looking for that version on CD like for ever.

• Eric M. says:

Hi Ian,

My deepest apologies. Sitting red-faced here as it seems I misremembered. I now recall that around the same time, I tracked down the Strauss mix on a promo CD single. It appears to have still not been released commercially on CD.

• Christian Harald Fex says:

No, the Justin Strauss Mix didn’t appear on the Edsel release,
      but you can download it as aiff-file on Justin’s SoundCloud page!
      It’s my favourite mix of this track!

• Glenn says:

Also was curious to see if the Justin Strauss remix was included. Here is the link to the US promo CD which includes it. My dog chewed up the sleeve for my copy as a puppy so been trying to find a replacement but very pricey when it does come up.

73. MCK says:

Bundle ordered, very cool

74. Tim South says:

Paul, there are many days of the week when you “make our day” and this is another one. Thankyou buddy

75. Martin says:

Cheers Paul – Nice one

76. Robert Laversuch says:

Well psyched by this. Got the two 2013 double CDs by Edsel which are excellent but on these two there is so much more. And you can’t ever have enough copies of either album – sublime.
    Ordered from site not only but also because of free single. Thank you

77. Mark S says:

I guess the obvious question is do we know what ISN’T on these versions that was on the previous 2CD sets from 2013?

Also, crazy to put something on a CD single that isn’t on any of these new releases.

Ludicrous even.

I can confirm that that the Remix/That Other Mix of Johnny Comes Home was never going to be on the 2CD set anyway! Which is why I suggested it as part of an SDE exclusive CD single. So it wasn’t ‘saved’ for the separate CD at all.

• JP says:

From the debut album, the 2013 version:
      “Johnny Takes A Trip (“Johnny Come Home” B-Side)” that doesn’t appear to be one the new versions.

From Raw and the Cooked 2013 version:
      There are quite a few mixes off CD2 and The Finest tracks that don’t repeat.

78. Ern says:

I was hoping something decent would come out on my birthday and then this appears. Completely unexpected.
    Hope the remastering will be decent as I love both these albums and also looking forward to listening to the extra tracks.
    Bundle ordered