Glen Campbell / The Legacy 1961-2017

4CD revised edition features tracks from his later albums

A box set celebrating the career of the legendary Glen Campbell is set to be released next month.

Glen Campbell – The Legacy (1961-2017) is a revised edition of the 2003 set, with 78 tracks across four CDs containing all the Glen you could want from debut single ‘Turn Around, Look At Me’, via his duets with Bobbie Gentry, Anne Murray and Rita Coolidge, his mid seventies comeback through to Adiós, the title track from his chart-topping final – and 64th – album from 2017, released two months before his death on 8 August of that year.

The newer tracks now added to the set hail from his later albums, 2008’s Meet Glen Campbell, 2011’s Ghost On The Canvas, 2014’s soundtrack to his documentary, Glen Campbell: I’ll Be Me, and 2017’s Adiós. This package and includes a 60-page booklet and updated liner notes by Joel Selvin.

Campbell had an amazing career, concurrently starting out as a solo turn while playing as a session musician for the likes of Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley, Simon & Garfunkel and many more as part of The Wrecking Crew, even touring with The Beach Boys as a replacement for Brian Wilson. By the late 1960s, he was having his own hits with iconic numbers such as the Jimmy Webb-written ‘Witchita Lineman’, ‘By The Time I Get To Phoenix’ and ‘Galveston’. He also acted, most notably alongside John Wayne in True Grit, had his own TV show and hoovered up Grammys in the process, including a Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award in 2012.

His lean years in the early seventies came to an end with the international hit ‘Rhinestone Cowboy’ and cheery country pop of ‘Southern Nights’. After his Alzheimer’s diagnosis in 2010, he embarked on a farewell tour in 2012, and then began work on Adiós soon after.

Glen Campbell – The Legacy (1961-2017) is released 21 June 2019 via Capitol/UMe.

Glen Campbell

The Legacy (1961-2017)

Glen Campbell / The Legacy (1961-2017)

CD ONE

1. Turn Around, Look At Me
  2. Kentucky Means Paradise (The Green River Boys featuring Glen Campbell)
  3. Too Late To Worry – Too Blue To Cry
  4. Universal Soldier
  5. Guess I’m Dumb
  6. Burning Bridges
  7. Just To Satisfy You
  8. Less Of Me
  9. Gentle On My Mind
  10. Cryin’
  11. By The Time I Get To Phoenix
  12. Tomorrow Never Comes
  13. Hey, Little One
  14. I Wanna Live
  15. Turn Around And Look At Me (New Version)
  16. The Legend Of Bonnie And Clyde
  17. Let It Be Me (Glen Campbell & Bobbie Gentry)
  18. Scarborough Fair / Canticle (Glen Campbell & Bobbie Gentry)
  19. Wichita Lineman
  20. Dreams Of The Everyday Housewife
  21. Reason To Believe

CD TWO

1. Galveston
  2. Where’s The Playground Susie
  3. If This Is Love
  4. True Grit
  5. Try A Little Kindness
  6. Honey, Come Back
  7. One Pair Of Hands
  8. All I Have To Do Is Dream (Glen Campbell & Bobbie Gentry)
  9. Everything A Man Could Ever Need
  10. It’s Only Make Believe
  11. Pave Your Way Into Tomorrow
  12. MacArthur Park
  13. Dream Baby (How Long Must I Dream)
  14. The Last Time I Saw Her
  15. I Say A Little Prayer / By The Time I Get To Phoenix (Medley) (Glen Campbell & Anne Murray)
  16. The Last Thing On My Mind
  17. I Knew Jesus (Before He Was A Star)
  18. I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry
  19. Houston (I’m Comin’ To See You)
  20. Bonaparte’s Retreat
  21. The Moon’s A Harsh Mistress

CD THREE

1. Rhinestone Cowboy
  2. Country Boy (You Got Your Feet In L.A.)
  3. Arkansas
  4. Don’t Pull Your Love / Then You Can Tell Me Goodbye (Medley)
  5. Southern Nights
  6. Sunflower
  7. God Only Knows
  8. I’m Gonna Love You
  9. Can You Fool
  10. Highwayman
  11. Somethin’ ’Bout You Baby I Like (Glen Campbell With Rita Coolidge)
  12. Any Which Way You Can
  13. I Was Too Busy Loving You
  14. Faithless Love
  15. A Lady Like You
  16. The Hand That Rocks The Cradle (Glen Campbell With Steve Wariner)
  17. I Have You
  18. If These Walls Could Speak
  19. Unconditional Love
  20. She’s Gone, Gone, Gone
  21. Show Me Your Way (Glen Campbell & Anne Murray)
  22. Only One Life
  23. Somebody Like That

CD FOUR

1. You’ll Never Walk Alone
  2. People Get Ready
  3. Amazing Grace
  4. Lean On Me
  5. Times Like These
  6. These Days
  7. Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)
  8. Ghost On The Canvas
  9. Waiting On The Comin’ Of My Lord
  10. I’m Not Gonna Miss You
  11. Everybody’s Talkin’
  12. It Won’t Bring Her Back
  13. Adiós

23 responses to Glen Campbell / The Legacy 1961-2017

1. MARK LEVY says:

Just got my copy of this superb set. I’m just imagining what the vinyl version would end up like. 7 LP set perhaps? Collosal!

2. NickM says:

Wonderful talent – the I’ll be Me documentary going through the stages of his illness and touring one last-time is a must-see. Awesome guitarist. I’ll certainly be getting this. RIP Glen.

3. wem51 says:

The three single discs of The Essential Glen Campbell are also a great alternative.

4. J says:

Where do the 65 albums come from? I count 73 before compilations and the other comments are very correct. If you don’t have the Tanya Tucker or ghost CDs grab them. Glen is a very legendary guy for sure
    J

5. Duckworth says:

Has this been newly remastered since its first issue, or just another rehash?

6. noyoucmon says:

The inclusion of hard-to-find Brian Wilson-penned single “Guess I’m Dumb” makes this an easy wishlist item for me. One of my favorite songs by anybody.

7. Terry O'Neil says:

Used to love the guy. Spent money on my first pay packet on one of his albums in 1969. It had a track called Long Black Limousine on it,lovely song that !
    Such a huge talent,very sadly missed.

8. David Browne nnn says:

I have always loved Glen Campbell, even as a boy growing up in India. What a performer and and a better guitarist, well I haven’t seen one yet ,and you can throw in Clapton, Knoffler, Gilmour and Page. A remarkable performer.

9. Jeff Jones says:

I’m disappointed you made a great album with Tanya Tucker beautiful songs where’s that

10. Countyourchicken says:

64 Albums. Kate Bush has to become immortal if she wants to top that. Album 64 will be released in January 5088. Probably.

11. stupidactingsmart says:

Ghost on the Canvas is my favourite album of the last ten years, I think. It’s wonderful. I do love GC, though I have 99% of these songs across CD and vinyl already so this won’t be on my list to buy.

12. MARK LEVY says:

I’ve got to get this one. Just imagine the vinyl edition though.

13. jon says:

i remeber he performed Wichita lineman with stone temple pilots once

14. Yves Vandezande says:

If this isn’t what you’re looking for then you can always get Adios for £4.99. It even includes a bonus greatest hits disc.

15. Mark says:

Surprising that his cover of Tom Petty’s ‘Walls’ has been left off CD Four, what a cracking version that is.

16. Carlos says:

The 4th disc seems very scarce in terms of content.

17. Chris says:

I’m really only interested in the first two CDs; but those, I’d be *very* interested in. I’d love to hear about the quality of the booklet contents etc.

18. Matteo Mazzi says:

Good evening Paul! Do you know if there’s any chance to see a complete edition of Glen Campbell’s albums? Thank you.

19. Mark says:

Well, this is an easy buy. Some of the greatest songs ever recorded.

20. Ian Hicks says:

Saw Glen on this couple of tours and even met him in Guildford on the last tour of the UK. Even though the illness was starting to kick in he was still the brilliant showman… and wow what a guitarist

21. The Golden Age Of Another Fine Mess We`re All In (Not Just Us You Too!) says:

Ordered this a couple of weeks back. I missed out on the original set but why didn`t they put more tracks on CD4, feckin` record companies, shit for brains the lot of them.

22. Steven Roberts says: