Liam Gallagher / MTV Unplugged

10-track live set features Oasis cuts

Liam Gallagher will issue an MTV Unplugged album next month, highlighting songs from his first two solo albums along with a handful of Oasis numbers.

The ten-track live album features four songs from his well-received Why Me? Why Not. album of last year and a single contribution from 2017’s As You Were. That leaves five Oasis songs including UK number one ‘Some Might Say’, fan favourite ‘Champagne Supernova’ and Definitely Maybe vinyl bonus track ‘Sad Song’. Liam’s old bandmate guitarist Bonehead plays on the Oasis numbers while string arrangements are performed by the 24-piece Urban Soul Orchestra.

The album is being released on CD and vinyl and there’s a special mint green and white splatter vinyl which is already sold out via Liam’s site, but is still available via Rough Trade.

MTV Unplugged is released on 12 June 2020 (was 24 April).

Liam Gallagher

MTV Unplugged - vinyl LP

Liam Gallagher

MTV Unplugged - CD edition

MTV Unplugged CD edition

1. Wall Of Glass (MTV Unplugged Live at Hull City Hall)
2. Some Might Say (MTV Unplugged Live at Hull City Hall)
3. Now That I’ve Found You (MTV Unplugged Live at Hull City Hall)
4. One of Us (MTV Unplugged Live at Hull City Hall)
5. Stand By Me (MTV Unplugged Live at Hull City Hall)
6. Sad Song (MTV Unplugged Live at Hull City Hall)
7. Cast No Shadow (MTV Unplugged Live at Hull City Hall)
8. Once (MTV Unplugged Live at Hull City Hall)
9. Gone (MTV Unplugged Live at Hull City Hall)
10. Champagne Supernova (MTV Unplugged Live at Hull City Hall)

MTV Unplugged vinyl LP

Side 1
1. Wall Of Glass (MTV Unplugged Live at Hull City Hall)
2. Some Might Say (MTV Unplugged Live at Hull City Hall)
3. Now That I’ve Found You (MTV Unplugged Live at Hull City Hall)
4. One of Us (MTV Unplugged Live at Hull City Hall)
5. Stand By Me (MTV Unplugged Live at Hull City Hall)

Side 2
1. Sad Song (MTV Unplugged Live at Hull City Hall)
2. Cast No Shadow (MTV Unplugged Live at Hull City Hall)
3. Once (MTV Unplugged Live at Hull City Hall)
4. Gone (MTV Unplugged Live at Hull City Hall)
5. Champagne Supernova (MTV Unplugged Live at Hull City Hall)

21 responses to Liam Gallagher / MTV Unplugged

1. Wayne says:

It has been put back to September because of the current situation.

2. Glyn says:

Am I correct in seeing this has slipped until September 21st?

3. Ken says:

Liam seems to have a love/hate relationship with Wonderwall.Sometimes he performs it and sometimes he don’t.In his recent touring Wonderwall (ocassionally)and Live Forever(almost always) often featured in the set lists.I notice both iconic fan-favourite tunes are omitted from this Unplugged recording!

4. Jarmo Keranen says:

I wonder if he had a aching neck because he had looking up to the skies whole of his singing career!

• SimonP says:

I think you’ll find that it’s Noel who has been suffering with the pain in the neck for many years now. Since around 1972 probably.

5. Adam says:

I’m intrigued that new releases are still being announced. Are they likely to have been manufactured already and be at distribution places, or is it all up in the air?

6. Daryl says:

How does the copyright issue work with Noel’s songs? Didn’t he put the kibosh on Liam using Oasis songs for his ‘As It Were’ film? I had assumed that he wouldn’t have been allowed to use Noel’s songs for any subsequent live albums either…
    Don’t get me wrong – I am glad he has, as I was hoping for a release of this, I was just wondering – does anyone know how it works?

• Lee says:

From what I remember he vetoed using the songs in the film, and this isn’t unreasonable, because of comments made about him in it. As for live performances, all I can say is when Beady Eye did Wonderwall at the Olympics ceremony, Noel was asked and just said “as long as he fills in the forms and I get the royalties for him doing them, he is welcome to sing as many of my songs as he likes”.

Going on Noel’s priorities, he will have seen 50% his songs on the album and just said cheers for the royalties off this.

7. Mearsi says:

Anyone know if his voice/range was good on the night? He struggled here in Australia in December, hopefully a sore throat rather than permanent damage.

8. PChris says:

Splatter also available at JPC.de

9. Gisabun says:

I wonder if any tracks are left off the recording. They usually are….

• Alan Fenwick says:

@Gisabun

Yes, there are a few exclusions for this particular release, the setlist for the show was:

Wall of Glass
      Cast No Shadow
      Once
      Gone
      Stand by Me
      Champagne Supernova

10. bob peel says:

gutted i missed out on the signed vinyl :(

great gig tho amazing night

11. Colin says:

Also try Banquet Records for the Splatter Vinyl is £27.99 inc P+P.
    Townsend Music UK did have the splatter vinyl when I got the email from them on Saturday but
    when I clicked on the link it had sold out!

12. Chris says:

Sorry, but why not a DVD/BR + CD set release for this?

13. Brian Stanley says:

Did Noel sit in the balcony and jeer at him throughout the show ?

14. Aaron says:

No sign of Oasis Unplugged…I think I check RSD lists every year for it!

But this will be a good accompaniment to the Acoustic EP…