Longpigs / The Sun Is Often Out limited edition signed blue vinyl LP reissue

Longpigs / The Sun is Often Out signed blue vinyl LP

Coloured vinyl reissue • Limited to 500 units • Signed

British 90s band Longpigs‘ first album The Sun Is Often Out is being reissued on vinyl.

The band were fronted by Crispin Hunt and featured guitarist Richard Hawley and this 1996 debut delivered four top 40 hit singles including On and On which peaked at number 16 in the UK chart.

This album was issued on U2’s Mother label and with CD the popular format of the day, only ever got a small run on vinyl, meaning it’s incredible hard to get hold of at sensible prices.

This signed coloured vinyl edition appears to now be sold, but the next best thing is the unsigned blue vinyl. It will be released on 19 June 2020 (was 8 May, then 5 June!)

Longpigs

The Sun is Often out - standard blue vinyl

Longpigs

The Sun is Often out - ltd signed coloured vinyl

Marion

this world and body - signed coloured vinyl

Marion

side b
1. SALLY DANCES
2. JESUS CHRIST
3. DOZEN WICKED WORDS
4. ELVIS
5. OVER OUR BODIES

48 responses to Longpigs / The Sun Is Often Out limited edition signed blue vinyl LP reissue

1. A J says:

Would love to see the practice of numbering come back . It adds so much to the feeling of a unique copy. Please demon – bring back numbering on your Ltd releases!

2. Alan B says:

I see the unsigned version comes with Autorip but the signed version does not. Manufactured and distributed by the same companies no? Is there anyone out there who is clever enough to work out the vagaries of Amazon’s Autorip policy.

• Alan B says:

I just checked my Amazon Music account and the Autorip is there this morning. It isn’t advertised with an Autorip though. Won’t download it until I actually get the signed LP as Amazon seem to have a problem supplying some pre orders even Amazon exclusives as I don’t want to get charged for the digital download if they let me down with the order.

• Tony says:

I ordered the signed lp two weeks ago just received The autorip Is in my Amazon Music Now love this album

3. CraigE says:

Release date put back a month

4. Adam Follat says:

Literally crying I missed this.
    The whole corona quarantine thing threw me for a loop this week here in Chicago, no school, no work. Just now catching up on “pop” news. Gutted…

5. Ade says:

This is great news, but what about the far superior ‘Mobile Home’? That would be great for a first-time release on vinyl for that one.

6. Ian Gair says:

I have just ordered the Marion Green Vinyl LP, with its hype sticker stating its signed by Jaime Harding :) The world and body album was also re-pressed in red vinyl in 2016 & as I have the original LP with free 7″ it would be just a colourful duplication.
    Today I have received both TFF deluxe box sets from SDE & I am now joyfull in these troubled isolated times, hope to see other music fans in a concert crowd in the future.

7. Pingback:Coronavirus hits physical music supply chain and release schedules | superdeluxeedition

8. Ken says:

This is a bit off topic but does anybody know whether this virus insanity is going to completely alter all release dates? i.e is the industry going to try to carry on as normal or is it literally going to close down completely and offer us no releases for a while? Has the industry said anything about how Coronavirus is going to effect when products due to be released week on week will be available to buy?etc..Is it business as usual or is major change afoot?For instance if manufacturing facilities that produce all the products we all like to buy get temporarily closed down they won’t physically be able to produce the products for sale will they? You can’t magic-up a CD or vinyl record if the manufacturing facility producing it gets closed!

9. Joonas says:

They should also release the 2nd album ‘Mobile Home’ on vinyl as it’s never released on that format.

10. seikotsi says:

I don’t know the longpigs, but Marion is the most underrated britpop era band. They still perfrom live and are amazing.

11. CraigE says:

Demon confirmed in reply on twitter that All Hype actually is on this reissue!

• Phil Wilson says:

That’s weird, as its not on the picture of the back of the vinyl that i s on Amazon? or on the picture of the LP.

12. CraigE says:

Why oh why have they left All Hype off this version. Looking through the Longpigs eps/singles I have I’m only missing 3 of the album tracks and that’s one of them!!!

I think it is on here actually. I know the track listing doesn’t indicate that, but I think they’ve missed it off accidentally. Will confirm…

13. Timm Davison says:

This is what I’m talking about. Why keep reissuing stuff that’s easy to find on wax already (looking at you Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, U2)? Stuff from the mid-90’s, when cd’s roamed the land, are in need of proper vinyl issues!

14. Bjorn of frustration says:

Gutted! All 500 copies gone??? Any other chance of getting hold of Longpigs?

15. Bruce Marsh says:

Thanks Paul. Ordered a copy. I love Richard Hawley but missed the Longpigs, so really looking forward to this. Do you know if it includes a download code?

16. Eamonn says:

Surprised there’s nowt extra included but I think that put out a rarities set on 3Loop music a few years ago along with The Auteurs.

17. Steven C says:

when Suede last toured the USA, which was 1997, believe it or not, Longpigs opened and were fantastic. They were supporting this record. I almost paid $140 on Discogs for an original. I’m very happy to be able to pay $120 less and have it signed by the band… especially if Richard Hawley is one of those signatures.

@Paul Sinclair – will this include Richard’s signature? I’d assume so but I’ve seen things advertised as “Signed” by bands like Mansun and Suede and it ends up being sold by Paul Draper or Brett Anderson…

Longpigs album signed by just Crispin I’m afraid.

• Jorje Chica says:

Your memory is clearly better than mine. I posted earlier that I saw Longpigs open for Oasis in LA, but now I’m sure it was opening for suede when I caught their two shows at the El Rey Theatre.

I also remember seeing Marion play on Halloween night at a small club in Hollywood. It must have been 1998 or 1999.

18. LowPop says:

Paul – do we know who from Marion signed?

19. Gav Hilzbrich says:

This is so weird! At lunchtime today I randomly started singing Longpigs’ Jesus Christ. I haven’t heard that song for ages and have no idea why it popped into my head. When I saw the SDE email announcing this reissue I had to double take. Great album and takes me back. I’ll definitely be buying it on vinyl. Thanks for the heads up as always, Paul.

Now to see if I can predict the lottery numbers…

20. graeme ewan says:

lovin it! some top tunes on this album and only right to buy it. please dont do the mass buying to sell, (hopefully i am not needing to say this to all my chums on this site)! stay calm, keep well and dont mass buy. There is always someone more needy than You, don’t be “that “person” who is a greedy barsteward! all the best a’body.

21. Jorje Chica says:

Too bad the Longpigs LP is only available from Amazon UK. Anyway, in the states Amazon won’t be stocking non-essential items like vinyl for some time. Sigh. I saw the band live in LA when they opened for Oasis on the Definitely Maybe tour. Feels like a million years ago.

22. Martin Power says:

Flipping heck – What a reminder and a real opportunity brilliant – straight in

23. James says:

I was listening to this the other day for the first time in ages, I’d forgotten how good it is. This is an easy pick up.

24. Phil Robinson says:

Brilliant album! I only recently managed to get a copy on CD and love it. Are the songs “All Hype” and “Sleep” being included as downloads or is it just staying as a ten track as the (I presume) original lp’s track listing?
    Either way if you have never heard this album…. Buy it!

25. Paul says:

Got this on CD back in the 90’s. One of a number of excellent bands I took a punt on & was well pleased. The Auteurs & Sparklehorse spring to mind as similar pleasures.

Pleased to see this vinyl reissue as the originals are unsurprisingly expensive.

26. DJ Salinger says:

Good to see this back on the radar; such an underrated band. Second LP ‘Mobile Home’ had some great moments, too – a soundtrack to strung-out times as the ’90s ended.

They must’ve grown heartily sick of seeing themselves constantly labelled as ‘Britpop also-rans’ by dismissive journalists. Still, messrs Hawley and Hunt did alright for themselves in the end. Tea and medals all round.

27. Jan says:

It’d be lovely if Richard and the rest of the band signed too. Played with them once at Dublin Castle, Richard was chatty and kind.

28. Jonathan says:

Love this album and ridiculous price for an original. Thanks for the heads up

29. Maeglin says:

Thanks. A great new in this difficult time everywhere but specially in Spain. Thanks

30. Ian Hartley says:

Brilliant- just got one ! Thanks as ever for flagging this up nice and early. Much overlooked now but great tunes on here now and silly money for an original vinyl copy.

31. mike says:

Wonderful album, much underrated.

• Keith Slatter says:

Totally agree with Mike….great album…and “She Said” one of the best songs ever. Ordered!

32. Phil Wilson says:

Be quick if you want one, was showing as sold out earlier today for a while. The 2 Marion albums (the world and body and the program) are both available signed by frontman Jaime Harding

• LowPop says:

Saw and immediately ordered Longpigs yesterday. Essential album, in my opinion. Was so happy to see it I don’t think I even looked at the price!

Thanks Phil for the heads up on the Marion LPs!! Both albums are phenomenal. Ordered!