Marion / Coloured & signed vinyl

Marion / This World and Body signed vinyl

Britpop era band Marion, see both of their album reissued on coloured vinyl in May with limited numbers available signed by frontman Jaime Harding.

After the Manchester group issued a debut single on Rough Trade, Marion signed with London Records with debut album This World And Body being released in early 1996. It contains three top 40 singles including number 17 hit ‘Sleep’.

1998 follow-up The Program secured the production services of Smiths guitar legend Johnny Marr, although it didn’t do much commercially – Britpop had left the building.

Both albums are now reissued as coloured vinyl pressings (gold and green respectively) and initially 500 copies are available with a print of the album artwork SIGNED by Jaime Harding.

This World And Body and The Program vinyl reissues are out on 8 May 2020.

Marion

this world and body - signed coloured vinyl

Amazon uk   18.99

Marion

The Program - signed coloured vinyl

Amazon uk   18.99
Amazon it   26.77

This World and Body – gold vinyl LP (signed)

Side A

1. Fallen Through
2. Sleep
3. Let’s All Go Together
4. Wait
5. The Only Way
6. I Stopped Dancing
7. All For Love

Side B

1. Toys For Boys
2. Time
3. Vanessa
4. Your Body Lies
5. My Children

The Program – green vinyl (signed)

Side A

1. The Smile
2. Miyako Hideaway
3. Sparkle
4. Is That So?
5. What Are We Waiting For?

Side B

1. Strangers
2. The Powder Room Plan
3. The Program
4. All Of These Days
5. Comeback

22 responses to Marion / Coloured & signed vinyl

1. Jarmo Keranen says:

Here in Finland we have a female singer whose name is Marion. She was in Eurovision Song Contest in 1962 when she was only 16 years old. Song was Tipi-tii and it became 7th place. In 1973 she was again in Eurovision Song Contest. This time song was Tom Tom Tom and it fared little bit better and it became 6th place. She’s still singing and performing!

2. paul wren says:

I’ve never listened to Marion before and I think they’re alright, so much so that I’ve ordered both the signed vinyl’s from Amazon. Thanks for letting us know that they were both available again for sale.

3. Ralph says:

Cheers for the heads up – first album is a belter!

4. Cris says:

Now available

5. SimonP says:

This is a band that completely passed me by, as I was more into the grungey Americans in the 90s, but riddle me this; who came first, Marion or Shed Seven? Sound pretty much the same having listened to the vid above.

At least Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden etc all sounded different to to one another…

• SimonP says:

There’s definitely some barrel scraping going on nowadays with these reissues.

What next? Best of the Mock Turtles. A single sided 7″ in turtle shell coloured vinyl (they could choose the Leatherback turtle. Look it up to see what colour they are). The A side is Can You Dig It and the other side is etched with the words “That’s all, folks”.

• thurston.m says:

That’s a weird comparison. The bands you mention rather play in the same league as Oasis, Blur, Suede, Pulp, Verve, which, I assume, sound quite different. Marion and Shed Seven rather rank in the same level as Mudhoney, TAD, Love Battery of Sister Double Happiness, of which I wonder whether anybody could still tell them apart. Marion have been the exact right barrel for me, however. I would also welcome Shed Seven reissues, even Menswear and Rialto. I’d prefer artificial snake- skin covers, though.

• SimonP says:

I wasn’t making any comparisons. I was saying that the Britpop scene wasn’t really on my musical radar because I was listening to something else. As such, a minor player like Marion would’ve passed me by entirely and are still totally irrelevant to me to this day.

To paraphrase Scroobius Pip “Marion, just a band”…

6. Gav says:

So I successfully ordered both of these off amazon the other night, have a confirmation email etc so are amazon still stocking them or have they sold out ? I also ordered the non signed long pigs

They haven’t sold out. Amazon are taking down pre-order buy buttons well beyond their 5 April date. I’m trying to get some clarity as to what is happening.

7. Rare Glam says:

I had a temporary ‘Prime’ membership (three months for the price of one) as of December 2019 and promptly pre-ordered quite a few upcoming titles going as far ahead as May 2020. Those titles all show as ‘unavailable’ if you want to order them now but if you pre-ordered them before the curent Amazon protocol came in, they are still being sent for release day delivery as the new Heaven 17 and Primitives box sets are to me today. In fact you can still order the Primitives today but with a 2 week delivery time.

8. Will says:

Two superb albums.
    Sadly under rated

9. bantha75 says:

Hello. Since the Amazon signed are soldout already do you know if – where – how to get a standard edition? The Program has been on my list for 22 years

I think these may ‘come back’ to Amazon. I’d a bit surprised if that had sold out already (no offence intended to Marion fans).

• George says:

I think Amazon have temporarily stopped pre-orders on everything deemed non-essential in order to maximise storage and delivery capacity to help people get essentials items during the current pandemic. Many Blu-rays I have on pre-order are now also showing as currently unavailable.

Hopefully they’ll be copies of Marion available when Amazon start taking pre-orders again!!

Possibly, but they wouldn’t be taking delivery of Marion until early May, and there original announcement said until 5 April albeit that was provisional.

• Richard K says:

Yes George, I think you’re right. Everything that was in my basket/wishlist yet to be released is now ‘currently unavailable’.

10. Rare Glam says:

I have both titles as 2 x CD expanded sets on Edsel from a few years ago. I always preferred This Wold and Body for its wild untamed sound. Marr made The Programme too clipped and polite, (professionally produced I supposed you’d say) though I believe Jaime Harding prefers it to ‘World’.

11. richard says:

Got the red reissue from a few years ago.
    Should have waited for this !
    Not a duff song on this LP.

12. Michael G says:

This world and body signed edition sold out.

13. David Harold says:

Wow! Regular (i.e. not superdeluxe) release of the year so far for me. Esp. signed! I love The Program in particular.