Out This Week / on 15 November 2019

2 Tone 7″ Treasures / seven-inch box

The Clash / London Calling reissue

Pre-order Ronnie Wood’s new box set with signed set list

Fleetwood Mac / Before The Beginning 1968-1970: Rare Live & Demo Sessions

Fleetwood Mac / Before The Beginning 1968-1970: Rare Live & Demo Sessions

George Michael / Last Christmas soundtrack

A sneaky, but probably effective, way to get a new George Michael greatest hits into the marketplace. The CD is already out but the vinyl is due on Friday. The only place to get the new song ‘This Is How (We Want You To Get High)’ on vinyl. More thoughts on Last Christmas and the new song on last week’s Saturday Deluxe.

George Michael & Wham!

Last Christmas - vinyl LP

Lisa Stansfield / Affection (2LP vinyl)

Lisa Stansfield‘s 1989 debut is reissued as an expanded 2LP vinyl edition with bonus tracks. This is presumably to mark the 30th anniversary of the album, that to date has sold around 5m copies.

Lisa Stansfield

Affection - 2LP expanded

11 responses to Out This Week / on 15 November 2019

1. Beechlander says:

Just got an email from Burning Shed – Stormwatch box set delayed (again) to 29 Nov. Still, will be getting postcard (hopefully signed) when it arrives plus set of JT beer mats as way of apology. Every cloud..

2. Quante says:

I was wondering if Duncan Day is able to listen to The Sparks when it’s released? – I hope so.

3. Larry Davis says:

Just saw there is a new 2CD deluxe of Dido’s recent “Still On My Mind”, which gathers all the odd tracks in different formats & countries, all in 1 place, plus acoustic versions and more…out on Friday…in some cases this would seem ridiculous, but in this case, it’s welcome because the original rollout was frustrating with the CD & vinyl differing in one track, the Japanese having others, etc…this keeps it all together…my CD is signed so it’s now something worthy to sell…

4. Peter m says:

Not a police fan, but still it’s very good value at the price.

5. george glazener says:

“Out This Week” Stormwatch….Well, guys, take heart, it will be worth the wait. I had a good long listen to my copy (mine arrived mid-Oct here in the USA) over the weekend, and it is excellent..! The bonus songs and extended takes are very interesting and entertaining, esp. the long version of Orion. Ian could have made a very fine Double Album of this release back in 1979, but it didn’t work out that way. Great reading too. As always, a superb job with this SDE

6. David Smith says:

At £16.66 the Police box set must be the deal of the year so far. I think the first CDS I bought back in the 80s were £15.99 each!

• Gisabun says:

I have the original box set which has way more bonus tracks [20+]. Excluding the odd track released commercially since then, it’s all I need. Assuming the track listing is accurate, the only thing missing for me is “Truth Hits Everybody (Remix)” and that the albums are remastered [again].

7. DeAn says:

It’s all about the Bowie for me. I’m really looking forward to the demo’s, and the remix. I just hope there’s something to read in that book, and it’s not simply a picture book. I’m also buying it now knowing that it’ll drop in price pretty quickly, I think. I can’t see it holding the current price for long.

I’m in the UK, and I pre-ordered the Tull from Amazon UK. Strangely, I received mine on the original date. I guess they had some copies, just not enough.

• Dave says:

Hi DeAn . Lucky you !!! Also Pre ordered Tull . Friday s on my mind .

• Richard Fisher says:

Hi DeAn. I’m in the UK and I got my Stormwatch box on the original release date too. I was puzzled when I subsequently saw the boxset wasn’t being released until November! Anyway whenever it’s released it’s a nice thing to have and those who’ve ordered it will enjoy it whenever it arrives. These Tull boxsets are excellent value!