Out This Week / on 18 December 2020

Paul McCartney / McCartney III: official details of Paul’s new solo album

Fine Young Cannibals / 2CD deluxe sets

Julia Fordham / Lock & Key 6CD box

Lloyd Cole in New York 7LP vinyl box set

‘Lloyd Cole in New York’ box set coming to vinyl next month

Tom Jones / The Complete Decca Studio Albums Collection

Liam Gallagher / All You’re Dreaming Of…

This new Liam Gallagher single sees all proceeds going to Action For Children – which provides support for vulnerable young people over the festive period. The white vinyl 12-inch exclusively includes the demo version of the song (the black vinyl seven-inch features just the one audio track).

Liam Gallagher

All You're Dreaming Of - white vinyl 12-inch

Liam Gallagher

All You're Dreaming Of - black vinyl seven-inch

Taylor Swift / Evermore (new album)

Swift‘s, er, swift follow-up to Folklore was issued digitally last week and is out on CD on Friday. The vinyl version of what might be a McCartney chart-topper-scupperer isn’t out until 28 May next year!

Taylor Swift

Evermore - CD edition

41 responses to Out This Week / on 18 December 2020

1. Darren says:

Received my order from SDE this morning. My first order with Paul. Superbly packaged. Plus the cd single. Thanks. My wife and I are planning on playing tomorrow whilst Christmas wrapping. Remembering a top band from our youth. Happy Christmas to you all.

2. Johnny L says:

Amazon says Fine Young Cannibals CDs are delayed again to January or possibly February in the UK. Is this the case everywhere?

3. Nick says:

Not sure if it was mentioned anywhere but the Japanese SHM-CD has all the bonus tracks from the “Colour collection”.

4. bruno says:

So the truth emerges – the red vinyl Mccartney iii which was initially limited to 3000 numbered copies (and then mysteriously became available again without the limited to 3000 description) is actually limited to around 9,000 numbered copies. It’s fine to release so many formats but enticing purchases by saying an item is limited to 3000 but then change the rules the minute they sell out is not great.

5. Rich E says:

Talking of deliveries – I just want to thank Paul at SDE for such a quick turnaround with my order. Packaged very well and even included a bonus. 10/10

6. Rett Russell says:

Had to laugh at previous posts….it’s like getting free stuff in my mailbox.
    Received two CDs yesterday, shipped from Europe….. no clue what waited inside the packages I ordered so long ago…..
    I swear, it’s the simple things that will sustain us……

7. Gisabun says:

Go figure. Amazon Canada says Macca III CD version is delayed but not the cassette!

8. John Orr says:

Well, we were expecting this, no doubt you all recieved emails from all the Amazons, outlining from January 1, 2021, increased postage costs etc.

9. Larry Davis says:

Nick, blame it on the quarantine…no tours, no scheduling, different mindset & ways of working…an unexpected success…Rolling Stone gave Evermore 4 1/2 stars, saying that as good as Folklore is (their #1 album of 2020), the sister album might be even better…deeper & more experimental…I ordered 2 copies, not knowing when’s it would hit stores…the collab with HAIM…no body no crime, I’m looking forward to hearing the most…

10. Tim says:

I received my Lloyd Cole a couple of weeks ago.

Taylor’s latest 2 albums have been eye-opening to say the least.

• Jay says:

Me too – I received the Lloyd Cole in America boxset already.
      Annoyingly though I have an issue in that in all of the LPs the inner sleeves are ripped down one side.
      Anyone else had similar – it’s going to be extremely annoying and slow if I have to send it back to Germany in the current climate for a replacement, and it was for Christmas.
      I also love Taylor’s albums – she’s never been on my radar before but as a huge National and Bon Iver fan I love what they’ve produced together.

• Heraldo says:

Tapete sent me the Lloyd Cole and The Commotions vinyl set instead of the Lloyd in NY one and they couldn’t have been more apologetic / helpful. They sent the replacement immediately and sent a refund for the returning postage as soon as I sent them the receipt.
        Top notch company!

• Klaus says:

@Heraldo:

Tapete (fun fact: German word for “wallpaper”) was founded by two German indie musicians who were dissatisfied with the distribution of their records by the larger companies and are nowadays regarded as one of the best indie labels and mailorders in Germany.

11. hedley says:

Macca is on the Howard Stern show tomorrow morning. I am guessing that he might mention the new release. Hopefully he gives us a bar or two of Mull of Kintyre.

12. Jim Lee says:

I too like to pay upfront. It can be an unexpected shock when say £100 goes from my account for something ordered months ago. All sites should make it clear when they intend to take the money. Very happy with the way your site operates Paul.

13. DaveM says:

Also out the Kevin Godley solo album Muscle Memory.

Pre order link for the CD

14. David says:

Anyone else think the speed in which David Bowie went from increasingly diminishing returns shaking it in hot pants to dialing in a persona for America’s new plastic soul darling to moody Berlin electronica to Corporate Rock hero to bloke-in-a-band-with-‘is-mates to etc etc seems a little jarring?

15. Chris Squires says:

One of the most asked questions here is “Do I have to pay upfront” when wanting to order from the SDE store and the response of “yes” is usually met with disappointment. However like many have also commented I quite like the fact that my Julia Fordham set will be turning up this week, a) on time, b) well packed, c) with nothing else disappearing from my account as I paid for it weeks ago and d) AT ALL because quite a few times now on Amazon an order is suddenly cancelled as they are having “trouble acquiring the stock”.

Any news on the now delayed “Cocksure” release which was supposed to be this year after the brilliant “I love my Friends” reissue?

• Stuart says:

Agree with Chris here;

I received my copy of the Mansun set from SDE at the weekend and for such a large set it was very well packed and arrived in mint condition, without the usual ‘dinks’ I’ve come to expect on deliveries that come from a certain large on-line retailer. I’m also glad funds were taken for this set upfront, as it was an easier spend months ago, rather than a financial hit 2 weeks before Christmas for a long forgotten order (I’ve done this in the past!)

In terms of packaging SDE and Burning Shed are at the top of the tree, plus, as mentioned, their stock is always guaranteed as opposed to the ever increasing lottery that is Amazon

• The Golden Age Of The Phonograph says:

I don`t mind paying up front, Mick Fleetwood has had my dosh (£145+) for the Peter Green Tribute Box Set almost 12 months.

Seriously I don`t mind paying upfront, in fact whenever I order my music CDs/LPs/Bluray/Box Sets I always put the money aside or don`t order until I have the money.

• Liam Bastick says:

Gary Numan holds the record for me. It was 22 March 2019 I paid for it and he is still putting it together. Fair enough, COVID has hit everyone’s schedules, and what price artistry, but I have managed to write five books in that time!

Still, anyone pay for a Chinese Democracy order in 1992..? :-)

• Klaus says:

@Liam Bastick:

No i didn’t. Instead i waited half a year after it was released and then bought it brand new for a fiver.

I’m still not sure if it is worth it though…

16. Nick Love says:

Anyone else think the speed in which Taylor Swift went from increasingly diminishing returns shaking it in hot pants to dialing in a persona for America’s new indie folk darling seems a little jarring?

• Tim-Meh says:

Probably because she hasn’t got a bunch of middle-aged record execs demanding she shift units any longer. She’s an artist, let her do what the hell she wants.

• Tim Abbott says:

• Brian Scott says:

As someone who liked her early country albums but never warmed to Taylor Swift’s recent releases I tuned into the Disney+ Special of the Folklore Long Pond Sessions one evening last week expecting to be underwhelmed and I have to say I was blown away. The album is really understated but very powerful both musically and lyrically, but hearing the stories behind the tracks and the way she and Aaron Dressner put it all together was really quite wonderful. If this second lockdown release is more of the same, which it appears to be, then I’m in !!

• Derek says:

No…Swift has more or less always called the shots, in many respects Folklore and Evermore hark back to the earlier albums with the folkey- country sound. I got into Swift post Red, liked 1989, disliked Reputation and liked Lover.

But Folklore and Evermore are both the kind of albums I’d hope she get round to at some point

• christian says:

Aside from Shake It Off which is weaponised pop genius, i’ve never really warmed to Taylor Swift. But these two albums are really good. Folklore is the better of the two, but there’s something about this that makes Evermore a different listen and I like it because of that somehow. Never did I think that i’d give up on a Macca lp halfway through perhaps never to return, and spend the rest of the day listening to new Taylor Swift and old Pet Shop Boys.

17. James Giraffe says:

Hi Paul. I’ve just decided to.order the FYC from you. Totally on a whim. I’ve never listened to the albums, but I like the hits, and I like remixes, so I decided to take the plunge! Thanks. :-)

Cheers James!

• James Giraffe says:

I’ve gone from being a casual fan to a mega fan in the space of a few days! I’m so enjoying FYC!

Maybe controversial, but I don’t care – I love, love love She Drives Me Crazy (Seth Troxler ‘Out Of Time’ Remix)!

Many thanks for bringing this to my attention, and for a well packaged, speedy delivery.

18. Quante says:

I’d forgotten about the FYC purchase, so that’s another present taken care of!

Most purchases within the last three months are now presents to myself, or family and friends, so I’ve got the likes of Prince, Tears For Fears and Richard & Linda Thomson to look forward to listening to.

Scritti Politti is touring Cupid & Psyche next year, which I got the last two tickets for at The Sage. My mother gets the vaccine jab this week – hurrah! Roll on to better times next year.

• Trash says:

I’m hoping that the Scriti Politti tour might be an indication that the, sometimes mentioned, reissues might actually happen next year.

• Tom Walsh says:

Cupid & Psyche reissues would be brilliant. Long, long ago in the pre-internet (for me at least) days, I got a copy on CD and was dismayed to hear an insipid , tinny version come out of the speakers. At the time, I had no idea about mastering etc and just couldn’t understand how one of my best sounding LPs sounded rubbish on CD. I’ve never played it on CD since.

19. Francois says:

In France at least, the 2 FYC CD reissue are postponed to January, the coloured vinyls still show a december 18th release date though