Out This Week / on 19 April 2019

Ian Brown / Unfinished Monkey Business

The Rolling Stones / Honk

The Wannadies / Yeah coloured vinyl

Stevie Nicks / Stand Back 1981-2017

Bananarama / In Stereo

Elbow / The Seldom Seen Kid Live at Abbey Road (2LP vinyl)

Elbow‘s January 2009 performance of this album with the BBC Concert Orchestra. This is a half-speed mastered 2LP vinyl pressing.

Elbow

The Seldom Seen Kid Live At Abbey Road (Half Speed Master) [VINYL]

Gorillaz / The Now Now (vinyl picture disc)

The 2018 Gorillaz album is issued as a vinyl picture disc.

Gorillaz

The Now Now [VINYL]

13 responses to Out This Week / on 19 April 2019

1. Paul Taylor says:

The new Cranberries album appeared in my indie store on coloured vinyl today – a week early?

2. Redders says:

I am another Minidisc’er. On discovering them, my partner was curious as to what they were …. I think she wants me to chuck it all out. Years ago, I used to make compilations and also record vinyl onto Minidisc so I could listen on the portable player (which I also still have). If memory serves, it was slightly quicker making Minidisc compilations over cassette tape ones. My job back in the late-90s used to take me around a bit, so it was nice to take the portable player and a pile of Minidiscs …. took up less room in the case than a Walkman and cassettes. Happy days.

3. Alan B says:

Minidisc is making a comeback! I just looked at Sam Fender’s webstore for pre-orders for debut album. You can order a minidisc. How long before 8 track cartridges make a come back? I used to love minidisc. Still have my minidisc hifi separate and portable minidisc player. Both still work.

• stevieb says:

Bring it on, I have scores of minidiscs of stuff recorded off John Peel, BBC Sessions, Live BBC Sets etc, and two perfectly good players – a portable and a hi-fi separate.

• mike says:

yea I was really into Gilles Petersons shows in the naughties.. so recorded so many of them…i have a separate minidisk player just love the format..no idea why..I suppose it was being able to record and erase digital sound so easily

4. Alan says:

The O’Jays release what they say after 50+ years will be their last ever album ‘The Last Word’ this week as well. Very 70’s in sound and a Betty Wright production as well. https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07NJ1KWFG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

5. Julian says:

New Erasure EBX 7 came out today today out of the Blue.

6. Steve F says:

Fiat Lux – Hired History Plus
    2CD on Cherry Red featuring the 1984 Hired History mini-album & all the singles on CD1; ‘lost’ album Ark of Embers on CD2, remastered with the band from original master tapes at Abbey Road.
    I’ve been waiting for this for at least 15 years.

• Martin aspland says:

Me too a lot of 80s collectors will be very pleased this week surprised it is not mentioned here

• Neil says:

Yes thanks for mentioning that here i bought it direct from Cherry Red not paying that price for it on Amazon.

• mike says:

Agreed, more love for Fiat Lux, very underrated band. Paul, they have a new CD too, sure they would make a good interview as to the 80s bands who didnt make it and their experience. Fine reissue.