Out This Week / on 30 August 2019

Creedence Clearwater Revival / Live at Woodstock on vinyl and CD

Moloko / Do You Like My Tight Sweater? Limited 2LP coloured vinyl

Sheryl Crow / Threads

Frank Zappa / Orchestral Favorites

Nirvana/ Live and Loud 2LP vinyl

The S.L.P. / debut album

Chicago / Chicago Transit Authority (50th anniversary remix)

In celebration of thei debut album’s 50th anniversary, Chicago have worked with mixing engineer Tim Jessup to remix the entire Chicago Transit Authority record. This is available on both CD and 2LP vinyl.

Chicago

Chicago Transit Authority - remix 2LP vinyl

Chicago

Chicago Transit Authority - remix CD edition

Bonnie Tyler / The RCA Years (4CD box set)

This clamshell box features four albums Bonnie Tyler recorded for RCA Records between 1976 and 1981. It also features a total of 21 bonus tracks including remixes, non-album tracks and live cuts.

Bonnie Tyler

The RCA Years - 4CD box

Mungo Jerry / Gold (3CD and 2LP)

The band that brought us the brilliant ‘In The Summertime’ actually had another UK number one and seven further top 40 hits. If you fancy exploring their output then look no further than this new ‘Gold’ compilation which offers 45 tracks across three CDs for just £5.99. If all that sounds too much, the coloured vinyl edition sticks to just 12 tracks.

Mungo Jerry

Gold - 3CD edition

Mungo Jerry

Gold - gold coloured vinyl

22 responses to Out This Week / on 30 August 2019

1. FortyFabio says:

Regarding Tool´s new album, it seems that the only available CD edition will be the “Limited Edition” which cost around 100 dollars and comes with a video screen among other visual goodies. There’s already an unboxing video on YT.

I meant to post about this, but got waylaid. Oops.

• Lawrence Davis says:

I saw the Tool set…looks really cool, too bad I am not into the band…Newbury Comics has it on sale for $44.99US…which I thought was quite pricey, still do…what I did buy was the Target Lana Del Rey, sorta edited cover, initials (her name & title so it sorta works), but unfolds into a nice poster & songs are not edited…also Sheryl Crow, not self-indulgent in the least…it’s her love letter to music itself…Taylor Swift Target #2, Redd Kross, Ride, Sleater-Kinney & Hold Steady…do want the Jeff Tweedy, Pete Yorn, ZZ Top, Rembrandts & Rubinoos…still…Gregg Allman looks nice too…as for this blog, I’m with Paul…I would only cover music I am interested in and avoid all that I am not…except for maybe a separate section called other notable releases that I could not give a toss about…

2. Phrack Him says:

No shocker here because Paul doesn’t give a shit about any music other than what he likes but Sons of Apollo’s Live With The Plovdiv Psychotic Symphony comes out on Friday in most markets.

‘To do’ list. 1. Start a music blog. 2. Make sure I write about stuff I have no personal interest in. 3. The end.

3. HS says:

For me, the key releases this week are Lana Del Rey and the Cyndi Lauper CD/DVD from Japan.

4. Jon says:

Cyndi Lauper’s Singles Japan CD/DVD also comes out today. Just received an email that it’s being shipped today.

5. Paul Stillman says:

And the new album from RIDE – This is not a safe place. Album of the year! So far

6. George Steven Cleere says:

Any info on the Chicago re-release? Bonus tracks??? Thanks as always!

7. Ralf says:

TOOL is the big news this weekend as far as I’m concerned.

8. Willard says:

New Model Army have a new release out last Friday. From Here. Highly recommended!

9. Ryk says:

Paul, I know you don’t often prevent comments from being posted, and the few I’ve tried to send lately are informational (not opinion), but more often than not they don’t get through, so I’m wondering if there is something wrong with the site itself. Often the failed posts are comments including a link, but not always.

BTW, keep up the good work. This is the only site/blog I read daily.

10. Larry Davis says:

Key release…new Lana Del Rey…”Norman Effing Rockwell!!” Uncensored & censored cover (as N.F.R.)…heard bits of a few tracks, as brilliantly bewitching as ever… interested in the new Sheryl Crow too…and from last week that I did not get…new Redd Kross, Rembrandt’s, Pete Yorn, Midland & maybe Vince Gill…the 2 that I did get are among the best of the year…new Tanya Tucker & Taylor Swift, yes really…

11. Ryk says:

Rodriguez’s 2 studio albums are re-released on vinyl on the 30th. Great stuff, if you haven’t heard it.

Cold Fact https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07QJSH761/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Coming From Reality https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07QCDBPNN/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

12. Alastair says:

Another 3cd set in the Gold series is out this week from Chairmen of the Board

13. johnny says:

I think the Mungo is just one LP, not 2LP… 6 tracks on each side

14. David B says:

Not too bad a selection . .Mungo Jerry is a must have.. but just wondering when we’ll hear about the previously announced 2019 sets? Blondie (complete box set .. hopefully on cd and vinyl), King Crimson (Steven Wilson’s 2019 remix of “in the court of the Crimson King”), Pink Floyd (“Animals” surround sound) .. any news out there ???

• Davey Sussex says:

King Crimson ITCOCK box is delayed until 2020 as is the updated biog by Sid Smith and the documentary.