Out This Week / on 5 June 2020

The Blue Nile / High reissue

Sleeper / Smart 25th anniversary reissue

Sleeper / Smart anniversary reissue

The Human League 'Essential' 3CD set

The Human League: Essential 3CD set

The Who / Live in Hyde Park 3LP vinyl

Doctor Who / The Underwater Menace (2LP vinyl)

This is a ‘narrated TV soundtrack’ of The Underwater Menace – which was the fifth serial in the fourth season of Doctor who, starring Patrick Troughton as the Doctor. This is pressed on ‘volcanic eruption’ coloured vinyl and comes in a gatefold sleeve with full cast/credits.

Doctor Who

Doctor Who - The Underwater Menace 2LP vinyl

JPC de   32.99

26 responses to Out This Week / on 5 June 2020

1. Jan says:

Human League and Blue Nile arrived today.

Hunan League so cheap and supermarket type fodder, but rather impressed that the designer used different coloured Virgin labels.

Blue Nile, a matt finish sleeve (which I prefer) to the original and in keeping with the other reissues. Unlike the others no booklet of photos, which is a bit disappointing. The original had the lyrics. Also misses the b side to I Would Never, but it looks like Paul Buchanan isnt including any co writes.

• Neil says:

Those two song from I Would Never are on the deluxe of Walk Across The Rooftops and they aren’t vinyl rips like they were on that CD single. They don’t belong on this reissue anyway.

2. SimonH says:

Wow, not even a booklet with the Blue Nile cd. Not really ‘deluxe’ as such:)
    What with the and the pretty shoddy Iggy reissues, I’m really starting to wonder what I’m paying for.

3. Argh! says:

The awesome Rubellan Remasters label that did all of those excellent Visage reissues is releasing a brand new reissue on compact disc of the Divinyls album Desperate this week too. They remastered it from original master tapes and have expanded it with six extra tracks. I can’t wait to get my copy!

4. Fogarrach says:

It’s so lovely to see the blue nile as the headline image when I first log in to SDE.h

5. Tom says:

Just wanted to thank you for your website -it is a fantastic resource for new music and look forward to it every day

6. CJL says:

The 4 disc version of Devin Townsend’s Empath is finally due on Fri.

7. WILLIAM ENGLAND says:

Has anyone else noticed that (in the main) vinyl packages for film/radio/tv are head and shoulders above actual music releases – or is it just me?!?

• Chris Squires says:

I have found myself agreeing with you William, going over the soundtrack purchases from the last few years most of them are beautifully made, sound very good and have solid packaging. Mondo and Stylotone (when they get the right film) are generally very good.
      The TV / radio vinyl from Demon is also quite good. Certainly the presentation cannot be called dull by any stretch.

8. Tom says:

Wrong section, I know, but Prince purple vinyl (3121, Musicology, Planet Earth etc), Depeche Mode singles box sets (Black Celebration, Some Great Reward) & other stuff currently half price at Townsend Music

9. who freak says:

The Who’s new album Who is only $2.89 on cd at amazon USA right now

10. Steve F says:

Amazon’s delivery of The Blue Nile has been put back to 1st July. I don’t know about direct orders.

Argh!!

• DaveM says:

Steve F, not sure the actual release date has changed. I got an email saying Amazon UK would not be delivering this week as they were concentrating on other priority stock. I ended up cancelling with Amazon and preordering from a seller on eBay and as luck would have it whilst ordering got a voucher code for a fiver off which I used.

• Ian Smith says:

High deluxe revised to June 9th now, but I notice other vendors still stating June 5th so it’s possibly just Amazon being cautious regards shipping delays.

• Paul M says:

My Blue Nile CD pre-order has just dispatched from Norman Records so probably just an Amazon thing

11. Timm Davison says:

I’m kicking myself for not buying those recent Blue Nile vinyl reissues.