Out This Week / on 6 December 2019

G Stands for Go-Betweens: The Go-Betweens Anthology volume 2 box set

G Stands for Go-Betweens: The Go-Betweens Anthology volume 2 box set

Muse / Origin of Muse box set

Mick Jagger's solo albums to be reissued on half-speed mastered vinyl

Mick Jagger’s solo albums to be reissued on half-speed mastered vinyl

The Who announce a new album ‘WHO’

Marianne & Leonard: Words of Love original score / Nick Laird-Clowes signed

Nick Laird-Clowes / Marianne & Leonard: Words of Love signed vinyl LP

Cabaret Voltaire / Methodology '74 / '78 Attic Tapes vinyl box

Cabaret Voltaire / Methodology ’74 / ’78 Attic Tapes / 7LP clear vinyl box set

The League of Gentlemen / Precious Things vinyl box set

The League of Gentlemen / Precious Things vinyl box set

Songs from the Cool World / new 2LP coloured vinyl pressing on the way

Eric Clapton and Guests / Crossroads Revisited (6LP set)

Vinyl edition of the 2016 triple-CD set includes (as well as Eric Clapton himself) Jeff Beck, Gary Clark Jr., B.B. King and Jimmie Vaughn.

Various Artists

Crossroads Revisited: Selections From The Guitar Festivals [VINYL]

Kylie Minogue / Golden Live in Concert (2CD+DVD)

Not exactly an essential purchase, but under £10 for this three-disc Kylie live set is certainly good value and will surely tempt some fans outside the hardcore fanbase.

Kylie Minogue

Golden - Live in Concert (2CD With Bonus DVD)

20 responses to Out This Week / on 6 December 2019

1. hamicle says:

Looking forward to the Go-Betweens set making a dent in my doorstep this weekend (years of waiting!) along with the reissue of Arab Strap’s ‘Philophobia’ and the new Yann Tiersen semi-retrospective.

• colm47 says:

Just received The Go-Betweens box set, a thing of beauty like the first one.
      Now to sit down and listen to the music I know and all the rarities I’m looking forward to.
      Sadly, I missed out on the book as I was not in the lucky first 400.
      Oh well, thought I got my order in pretty sharpish but seemingly not.

Congrats to Domino Records for getting the box set to people on the day it is released.
      Take note other companies, i.e Rhino to name but one.

• Julian Hancock says:

My box appears to have disappeared somewhere between Domino and DPD. I try very hard to avoid just buying from Amazon, but the reality is that ordering from many of the alternatives repeatedly leads to difficulties. SDE and Drift are two honourable exceptions, not least, I suspect, because they both use Royal Mail.

• GTR says:

Seconded! Mine arrived today too (with a book from Grant’s library). The quality of the box and contents is superb. Paul, do an unboxing video! (and perhaps an interview with Mr Forster too?).

2. Daniel ( from Berlin ) says:

for me too much hair on the kylie cover. it seems more like “hair with a little kylie”. ;)

3. RJS says:

The Kylie cover looks remarkably like the sort of cover you get for bootleg FM radio recordings, where the bootleggers create a drawing / painting instead of using a copyrighted image.

• John Simmons says:

Yes i thought that as well, it also reminds me of a Brigitte Bardot or Nancy Sinatra LP cover from the Sixties!

4. Matt says:

Wish the Kylie live set was a blu ray. Really disappointing it’s just a DVD in 2019

• Gorecki says:

Perhaps they’re working on the principle that around 75% of visual media sales are for DVDs (according to figures I found for 2017/18 – or was 2016/17 – although there are peaks of Blu sales for certain releases – LOTR, Star Wars things, etc. – and have remained static at that level for years). Possibly because while many people have 1 blu-ray player – they also have DVD players in bedrooms, studies, computers, cars, etc. I guess my main point is, maybe they want this to be enticing to ‘many’ buyers rather ‘a few’. Anyone would think they wanted to make money….

• John McCann says:

Maybe they dident use hi.def cameras or even worse shot it on video tape like they did in the eighties.

5. BJ says:

Be Bop Deluxe five disc (4cd/1dvd) deluxe box set edition of Modern Music also out this week.
    There’s also an expanded 2 CD version.

6. Steve says: