Ozzy Osbourne / See You On The Other Side / 24LP signed vinyl box

24-coloured vinyl LPs • Ozzy-signed certificate

Sony’s Legacy Recordings will issue a mammoth Ozzy Osbourne vinyl box called See You On The Other Side in November.

The box delivers 16 solo albums across 24 vinyl records (there’s six doubles and one triple) with each pressed on 150g multi-coloured ‘splatter’ vinyl. Many of the albums are previously unavailable, or long out of print, on vinyl.

See You On The Other Side also includes a newly compiled non-album track collection called Flippin’ The B-Side and the label point out that 1991’s No More Tears was remastered from the flat analog master, so this will offer uncompressed audio and is now actually a 2LP set. The box also includes a flexi-disc featuring never-before-released demo of  ‘See You On The Other Side.’

The box comes with TEN newly-designed 24″ x 36″ posters (one for each album issued between 1981 and 2010) plus twelve “augmented reality (AR) experiences” which are supposed to have ‘triggers’ that, lead to rare live performances and exclusive video content (more details apparently in the coming weeks).

Most importantly, considering this is far from a cheap box set, each collection comes with an individually numbered vellum certificate of authenticity hand-signed by OZZY.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, Ozzy likes his own box set! “This one’s the most elaborate collection so far,” he says. “It’s very well thought-out and well put together. It’s got everything in there that you possibly could want and some surprises along the way. The sound of a vinyl record is different, and I do believe that vinyl sounds better.”

See You On The Other Side is only available from the official Ozzy store and is released on 29 November 2019. Note: if you are in America, then there’s a different store for you.

Albums Included:

Originally from the “Crazy Train” UK 7” single, released 1980

“One Up The B Side”
Originally from “Bark At The Moon” 7” single, released 1983

“Spiders”
Originally from “Bark At The Moon,” 7” single, released 1983

“Hero”
Originally a hidden track from the “No Rest For The Wicked” US CD and cassette release, released 1988

“The Liar”

“Back On Earth”
Originally from “The Ozzman Cometh” compilation, released 1997

“No Place For Angels”
Originally from the “Gets Me Through” CD single, released 2001

“Walk On Water”
Originally released on “Prince Of Darkness,” released 2005

57 responses to Ozzy Osbourne / See You On The Other Side / 24LP signed vinyl box

1. Tom M says:

Something occurs to me now. Which version of “Blizzard of Ozz” will be included? The original or the reissue with the Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake tracks removed and re-recorded?

2. DHF says:

$922 Cdn after exchange rate and shipping.
    Gulp. But I’m still pumped! My only dislike is, like many reissues today, albums are being spread over 2 or 3 LPs when they don’t need to be. Don’t like 3 songs a side. Prefer 5 or 6 per side.

Wish No More Tears was 1LP
    And that Live & Loud was 2LP

Unless there are some bonus tracks involved, that’s overkill with spreading the songs over too many LPs

Anyway. It’s coming to Winnipeg. Now to pay for it! Hmmmm. Haha.

3. Thomas Oppedal says:

Is it only ‘No More..’ that is remastered? What about the rest, will they sound like the originals or are they using other sources?

4. paul says:

I ordered it from the US the other day and got an email today to say my order had been cancelled – getting flashbacks to the Kiss experience a few years back –

5. Oli says:

549€……

6. Patrick says:

how many copies will be sold?

7. Michel Kempes says:

Yes expensive… But hiw about the triple Abby Road for 70 euro…? This is 24 lps… 16 albums… So 9 x 25.(single LP) 6 x 35 (double lp) and 1 x 45 (triple LP)…. All coloured… So the prices i used are acceptabele…. So let me see that 225 +210 +45 =480 euro…. Then 10 posters, flexi disc AND signed by Ozzy himself…. Welll…… I have preordered…. Remember the Ten Years War box…? It’s now doubled in privé If you want that….. Still NO Bargain, but If you look at it as i… ORDER

8. Dave says:

Paul,
    No one picked up on the fact that these will be 150g instead of 180g. I do love that it will be splatter vinyl. Just shows a little thinking was put into this.

Dave

• Eddie Dawson says:

I happen to be The Largest RANDY RHOADS Collector !!! Always Loved OZZY !! Seems like re-issues are Just an Ex$pen$ive ploy to rake in more money from Fans ( Majority can NOT Afford to spend these amounts !!! )
      I will have to be happy with my Originals
      ( most still SEALED !! )

9. Dave says:

Hi Paul,
    Any idea what the augmented reality triggers are? This is mentioned on the order page flyer.
    Will you need the special computer headset?
    There must be something they are not telling us. Maybe a usb stick with all the music plus these triggers?
    Or maybe they were going to include this and at the last minute moved it to the cutting room floor and forgot to delete it from the flyer.

Dave

No idea, I’m afraid!

• Jim says:

The cover record player starts to move and the arm tracks across the record and SYOTOS starts to play.
      It also works by using a picture of the cover from a computer screen, just download the Arilyn App and give it a go :-)
      A picture of the Cert of Ozzthenticity also works too, which you can find online.
      I haven’t tried all to posters yet but a little TV set pops up and starts playing Ozzy Videos, really cool

10. Steve says:

What the Hell is a flexi disc & can it be played on a regular turntable or is it just filler ?

• Guy.S says:

You can play it on a regular turntable, you just need a record underneath, also from what I remember you need a coin or something on the label part while the Flexi disc is spinning as it’s only made of thin plastic and doesn’t grip to the record when spinning round, so yeah in reality just filler : )

11. David says:

Paul any idea on how many it says limited edition ?

12. gary oliver says:

is this another ” chocolate box ” style package, encouraging people to store the vinyl horizontally?

13. Well, the price of postage is reasonable anyway…

14. Isaías says:

No CD box only vinyl ???

15. Kathy Johnson says:

I believe this is by far the best Ozzy song ever it is ultimately my favorite this just shows me I got good taste in music I can pick them

16. Paul E. says:

A missed opportunity for the first headless dove shaped USB drive with all albums presented in hi res. Or maybe not- what do I know about marketing.

17. Hugh Hall says:

FIVE.
    HUNDRED.
    POUNDS.*

*plus £13.00 P&P.

• Alex David Falcone says:

In the US, it’s $500, which is only £410. Find a friend in the US, or wait for it to show up on anazon and get it from the US site.

18. noyoucmon says:

That cover design, my god.

• Wayne C says:

I agree , surely they could have come up with something better than that!. I have a couple of Sabbath sets and both covers of these are superb. And the price!, I Can’t wait till I see it in Paul’s discount page then perhaps I will get past the cover issue and buy it?.

19. Elizabeth Ursula Hirst says:

I’d like this, but with another mega-Floyd set on the way and no doubt the next chapter of Bowie coming in the not too distant future, I’m going to have to pass on this. If they re-release the albums on vinyl I will pick some of my favourites up then.

20. Karl says:

Should come with a turntable like the cover art for much…. Ouch

21. shaboo says:

“1991’s No More Tears was remastered from the flat analog master, so this will offer uncompressed audio …”

What has “remastered from the flat analog master” to do with “uncompressed audio”?

22. Mj says:

Don’t bother with this get the pink Floyd new box set

23. Dean says:

£500.

Yeah, I’ll get right on that.

24. Robert says:

Actually, not bad value considering the amount of vinyl here. It has a lot of music rather than gimmicky paraphernalia, like the Guns ‘n’ Roses and Pink Floyd box sets.

25. richard says:

Would be interested for £300

I can patiently wait a few months !

26. Tony says:

Not a big Ozzy fan but this looks nice, expensive but a lot of bang for your buck.

27. Martin says:

Ha ha ha love these – I would want Ozzy to oersonally deliver this to my home for this – Gotta love em

28. Tim-Meh says:

Why on earth bother with a flexidisc?

29. Tom M says:

Certificate of Ozzthenticity…hilarious!

30. Bruce says:

“It’s got everything in there that you possibly could want”—assuming you don’t want the 1982 double live album Speak of the Devil (AKA Talk of the Devil in the UK). It was a top 20 album in the US and went platinum, and also did well in the UK and other countries. Can’t imagine why anybody would want that one!

31. Gareth Jones says:

Give it a few months and you’ll soon see the price come down, sitting beside Guns N’ Roses in the box set bargain bin.

• Scott P says:

I scooped up the GnR box when the price got slashed, then saw it at Sunrise Records in the mall for the original $1300 CAD. Pre-ordered this Ozzy one just in case…. But you sound like one of those guys that can’t afford anything good so the only way to fend off those feelings of inadequacy and yearning is to rationalize it in your head by bashing the products! Should have tried harder in life, my friend.

32. Fabrice Dray says:

It does have everything if you forget Speak of the Devil…funny how this guy always wants to change his story, he doesn’t like that album therefore it doesn’t exist…

• Morris Deutsch says:

Fabrice Day, this is his solo catalog. Speak of the Devil had all Black Sabbath songs. I would have loved it to have been included in this, as well, but I understand the reasoning why it isn’t. Just curioius, how do you know Ozzy doesn’t like that album?

33. Vladi says:

Probably like Queen did… ;-)

34. Mike says:

Half a grand. Where do they get these prices from

35. Vladi says:

Hi Paul,

do you know how many of these will be pressed?

Best regards