Pre-order the new Simple Minds live album as an exclusive SIGNED 2CD set

Simple Minds / Live in the City of Angels 2CD exclusive signed edition

The mystery of why there is no signed CD option in the official Simple Minds store, for the newly announced Live In The City Of Angels album, has been solved. Amazon UK has been given that exclusive and today a listing has appeared for a SIGNED two-CD edition.

The slight downside is that it’s not the four-disc deluxe, but on the positive the signed 25-track, double-disc package is only £9.99!

Incidentally, both the deluxe 4CD and 4LP vinyl editions are now also available via other channels like JPC and Amazon, in addition to the bundles and offerings on the official store.

Live In The City Of Angels will be released on 4 October 2019. Secure your signed two-CD set by pre-ordering here.

Simple Minds

3. Walk Between Worlds
4. Hypnotised
5. Someone Somewhere in Summertime
6. See the Lights
7. All the Things She Said
8. Dolphins
9. Don’t You (Forget About Me)
10. New Gold Dream (81-82-83-84)
11. Once Upon a Time

3. Walk Between Worlds
4. Hypnotised
5. Someone Somewhere in Summertime
6. See the Lights
7. All the Things She Said
8. Dolphins
9. Don’t You (Forget About Me)
10. New Gold Dream (81-82-83-84)
11. Once Upon a Time

1. Hypnotised
2. Someone Somewhere in Summertime
3. See the Lights

SIDE 7

1. All the Things She Said
2. Dolphins
3. Don’t You (Forget About Me)

SIDE 8

1. New Gold Dream (81-82-83-84)
2. Once Upon a Time
3. Alive and Kicking
4. Sanctify Yourself

38 responses to Pre-order the new Simple Minds live album as an exclusive SIGNED 2CD set

1. Stuart Holland says:

Hi Paul,
    Will Amazon be getting more copies of the signed material ?

Cheers Stuart.

2. Norbert says:

“Speed your love to me” is missing on all editions – what a pity, my most fave track of the Simple Minds and one of my most fave trax ever – everytime listening to it not under 100 repeats ;-)

3. Davy Coolen says:

Does anyone know who exactly signed the cd? The whole band?

4. Pat says:

Paul,as someone who has worked with the band in curating past reissues,do you have anything to add on the issue of a Street Fighting Years boxset? Have you heard anything at all ?

5. Jonathan says:

Less than £25 posted for the 2cd signed and 4cd deluxe set is very reasonable – ideally, I’d have liked the deluxe set signed but hey ho. At those prices, I wouldn’t say fans are being ripped off.

• Shane says:

Some are pointing out the low price if you buy both 2 and 4cd version just to have 4cd and a signed: you do realize its a waste of material? Its one thing to buy both because youre a collector but just because of this? We should limit waste where we can. This is a complete waste. Environmentally i mean. Not saying to stop buying altogether.

6. Mike A says:

Thanks for the Heads up. Been buying a lot of signed cds lately thanks to you Another great addition to my collection

7. Emsquared says:

I think the 2CD signed price section should be labelled Live in the city of angels rather than lights which was the late 80s pomp fest live offering

8. Jim Kerr fan says:

Also hoping that this will get released on DVD

9. Paul E. says:

Whatever the marketing strategy…I took the bait and hardly find issue in getting a deluxe 4 CD set + signed 2 CD edition shipped to the U.S. for less than $30.00. I think the price point is more than reasonable. I’m also happy to personally pad CD sales numbers – viva la disco compacto!

10. jmurillo says:

Hi, I placed an order for the Elbow signed CD version and another order for the Simple Minds signed CD version. Shipping cost for each order is about 4.50GBP (Spain). I would like to combine both orders so I save on shipping costs. I know that I cannot combine orders myself (in addition, the Elbow signed Cd is sold out) and I don’t know how to contact Amazon UK. Anyone has their e-mail adress?. I could only find the chat option (useless) and the phone number option (I am not sure if Amazon would call to Spain). Any help would be appreciated.

11. Josh says:

I thought they didn’t like “Don’t You (Forget About Me)”.

12. Shane says:

Weirrrrrd. Ordered but might cancel as I prefere the 4cd version.
    Weirrrrrrrrrd!

13. Cindy says:

Nope, they still won’t get me to buy something I don’t want lol. 4CD signed version or no signed version for me. Until they get sensible, my pre-order for the 4CD from Amazon US won’t get canceled. I don’t understand why they would sell the standard version as signed when they know full well more serious fans would want the more expensive deluxe and would fork up for a signed copy.

• John Melandro says:

You make perfect sense, BUT, I MUST have the signed version too!!

• Neil says:

I totally agree with you. I’m sorry, but to me this looks like a very cynical marketing ploy designed to wring as much money as possible from their dedicated fan base. In fact, I have noticed, rather disappointingly, that they seem to have embraced this whole sorry culture,what with “meet and greets” and selling VIP packages to hear their soundchecks. It’s a pity really because I’ve met Jim and Charlie quite a few times and I remember the days when they used to sign things for free.

• mike says:

How you can complain at both for less than £25???? The signed is also sold out, so its now a rarity and helped the band’s chart position at the same time

• Neil says:

Mike, I totally understand your argument but, in my opinion ,there is definitely more than a hint of cynicism about these marketing ploys employed by both the band and their record company. Maybe I’m being old fashioned or even naive but as a huge fan of Simple Minds I always hoped that they would resist this form of corporate nonsense. I know that I am far from alone in expressing this opinion but I totally respect the point that you made.

• Joe says:

Completely agree Neil. About ten years ago I listened to a radio interview with Jim and he referred to their upcoming new album as new ‘product’. It seemed such a business like thing to say for an artist of their calibre. Their current strategy of charging more for close to stage seating and for autograph opportunities says more about their commercial targets than any artistic ambitions. I think it alienates those who might previously have hovered at a stage door in the hope of meeting the band, but now simply can’t afford what such an encounter now ‘costs’. Since then I’ve resisted the temptation of giving in to over the top marketing ploys by bands – it’s hard to ignore the cynicism but at least the music itself is still top drawer.

14. GARY SMITH says:

Have I missed some small print or does it not specify how many signatures it bears? Just two maybe?

15. John Johnstone says:

Thanks Paul, signed CD ordered, cheers

16. Bruce Butler says:

The other downside, apart from the signed edition being only the 2CD, is that AmazonUK still refuse to ship to Australia even though Amazon US backed down on this stupid policy months ago. There have been a number of AmazonUK exclusives I’d like to have bought but at check-out I’m informed “We are unable to ship…..”. Which is a lie. They are able to ship to Australia but they won’t.

• Derek Langsford says:

There are some titles that won’t even ship to the USA from Amazon UK, with no reason matching their list of reasons that some items can’t be shipped abroad. Midge Ure’s Orchestral being one.

• James says:

But just think of the money we’re saving, Bruce.

Regards, an old ghost from the Bowie days…

17. Chris says:

Good news…and ordered the signed version from your link.

Thanks for the update.

18. Adey says:

So its just the 2cd version thats signed?

• SteveeStevee says:

This is how record companies usually do it. If there’s a standard version and a deluxe version, they will nearly always release the standard version signed to try and encourage the real fans to buy both. I’m always happy to buy any signed version as it will be more collectable in the long run.

19. Bryan says:

Thanks as ever Paul – you’ve done it again. Get in!

20. Steve Joyce says:

Thanks Paul – that’s a bargain. Ordered immediately. SDE strikes again !

21. Graeme Black says: