Queens of the Stone Age vinyl reissues

Four Queens of the Stone Age albums will be reissued as deluxe vinyl releases in November.

Rated R (2000), Songs for the Deaf (2002), Lullabies to Paralyze (2005) and Era Vulgaris (2007) are the albums in question, and all are pressed on black vinyl.

Rated R features the original blue album artwork and features the vinyl bonus track ‘Ode To Clarissa’ and includes a big 12″ x 24″ insert. Songs for the Deaf is a gatefold 2LP set and also includes an insert, this time a 12″ x 12″ square one. This is the first time the original red background with black graphics has been used on a vinyl pressing.

Lullabies to Paralyze is another double album and includes three vinyl-only bonus tracks (‘Infinity’, ‘Like A Drug’ and ‘Precious Grace’) andlike Songs for the Deaf is a gatefold, while Era Vulgaris is released on vinyl for the first time in the UK and the first time anywhere as a 12-inch black vinyl pressing (the US original was a 3 x 10-inch pressing). This comes with a 12″ x 12″ insert and includes the vinyl-only bonus track ‘Running Joke.’

Rated R and Songs For The Deaf are issued on 22 November while Lullabies to Paralyze and Era Vulgaris are out on 20 December 2019 via Universal Music.

The SDE shop has a 6LP bundle of all four vinyl albums at a special price, although please note that these won’t ship until all four products are available in Dec. Pre-order via this link or use the button below.

Queens Of The Stone Age

2 The Blood Is Love
3 Like A Drug *Vinyl bonus track
4 Skin On Skin

Side D

1 Broken Box
2 Precious And Grace *Vinyl bonus track
3 “You Got A Killer Scene There, Man…”
4 Long Slow Goodbye

3 3’s & 7’s
4 Suture Up Your Future
5 River In The Road
6 Run, Pig, Run

14 responses to Queens of the Stone Age vinyl reissues

1. Richard says:

Decent-ish price for Songs for the Deaf on Amazon jp at the moment. 3200 yen.

2. Alan says:

@CRAIGED. Ah yes, thanks. I think I was getting the debut mixed up with the split EP with Kyuss. I have bootlegs of both. I remember paying good money for the debut on CD (about €35 if I remember correctly) before the vinyl explosion, as even the CD was rare – how times change!

3. Tim Abbott says:

Mild disappointment that Songs For The Deaf doesn’t include the extra bonus covers of Bloody Hammer (Roky Erikson) and Everybody’s Gonna Be Happy (The Kinks), but Mosquito Song is one of their best, so glad to see it made the cut.

It’s also worth noting that Vinyl Me Please has Songs For The Deaf as their Album Of The Month for November, and are putting out a limited red & black marbled version.

Interestingly, the band recently found a batch of the old purple/orange Lullabies To Paralyze pressing and sold them in their store. They went in double-quick time.

• Alan B says:

I’m signed up to the QOTSA newsletter but nothing was ever sent out about the availability of the rediscovered vinyl. I’ve also signed up to the Liam Gallagher newsletter. The website sold some signed editions of his new album a few weeks after album pre orders went live on his website. Only reason I found out about it was I looked back on his website just before it was released and there they were with “sold out’ against them. Nothing was ever sent out via his newsletter. Honestly what is the point of signing up for these newsletters where tasty items are kept as a secret?

4. Marcus says:

Nice, I was waiting for these reissues for quite a while now. But I’m hesitating ordering via the SDE shop because of the looming Brexit (I live in Germany). I hope they will delay it once more. ;)

5. Adam says:

Unfortunately already ordered from elsewhere when it was announced last week, otherwise would’ve ordered the set from you.

Was only really needing Songs For The Deaf, as in over 17 years I have never been able to snag an original (there are bootlegs plentiful) without probably selling a kidney, but buying the rest again allows me to retire my original Rated X, coloured Lullabies and Era Vulgaris 10″ sets. Even the 2011 reissue of the debut S/T is pretty scarce now, nevermind the original Man’s Ruin 98 issue, I’m surprised they didn’t put that out again, unless this is more an effort by Interscope/Universal as that is pretty much the back catalogue on that label.

Any idea on how limited these are Paul? My friend tried ordering from the same local shop as me, but they said they had alredy sold out their allotted number they were getting (well in the case of SFTD), and had to look elsewhere…

I haven’t got a very big allocation either, so they do seem quite limited. I don’t know numbers though.

6. Eamonn says:

Paul, will you getting in any copies of Pulp’s HisnHers vinyl which is being reissued later this month?

7. Alan says:

No sign of their 1998 self-titled debut? It was originally only released on CD. The only vinyl versions out there are bootlegs. Very strange why they would ignore it as there’s a large demand. Maybe there’s a sneaky ‘complete’ box set on the way?

• Tim-Meh says:

These are the Interscope albums, the first album was originally an indie release.

• CRAIGED says:

Alan – their S/T debut had a legitimate vinyl release in 2011 https://www.discogs.com/Queens-Of-The-Stone-Age-Queens-Of-The-Stone-Age/release/8792477 I expect its a rights issue that is keeping that out of the current reissue series, just focusing on the Interscope albums instead

• brian says:

These LP’s are all on one label. The first self-titled LP is subject to a different label. They did a full on vinyl 2xLP remastered reissue with bonus tracks of the self-titled LP back in 2011. That edition seems to be out of print. The original vinyl issue of self titled is a single LP and was a completely OFFICIAL release on Man’s Ruin records. The majority of the bootlegs are based on that edition but the original edition was authentic. There were several colored presses of the authentic original and probably a dozen of the bootlegs are on colored vinyl as well. Either way, these reissues are a label move and so the only ones planned in this particular release campaign belong to Interscope. I’m hoping the band will get another round of the self-titled reissued soon. It should never go out of print. It’s too good.