Simple Minds / Live In The City Of Angels / 4LP and 4CD sets

Simple Minds / In The City Of Angels live album

Simple Minds will release a new live album, Live In The City of Angels in October.

The album captures the band on their most recent North American tour where they took in 31 cities on a coast-to-coast excursion.

The career spanning set it features songs from the band’s Empires and Dance album through to last year’s Walk Between Worlds.  In total, 40 tracks are presented on 4CD deluxe edition (in hardcover book) while a 25-track selection is offered across two CDs and the 4LP package. The official Simple Minds store offers bundles with signed set lists.

Live In The City Of Angels will be released on 4 October 2019.

Simple Minds

3. Walk Between Worlds
4. Hypnotised
5. Someone Somewhere in Summertime
6. See the Lights
7. All the Things She Said
8. Dolphins
9. Don’t You (Forget About Me)
10. New Gold Dream (81-82-83-84)
11. Once Upon a Time

1. Hypnotised
2. Someone Somewhere in Summertime
3. See the Lights

SIDE 7

1. All the Things She Said
2. Dolphins
3. Don’t You (Forget About Me)

SIDE 8

1. New Gold Dream (81-82-83-84)
2. Once Upon a Time

3. Walk Between Worlds
4. Hypnotised
5. Someone Somewhere in Summertime
6. See the Lights
7. All the Things She Said
8. Dolphins
9. Don’t You (Forget About Me)
10. New Gold Dream (81-82-83-84)
11. Once Upon a Time
12. Alive and Kicking
13. Sanctify Yourself

38 responses to Simple Minds / Live In The City Of Angels / 4LP and 4CD sets

1. Brad says:

Paul, just wanted to let you know that the article says “In total, 40 tracks are presented on 4CD deluxe edition (in hardcover book) and 4LP vinyl sets while a 25-track selection is offered across two CDs” but the vinyl set only lists the 25 tracks featured on the 2CD version/first two CDs of the 4CD version. The band’s website says the same.

2. Shawn C. says:

I love Simple Minds but I’ve honestly lost track of how many live albums they’ve released in the past few years. I bought the 2CD version primarily for the signatures.

• Michael says:

No songs from the Street Fighting Years. Their best album by far. Three best albums; Street Fighting Years, Real Life and Into The Next World. Best DVD; Verona by miles. Still listen and watch it regularly now, 30 years on.

3. MichaelM says:

Its about time Jim and Charlie bit the (sweat in) bullet and return to their roots. Each of their albums up until Sparkle In The Rain were examplary. Then Jim and Charlie met Bono and The Edge and it started to come crashing down round them. The “big music” experiment was a disaster.

4. no.parlez says:

Amazon UK are now offering a signed 2Disc CD version.

5. Wolfgang Mintrop says:

A release of SIMPLE MINDS are always good news to me. Just if some live stuff is anounced. But I’m not happy with the band’s last album and some songs which are part of this live album.

I would prefer if the band would start opening their archives for releasing live stuff just especially of the eighties.

Regarding some kind of special edition of STY, I’m not really interested in, just because for me it’s a boring album, which mimizes the band’s power. So, some edition of SONS AND FASCINATION would be a much more interesting release.

6. Neil says:

For me,Simple Minds are now in danger of overdoing their live releases. In recent years we’ve had 5X5,Hydro, Big Music Live and Acoustic.If you add to that the live content from Silver Box and the fact that they have been selling live product at many of their recent tours there is now,in my opinion, a question mark over the validity of this release. Just where has the Street Fighting Years SDE got to ?

7. David says:

SFY box ‘might’ appear later in the year but as the original release and tour was the Summer ’89 they’ve missed the boat. (Leeds, Roundhay Park was a 3 hour set!)
    btw, when the DVD audio versions of Once upon a time and New gold Dream from 2005 were released Ronald Prent also did a full 5.1 remaster of SFY so THAT would be worth having on its own!
    This release looks excellent and the 4CD / 4LP bundle is perfect! Costing me a fortune this week with OMD and Factory releases!!

8. Ricardo says:

Amazing album. We’ve been waiting for your New LIVE álbum a LONG time ago. Am so excited to órdenes It and listen The BEST band ever. LONG LIFE FOR SIMPLE MINDS ALWAYS.

9. John McCann says:

Hi Paul this and your good self get a mention on the Steve Hoffman forums,,,

10. Michael says:

I guess Simple Minds are now in the practice of releasing a live album between every studio album. Fair enough. They are releasing a lot of product. Good for them. I will debate with myself now about whether I need this, decide I do not, and then buy it anyway… but I probably won’t regret it.
    So, time to place that pre-order…

11. mark says:

still want SFY re issue and its a shame they didn’t do it this year…but i guess there is still time…fingers crossed.

12. Remon says:

Interesting release. Too bad the SFY box will not see the light of day in 2019. Personally hoping for a full audio set of Verona 1989 but i guess little chance for that

13. Adam says:

Is CD1 and CD2 a complete concert from LA? Are the other tracks from various other stops of the tour or soundchecks I imagine? I am surprised to see In Dreams from the new album, I thought they only did them at soundcheck occasionally, nice! The signed setlist I could not be bothered with, why not sign a photo or the booklet? I got them as part of the tour package, so I know what the signatures look like.

14. Mark Turrell says:

i saw them in SF on this tour and they were superb.

• James Hoffmann says:

Yes, I’m thinking of getting this for that reason; I assume that the SF show was within a night or two of this recording, and that the setlist is the same (give or take a song or two)…

15. Pat says:

Looking forward to this…Great tracklist, thankfully no sign of Belfast Child & Mandela Day. I just hope they limit Jim to two or three ‘let me see your hands’.

16. Henrik kirkegaard says:

Great news but i also hope for SF’s boxset. now it Wong be out this year.what a shame.

17. Henrik says:

Anyone knows which country they ship from? I would guess the UK, but you can never be too sure… Thanks.

18. Kevin Galliford says:

What I really want is the “street fighting years” box set! Any news on that as this year is the 30th anniversary.

• DJ Salinger says:

Apparently SFY SDE content has been approved and ready to go for ages, which suggests the delay is with Universal and not the band.

’30th anniversary edition’ has a better ring to it that ’31st’, don’t you think…?

19. patjoller says:

great news.
    apparently speed your love to me is missing from your song list, it should be the last song on the last cd

• Gordon Machray says:

Speed is on the 4 CD boxset according to the SM Official website. There are less tracks (27) on the vinyl.

• Gordon Machray says:

You’re correct! This posting has committed Speed
      1. Let the Day Begin
      2. Barrowland Star
      3. Midnight Walking
      4. Summer
      5. Big Music
      6. Celebrate
      7. The Cross
      8. Speed Your Love To Me

20. Shane says:

Really the 4cd option is the only one that is not signed! Wtf. Thanks ill get it on amazon then.

21. Mike R says:

Is this why the pulled the Big Music Tour 2015 Live from digital services – because they were going to release this?

22. Cindy says:

I was all ready to order the 4CD/signed setlist bundle but then saw that that combo doesn’t exist. It’s very early in the US, maybe I’m missing something I’ll check back later. Saw them in NYC on this tour with soundcheck, it was a great show.

23. Roberto R says:

4cd set seems very cheap

24. Olov says:

Really eager to buy, but the shipping costs are brutal, just brutal.
    60 pounds för shipping to Sweden?
    When the product itself costs 52,50 pounds?
    Really?!

Can’t see how I can justify buying that.